Photo

Kombucha tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 mr.peabody

mr.peabody

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:03 AM

There's this tea made from a an organism called a Kombucha mushroom (though it's actually a yeast/bacteria symbiotic colony and not a fungus) which is supposed to be very good for many different ailments. It's been reported to clear up acne and other skin problems completely. Anyone tried this?
"How come the dove gets to be the peace-symbol? How about a pillow? It has more feathers than a dove and doesn't have that dangerous beak."
Jack Handy

#2 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:08 PM

Yes I've been drinking it for about 2 months. I'm clear now but it wasn't because of the tea. There were other effects that were good though like an increase in concentration, a lot of energy(constant energy, there is no point where I come down like with sugar and caffiene), and it has certain acids in large concentrations that the liver uses to repair and detoxify itself.

#3 Ebby

Ebby

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:17 PM

I have never tried it but I know a few people that have and they've all had positive results with it.
Ebby

#4 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:26 PM

where do you get it? at a health food store?

#5 AcneFighter

AcneFighter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

I have been drinking kombucha whenever I feel like.. I will say every three to four days.. But i did drink daily for maybe two weeks.. it didnt get me clear. It seems nothing NOTHING makes me clear. Oh boy.

#6 mr.peabody

mr.peabody

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:18 AM

You can get info here http://w3.trib.com/~kombu/
Also if you just google "kombucha" you get about a hundred sites advertising them, plus lots of useful info. I had heard they were good, but I drank the tea and found it had no effect on my skin. I did feel much better overall though, and I haven't been ill in almost a year (even though I've stopped drinking it now). Some people say it is great for acne. Not for everyone though sad.gif
"How come the dove gets to be the peace-symbol? How about a pillow? It has more feathers than a dove and doesn't have that dangerous beak."
Jack Handy

#7 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:56 PM

I drink kombucha from time to time. I do not like the pungent vinegar taste at all, and don't think I could get into drinking it regularly. And without drinking it regularly, I doubt it will show effects in the skin.

#8 Spades

Spades

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:56 PM

So how goes the Skin though with this drink