Photo

Help Me! Please! My Acne Scarring Is So Bad! (Pics!)

scar acne scarring acne scar treatment co2 makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 needadviceplease

needadviceplease

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

My acne scars are extremely deep. I'm so tired of trying to hide them with makeup like I do. What can I do??? Would CO2 even work for me??? Please help :( I just want them to go away..

Attached Thumbnails

• a1.jpg
  • a2.jpg

#2 Lange

Lange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Right now, I'm using a dermaroller.

That might be an option you'd be interested in. There are some great topics about it in the stickies at the top of the forum.

I saw improvement in PIH within a few weeks and saw depth and leveling of pitted scars after six. It's not perfect, but it looks much better. I started and continue to use 1.0mm needles which might be a good base.

Some people have had success with lasers and peels. I use a 30% SA peel for awhile but it destroyed my skin and made it look horrible and improvement, while permanent, was limited after the second series of peels.

!!!***~~~Regimen~~~***!!!

**Morning**

Witch Hazel

Paula's Choice BHA at 5%

**Evening**

Paula's Choice Cleanser

Green Cream

#3 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Just go to the doctor and get subscision and follow it up with Fractional CO2 to even things out.
Check out this post DRaGZ had incredible results.
http://www.acne.org/...cars-on-cheeks/

Edited by LZOMG, 29 May 2012 - 05:02 PM.

Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

#4 needadviceplease

needadviceplease

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

For my skin, do you think 1.0 mm or 1.5 mm would be best? I've read through a lot of the information on here, but I feel as though I need opinions on what to do. I'm hoping I can get some solid advice on what to do... I'm just really tired of them.

#5 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

For my skin, do you think 1.0 mm or 1.5 mm would be best? I've read through a lot of the information on here, but I feel as though I need opinions on what to do. I'm hoping I can get some solid advice on what to do... I'm just really tired of them.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/315693-asian-doing-mixto-for-acne-scars-on-cheeks/
This guy had very similar scars to yours. I recommend you do the exact same procedure.
Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below

#6 needadviceplease

needadviceplease

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

WOW!!!! That's amazing!!!! Do I have to go to Beverly Hills to get that done, or would any surgeon be able to do the same?

#7 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

I think it's not only the laser improved his skin, but it really depends on PS skills...many places or spa offer laser treatments, but it's extremely easy to get a laser license without proper training...so you'll need to find a good doc...otherwise your skin will get damaged..

Edited by myskin2012, 29 May 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#8 needadviceplease

needadviceplease

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

I sent a message through the site and will wait for a reply. Other than this method, is dermarolling my best option?

#9 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

I sent a message through the site and will wait for a reply. Other than this method, is dermarolling my best option?

I would just try fractional co2 since the dermaroller does not penetrate the dermis, it only penetrates the epidermis, and the dermis and sometims the subcutanious layer is where all the scar tissue damage layes.
But if you had light super ficial scarring I would then recommend the dermaroller.

Edited by LZOMG, 29 May 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#10 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

it's extremely easy to get a laser license without proper training...so you'll need to find a good doc...otherwise your skin will get damaged..

Is there such a thing as a laser license? I'm just curious because it would be interesting to know if you can check someone's license. I know doctors can buy the lasers right off of eBay and medical sites where doctors sell old equipment.

Edited by TokyoGirl, 29 May 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#11 needadviceplease

needadviceplease

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

I would just try fractional co2 since the dermaroller does not penetrate the dermis, it only penetrates the epidermis, and the dermis and sometims the subcutanious layer is where all the scar tissue damage layes.
But if you had light super ficial scarring I would then recommend the dermaroller.

Thanks for the reply. You don't think dermarolling would work at all for my scars? I'm searching threads now to see if there's any way I could cover them up or make them less noticeable in the meantime. They seem much better in certain types of light, but the problem is that you can't always be in the right light. Maybe having my hair hang at the sides of my cheeks would help, at least so far as to block the light hitting my cheeks from the side.

[/

Right now, I'm using a dermaroller.

That might be an option you'd be interested in. There are some great topics about it in the stickies at the top of the forum.

I saw improvement in PIH within a few weeks and saw depth and leveling of pitted scars after six. It's not perfect, but it looks much better. I started and continue to use 1.0mm needles which might be a good base.

