2 replies to this topic

#1 sammirae

sammirae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

Hi all--

I've been using tazorac for about 3 weeks. I was using Clenia facewash as well but it is too drying. I wanted to see if jojoba oil would moisturize my skin and also help with my acne so I started using it about 4 days ago. I think my acne is starting to calm down (who knows from what). I've been using the jojoba in the morning with my moisturizer SPF and also at night before my tazorac. I read that putting on moisturizer before tazorac is good to do (from the tazorac website), but I don't know if that applies to jojoba since it's oil. Should I put it on before or after? Or should I only use it in the morning?

#2 skinnie

skinnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

I would just find a good moisturizer. Have you tried CeraVe? There are other good ones out there too. Neutrogena, Olay, complex 15. I think the oil would prevent the absorption of the medication. I really like CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer.

#3 happily after

happily after

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

I personally break out from jojoba oil REALLY BAD.

From my personal experience, feeling too drying from using tretinoin (in your case Tazorac) is caused by too harsh facewash, using too much of tazorac (pea size is VERY ENOUGH), not waiting long enough after washing (should be 15-30 mins) or using too frequently.

As for 'using too frequently', you only start to use tazorac for 3 weeks, so feeling a little dry should be normal. But if the drying is bad and unconfortable, then IT IS NOT NORMAL. I suggest you give your skin a break of a day or two because the drying effect is actually very damage the skin and not helping acne,

Regarding to products recommendations, I recommend you to use a non forming rinsing facewash (personally I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser). Also I like how olay (the most accessible) feeling and moisturizing my skin but I cannot withstand the smell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users