acne pih newbie red marks dots red mark makeup

5 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryjo92

gregoryjo92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hey guys, I am new to this forums so I truly apologize if I say anything repetitive or just really dumb lol.

I'm a male performer and my job requires a lot of picture taking. I rarely ever use makeup because I have been blessed with relatively clear and even-toned skin (I am of Indian decent and in my early 20's).

However, recently, I have been having acne for the first time in my life. It is not small pimples scattered all over my face but rather sporadic large pimples. They usually go away in a week so that isn't the MAJOR issue, the issue is that once the acne seems 'inactive', there is red marks and some brown discoloration around the spots that the pimple was. While researching, I came about this website.

My PIH/acne is very minor and only in a very few spots so it really isn't neccesary for me to go to a dermatologist and spend hundreds on something extreme. I thought you guys would be able to answer a few questions:

1) Do you have any tips on what to do with a pimple so it does not leave so much redness behind once it is gone?

2) Once the pimple is gone, and there are red/brown marks, what can I apply to make the fade quicker?

Mines are very minor and probably not even visible from afar so I am not looking for anything with extreme chemicals or laser or anything like that, just something mild or natural. The problem is, my marks have been here for almost 8 months now and it doesn't look like they're leaving anytime soon so I'm just trying to find something that will help!

3) Summer time is coming up and I heard the sun makes these marks even worse. Is there truth to that and if so should I apply sunscreen only on the small marks around my face?

4) Can salicylic acid make PIH worse?

I realized that everytime I put salicylic acid on active pimples or put it on my after0marks, it makes them last even longer. Maybe its cause I am rubbing it too hard?

I can post pictures if needed. Thanks guys!

#2 Tony1990

Tony1990

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Try putting lemon juice on the spots, dilute the lemon juice 50/50 with water. This has helped my marks fade it's no miracle cure though, it still takes time.

#3 gregoryjo92

gregoryjo92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

What about Apple Cider Vinegar or Bio-Oil? How do those compare and are they effective/safe for sporadic minor PIH?

#4 gregoryjo92

gregoryjo92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Anyone else have any suggestions?

#5 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

i'm also interested in ACV! i'm a newbie too and stil finding my way around, there's alot here!

ETA: thank u tony1990 4 your recipe, i will start to try it this weekend :)

#6 PhoebeC

PhoebeC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

What about Apple Cider Vinegar or Bio-Oil? How do those compare and are they effective/safe for sporadic minor PIH?

I would not recommend BIO OIL, it contains types of oil, which caused me to break out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users