This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tazorac And Jojoba Oil?

3 posts in this topic

Hi all--

I've been using tazorac for about 3 weeks. I was using Clenia facewash as well but it is too drying. I wanted to see if jojoba oil would moisturize my skin and also help with my acne so I started using it about 4 days ago. I think my acne is starting to calm down (who knows from what). I've been using the jojoba in the morning with my moisturizer SPF and also at night before my tazorac. I read that putting on moisturizer before tazorac is good to do (from the tazorac website), but I don't know if that applies to jojoba since it's oil. Should I put it on before or after? Or should I only use it in the morning?

I would just find a good moisturizer. Have you tried CeraVe? There are other good ones out there too. Neutrogena, Olay, complex 15. I think the oil would prevent the absorption of the medication. I really like CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer.

Summer Routine

CeraVe Hydrating Bar

Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion everywhere but forehead

Vaseline everywhere but forehead  (can't emphasize enough)

BP 2.5% 

L'areal True Match Lumi W6/ mix with Pro-Glow in 209 if need darker color 

Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad for eye makeup,
Simple Micellar for foundation

CeraVe Hydrating Bar 

Paula's Choice 8% AHA and 2% BHA

Wait 15 min 

Shark sauce on lower face

Pop white heads with popping utensil if needed. Leave popped pimple alone

I personally break out from jojoba oil REALLY BAD.

From my personal experience, feeling too drying from using tretinoin (in your case Tazorac) is caused by too harsh facewash, using too much of tazorac (pea size is VERY ENOUGH), not waiting long enough after washing (should be 15-30 mins) or using too frequently.

As for 'using too frequently', you only start to use tazorac for 3 weeks, so feeling a little dry should be normal. But if the drying is bad and unconfortable, then IT IS NOT NORMAL. I suggest you give your skin a break of a day or two because the drying effect is actually very damage the skin and not helping acne,

Regarding to products recommendations, I recommend you to use a non forming rinsing facewash (personally I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser). Also I like how olay (the most accessible) feeling and moisturizing my skin but I cannot withstand the smell.

Have been using tretinoin cream 0.05% since 7/23/11 
Have been using tretinoin cream 0.025% since 2/12/16

I love safflower oil!

My log ( my successful story using tretinoin. This has been archived by this website)

My blog

Current status
dead skin on surface. no acne. post-inflammation marks.