Some people have had success with lasers and peels. I use a 30% SA peel for awhile but it destroyed my skin and made it look horrible and improvement, while permanent, was limited after the second series of peels.

I'm just wondering, were your scars as deep as mine are now or very shallow in comparison?

Edited by needadviceplease, 29 May 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#12 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

it's extremely easy to get a laser license without proper training...so you'll need to find a good doc...otherwise your skin will get damaged..

Is there such a thing as a laser license? I'm just curious because it would be interesting to know if you can check someone's license. I know doctors can buy the lasers right off of eBay and medical sites where doctors sell old equipment.

Hey TokyoGirl, I meant the laser 'certification' not the license...I watched the video about it...check the topic below, it's pretty scary...Posted Image

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/310252-great-tv-report-on-lasers/

#13 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hey TokyoGirl, I meant the laser 'certification' not the license...I watched the video about it...check the topic below, it's pretty scary...Posted Image

http://www.acne.org/...port-on-lasers/

Yeah, it's why I don't really trust anything that calls itself a "medispa," and I always check for board certification and pre-/post-op pictures.

I should also add, my doctor did not use just Mixto, he used Mixto + subcision, and he used three different heads on the Mixto depending on what he needed to do (sculpting, precision, area). I had also had two microdermabrasions done in the two weeks leading up to the Mixto, I'm not exactly sure how much they helped, and I had done two Lux 1540s before then, which may have had a cummulative effect with the Mixto.

Everyone's results will be different, honestly. I remember there was an Indian guy on these forums who was getting amazing results with the Mixto as well, and he had pretty extensive scarring all across his entire face, to the point where it resembled concrete. In some other places, lasers just don't work. It's a crapshoot, but you'll never really know unless you try.

#14 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/310252-great-tv-report-on-lasers/

Wow i saw the video,
is it exactly the same in the United States, because those people were Canadians.
an Hour of training is ridiculous.

#15 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

http://www.acne.org/...port-on-lasers/

Wow i saw the video,
is it exactly the same in the United States, because those people were Canadians.
an Hour of training is ridiculous.

I don't think it's very different, estheticians can get a certification to use a laser by just taking a seminar, I think. They're told to just match up a patient's symptoms to a chart and then go nuts.

Edited by DRaGZ, 29 May 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#16 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I've seen some training schools offer a quick laser training session here in U.S before...

This is about hair removal business...pretty scaryPosted Image
http://www.ehow.com/how_4540376_start-laser-hair-removal-business.html

#17 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I don't think it's very different, estheticians can get a certification to use a laser by just taking a seminar, I think. They're told to just match up a patient's symptoms to a chart and then go nuts.

Interesting and scary at the same time...

#18 *Can*I*Live*

*Can*I*Live*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

skip the needling. save your money, go to a surgeon and get the subcision and fractional co2.
The name is a referance to a song from the Reasonable Doubt album. Incase you were wondering...

#19 jautumndye

jautumndye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hello everyone. I've been a member here for quite some time, but I just surfed around and never posted or anything. Trying to find help mostly. I had horribe cystic acne since puberty. I eventually had the money to go on Accutane when I was in my mid 20's. My cyst went away completely, but I was left with depressed acne scars. It's taken me a while to find something that has worked. Although, I haven't tried lasers or chemical peels. I've tried the dermaroller- I'm a very impatient person, so that didn't work for me. I've had deep scrubs done, and nothing really got deep enough. Recently I decided to get the deepest ones injected with Juvederm (Sp?). If you have a skilled doctor, this will work wonders. I had a REALLy deep scar on my right cheek that I had filled. It definitely brought it up and filled it in, but what also happened is that when he injected that area with a needle, he broke up the tissue that was holding that scar down. So, after the juvederm wore off, the scar was still raised. I would say atleast 80% better. I eneded up getting a subcision with my juvederm withouth actually paying for the subcision. We didn't quite a few others, and the same results. I just wanted to share this with y'all and try and help whoever needs it, because I would want someone else to do the same. Share what works- or doesn't work. I plant on getting laser done at some point to help even my skin out, as I have small little scars that just make things look uneven. If anyone wants to message me in private, please feel free! Thanks!

#20 Nope.avi

Nope.avi

You wanna know how I got these scars?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Edited by Nope.avi, 08 August 2012 - 08:16 PM.