Photo

Body Scars - Next Step? (Pics Inside)

sensitive skin chest acne scarring body acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DeanJJ125

DeanJJ125

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hey guys, I attached a couple photos of where my acne is most bothersome right now. I used to break out all over my face, but after using Retin A, the scarring and breakouts went away and I somehow no longer even need to use Retin A; this I am extremely happy about, but I now break out over my chest and back and have been for quite a while. I started cooking all of my own food and essentially avoid all sources of processed glutamate as possible (basically no processed foods aside from the occasional bread product). The result was a decrease in breakouts and the size of the breakouts and a much less pain to coincide with the breakouts.

Does anybody have any recommendations on what I can do to heal the scarring on my chest at this point? My skin is very sensitive and I believe that this could be a major problem - perhaps I don't produce enough linoleic acid to heal the scars? I'm not sure, but the only thing I'm currently doing to treat my scarring is using jojoba oil on the affected areas. I still have a couple of hard, lumpy pimples (cysts?) in my chest that are painful, but as I said, much less than before. Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0086.JPG
  • IMG_0087.JPG

#2 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Dont worry thats just hyperpigmentatin, They can take a few months to go away and the only thing you can do to speed up the process is to exfoliate with acids like AHA.

#3 tink627

tink627

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

SHEA BUTTER!!! I use it almost everyday. 100% natural, inexpensive and gives great results. You can get it at a health/organic store or online. Any questions just shoot me a msg.

#4 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Are those actual scars? It's hard to tell by your picture. I mainly see hyperpigmentation. You might have a few ice pick scars. If so, it looks minor. Pigmentation issues normally fade with time. Combining your Retin-a with a whitening/bleaching topical on the pigmented areas can speed the process.

#5 DeanJJ125

DeanJJ125

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Ah, so you guys think this is just hyperpigmentation? I see. I have been outside a few times and got a little sunburn, which I know I'm not supposed to do but stupidly allowed to happen anyway - does this mean that my hyperpigmentation is permanent now? I'm debating using retin-a on my chest, but I really don't want the irritation as I know how dry it made my face. Will shea butter still work for hyperpigmentation? I'm certainly willing to try it!

#6 A damsel in Distress

A damsel in Distress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

No, the sunburn will just makes it take longer to go away. Posted Image But AHA cream will be your best friend along with sunscreen. AHA twice a day, sunscreen on it in the day (perferably a sunscreen with zinc oxide and or titanium dioxide so you dont have to re apply every 2 hours) and use a good lotion at night. Try Cerava lotion or a lotion by Avenno. Also you should try a Body Clear body wash by Neutrogena with salacylic acid 2%. Its gentle on skin compared to BP. This is what my x boyfriend did for his bacne/ scars and it really worked. I do it to when i have little" episodes". Hope this helps!

P.s your hyperpimmintation really isnt that bad. And both the salacylic acid and AHA will help with any other cysts, pimples etc.

#7 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Ah, so you guys think this is just hyperpigmentation? I see. I have been outside a few times and got a little sunburn, which I know I'm not supposed to do but stupidly allowed to happen anyway - does this mean that my hyperpigmentation is permanent now? I'm debating using retin-a on my chest, but I really don't want the irritation as I know how dry it made my face. Will shea butter still work for hyperpigmentation? I'm certainly willing to try it!

Duh ~ I misread your post and thought you said you were using Retin-a on your chest. I wouldn't do it then.

Using a good sunscreen with a high percentage of Zinc Oxide and/or Titanium Dioxide is an excellent idea. Both will shield your skin from the sun, promote healing and moisturize. Try to avoid clear sunscreens that don't provide you the same protection or benefits. A good body wash with Salicylic acid will help with exfoliation too. Keep your skin moisturized. Some people like Shea Butter. A lot of people use AHA creams/lotions too. I can't use them.

The hyperpigmentation will fade with time, as long as you take care of your skin. Be sure to use good sun protection going forward when you're outdoors.

If you use BP, don't apply it to open sores. This can lead to scarring.

#8 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hyperpigmentation from acne is never permanent, just so you know.

#9 DeanJJ125

DeanJJ125

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks guys, this was all awfully helpful. I happen to have compound W, is there any way I could utilize this? It's really harsh so I'm not really sure if it'd help anything, but I'm tempted to use it on a couple of these really lumpy zits. Funny you guys recommend body clear body wash - I already use it! Posted Image

Sounds like I'll be searching for some AHA cream very soon. I never use BP anymore.

#10 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

Thanks guys, this was all awfully helpful. I happen to have compound W, is there any way I could utilize this? It's really harsh so I'm not really sure if it'd help anything, but I'm tempted to use it on a couple of these really lumpy zits. Funny you guys recommend body clear body wash - I already use it! Posted Image

No. You might end up scarring yourself. It's too strong.

#11 tink627

tink627

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

About the shea butter, it works for hyperpigmentation yes! I use it myself for my acne scars and dry skin spots all over after i shower