Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid Or Tea Tree Oil

57 replies to this topic

#21 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Creating, making people happy, adventures, and clear skin!

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

I really like salicylic acid and have recently purchased tea tree oil but it's pure so I have to dilute it. Anyone know the most potent your skin can handle it? Cause I sure don't have sensitive skin but I don't want to directly apply it to my face. Suggestions?

But as for BP, eff that. I saw no results, worsened skin texture, and it's just overall time consuming and a headache for no results. But that's my skin.

#22 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I really like salicylic acid and have recently purchased tea tree oil but it's pure so I have to dilute it. Anyone know the most potent your skin can handle it? Cause I sure don't have sensitive skin but I don't want to directly apply it to my face. Suggestions?

But as for BP, eff that. I saw no results, worsened skin texture, and it's just overall time consuming and a headache for no results. But that's my skin.

i soak a cotton pad with cold water. ive been using filtered water from the water cooler because it's free lol! then ive been using 8-10 drops of tea tree oil on the cotton pad. i squeeze out the excess water which also distributes the TTO thruout the cotton pad. i then wipe my entire face with that pad. the first time i used TTO i soaked a second cotton pad in cold water and wiped my whole face again because it was feeling really tingly!!

#23 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Creating, making people happy, adventures, and clear skin!

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

i soak a cotton pad with cold water. ive been using filtered water from the water cooler because it's free lol! then ive been using 8-10 drops of tea tree oil on the cotton pad. i squeeze out the excess water which also distributes the TTO thruout the cotton pad. i then wipe my entire face with that pad. the first time i used TTO i soaked a second cotton pad in cold water and wiped my whole face again because it was feeling really tingly!!

Wow you are so helpful, thanks a lot. ^_^ You apply it to your whole face?

#24 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

ur very welcome clambak3!! :) yeah, i've been applying it to my whole face and i really like it! FYI: i started using just SIX drops of tea tree oil on the cotton pad that i soaked with fresh cold water. i noticed that i could no longer smell the tto on my skin and it felt less tingly. if u have sensitive skin (i think u said u dont?) u might wanna start out with just 4 drops & add one or two more if u feel u need to.

i think my skin is reacting well to the tea tree oil. i havent noticed any new breakouts except a few on my chin. (but - tmi alert - that might be related to hormones & my monthly cycle) i do feel itchy sometimes around my chin & jaw where i have a current outbreak, but i dont think it's itching because of dry skin or a reaction to the TTO. i think it's itching because it is healing. if that makes sense? when a wound heals it begins to itch. i'm wondering if it's the same for acne since it's basically little wounds on ur skin. just a theory!!

#25 miritextiles

miritextiles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I have had closed comedone acne for over 20 years and I cured it FINALLY with salicylic acid and hemp oil. I blog about it because I know how damaging to the self esteem this can be, and how difficult it is to treat! Please check it out. I am NOT selling anything.

http://practicalbohe...cylic-acid.html

#26 Sairahml

Sairahml

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Tina fey, Pencil drawing, reading, video games, guitar, school

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Bp just completely stopped working for me. I went to the grocery store and realized Ive tried everything on the shelves. Im using salylic acid right now just to feel like Im trying. Where do you buy tea tree oil? Ive never tried it, nor have i seen it being sold in anything but a shampoo lol.

#27 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Bp just completely stopped working for me. I went to the grocery store and realized Ive tried everything on the shelves. Im using salylic acid right now just to feel like Im trying. Where do you buy tea tree oil? Ive never tried it, nor have i seen it being sold in anything but a shampoo lol.

You can find it at The Vitamin Shoppe, and GNC. Although I found that buying from there you got very little product for your money. I bought mine from Amazon.

#28 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

i got my tea tree oil from the drug store. i use the drug store brand & it's 100% Australian tea tree oil.

#29 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

I have had closed comedone acne for over 20 years and I cured it FINALLY with salicylic acid and hemp oil. I blog about it because I know how damaging to the self esteem this can be, and how difficult it is to treat! Please check it out. I am NOT selling anything.

