Photo

What Would You Do In This Situation (Pic)

redness scars treatment cortisone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrDaniel

MrDaniel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

Use me as an experiment.

Products currently in use: M2 Skin Refinish, M2 Lotion, M2 Exfoliating cleanser, some type of facial sunblock (just applied in picture, looks greasy)

M2 isn't really doing much. It shrank the pores a little bit, but I'm as red as ever.
I had to quit use for a month because my entire face became swollen and inflammed (itched so bad). Used Hydrocortisone for that. Reduced frequency to once every 2 days.

So, what should I do?

Would a Glycolic peel work, or some type of bleaching cream? All scars are between 5-13 years old, currently 23 years of age.

Attached Thumbnails

• ask.png

#2 anthonylall

anthonylall

Very Knowledgeable

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

except for the redness your skin seems pretty ok to me. for redness the best advise that i can give is to use a moisturiser that's very calming. your pores don't seem that bad to me either and that's actually something that very hard to fight

#3 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Stop using all products. (Aside from sunscreen)

Stop scrubbing your face.

Wash with water and fingertips ONLY. Use very gentle circular motions over your entire face.

Basically, give your skin a chance to rest and recover. My skin was horribly red all over. It took a couple months of this "caveman" routine to regain normal skin tone.

But it did recover, and now my skin looks fantastic.

#4 MrDaniel

MrDaniel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

This is really the first stuff I've used in about 2 years. Redness is pretty much the same as when I just used water. I looked up moisturizers for redness and saw that they make some with a greenish tint to offset then red. I'm guessing that is a temporary fix.

Would Glycolic Acid do anything productive you think?

#5 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

This is really the first stuff I've used in about 2 years. Redness is pretty much the same as when I just used water.

What do you use to wash your face with the water?

Edited by tritonxiv, 03 June 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#6 PhoebeC

PhoebeC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Use me as an experiment.

Products currently in use: M2 Skin Refinish, M2 Lotion, M2 Exfoliating cleanser, some type of facial sunblock (just applied in picture, looks greasy)

M2 isn't really doing much. It shrank the pores a little bit, but I'm as red as ever.
I had to quit use for a month because my entire face became swollen and inflammed (itched so bad). Used Hydrocortisone for that. Reduced frequency to once every 2 days.

So, what should I do?

Would a Glycolic peel work, or some type of bleaching cream? All scars are between 5-13 years old, currently 23 years of age.

Firstly, your scars are nothing compared to mine. NOTHING!!! Also, glycolic peels work, but you need atleast (according to my derm) 9-10 sessions, which can cost up to $1000. Go to your local drugstore and look through Neostrata products!. they contain glycolic acid in them. also, you can go online, but your own glycolic acid (which is much cheaper) and do the peels at home. Good Luck!

#7 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

I have no scars at all, but hyper pigmentation is awful! I mean it's sooo visible on my skin.

#8 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

Try aloe Vera? It will soothe the skin....

#9 optimist_smiley

optimist_smiley

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

Retin-A 0.05% helped me reduce my redness. I have used it on alternate days with M2 Skin Refinish in the past.