Very interesting! Is alcohol the only way to dissolve the salicylic acid?

#30 miritextiles

miritextiles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Well, you can supposedly dissolve it with water, but it's never worked for me. Alcohol is really the only I've been able to dissolve it. I was hesitant to use alcohol on my face, but I did it anyway, and it's been nothing but awesomeness... If you follow the recipe I gave on my post, you'll be all right. It never caused any dryness or anything. Please try it! Honestly, I've been trying for YEARS to cure this ridiculous acne, and I finally found a way. It takes a long time (it took four months for me, but my face was severely clogged... like, EVERY pore), but it's totally worth it.

#31 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well, you can supposedly dissolve it with water, but it's never worked for me. Alcohol is really the only I've been able to dissolve it. I was hesitant to use alcohol on my face, but I did it anyway, and it's been nothing but awesomeness... If you follow the recipe I gave on my post, you'll be all right. It never caused any dryness or anything. Please try it! Honestly, I've been trying for YEARS to cure this ridiculous acne, and I finally found a way. It takes a long time (it took four months for me, but my face was severely clogged... like, EVERY pore), but it's totally worth it.

I really enjoyed your blog! It's so full of useful tips and links!
The alcohol really does scare me, but I love the idea of a pure salicylic mixture. Right now I am using an aspirin paste that is standing in for a cleanser/soap once a day.

#32 miritextiles

miritextiles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

I've heard about the aspirin mask, but it's not the same as cosmetic grade salicylic acid. How do you feel like the aspirin paste is working?

#33 Kin92

Kin92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

Salicylic acid (BHA) cleared my clogged pores, small bumps, and helps with oiliness. The big red bumps I use BP.

#34 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

I've heard about the aspirin mask, but it's not the same as cosmetic grade salicylic acid. How do you feel like the aspirin paste is working?

It seems to work fine, but I can only use it once or twice a week or my skin gets too irritated.

#35 johnathon

johnathon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

ive use neutragena (salicic acid) and it worked ok but not how i had hoped.im now trying xout (benzoyl peroxide) and it has broken me out. so now im looking for different home remedies that might work better. im gonna try tea tree oil to see how it works.

#36 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

What kind of closed comedones did you treat with this formula? Were they bumps, whiteheads? I am never sure what people mean when they refer to closed comedones. Thanks!

#37 miritextiles

miritextiles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

What kind of closed comedones did you treat with this formula? Were they bumps, whiteheads? I am never sure what people mean when they refer to closed comedones. Thanks!

My closed comedones were bumps just under the skin. Some people call them whiteheads, but to me whiteheads are closer to the surface than mine were. Some of the bumps developed into cysts that just took FOREVER to go away, and were painful and red. These bumps were all over my face. I swear EVERY SINGLE PORE was clogged. It made me crazy. And it's really hard to treat because since the pore is clogged, no medicine can get down into it. Scientists are saying that it has a lot to do with a linoleic acid deficiency in some people's sebum, which causes oleic acid content to increase. Oleic acid does basically the same thing as linoleic, but it's thicker and dryer than linoleic acid. This makes it more liable to clog the pores.

#38 naturaldoctor

naturaldoctor

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Honestly none of them. Treat from within if you want to stay clear in the long run. They can all be aggravating and have a lot of mixed responses.

All you need is a gentle cleanser once a day. Being gentle you will not need to moisturise.

Avoid DAIRY, SUGAR, REFINED CARBS and TOO MUCH CAFFEINE.

#39 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Is there any essential oils that help with small bumps or closed comedones? I do have a natural SA %2 from Alba. I might apply it on my problem area again, I never had any issue with it. What I get is probably different.. they usually get inflamed with white head. Not sure if that's considered a closed comedones. I will still apply SA and see what happens.

Edited by Ghostunit, 14 July 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#40 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

I've ordered the ingredients for your toner and want to try it on a particularly bothersome closed comedone as a test. About how long do you think it will take to see results if I apply it twice a day? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users