Photo

My Last Stand

gluten dairy holistic last stand milk thistle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi there, i really need your help.

Basically, this blog is a cry for help. I literally don't know anything else that can be done, tell me what i'm doing wrong and if it works i could very literally give up my first born child. Let me just give it to you in brief. To get to where i'm at was a long, painful process which literally left scars but i've seen vast improvements, initially through cutting out dairy and gluten, exactly one year ago to date. I then finally went on a low GI, high fat diet, then i finally transitioned to a high fruit, high protein diet to "fix my leaking gut" (of course I've been following the dairy and gluten diet as well). I've been following this diet pretty rigidly for 2 weeks now and even though I've seen glorious improvements i still get 2 small very deflated spots each day and it's so de-moralizing. It's just taken a last stand.
The thing is, it goes away completely on this diet and then returns a couple of days later! I kept blaming it on small diet changes but i've realized that's impossible!

This is what my diet consists of:
http://www.acne.org/...n-you-have-acne

It works a little better than the no carb high fat diet but it's still slowly killing me. My budget is desimated and i can't be motivated to keep it up when i still get fucking spots!

Before i say anymore, let me say i do not touch my face, i don't use creams anymore only moisturizer ( yes it's approved and yes i've been through the topical creams and shit )
I've been patient and i've waited for months but they're not going away, could the sun be causing problems? Can sunburn cause problems?. I've considered the fact it might be a sensitivity to a certain food group but i can't isolate which one it is! I'm getting an intolerance test which should hopefully clear things up (pun was absolutely intended)
I have also had a horrible realization, I don't know if my acne is hormonal which is very possible because i am only 16 and i don't know if i can get rid of hormonal acne. Can someone go into this topic?

It is so important that i get rid of them, there is this girl i really like but i don't want to get any more involved knowing that i'm disgusting.

By the way, i am on my 2nd month of accutane, if that is relevant, i doubt it could make me break out further. It should also be noted that i take a pro-biotc and milk thistle in unison with accutane.

I really hope that you can give me real answers, no offence but i don't want noobs like on yahoo answers " proactive cleared my skin and motivated me to spread it's message religiously" if you don't know anything about diet just don't answer, it's like asking a virgin about sex.

Thank you so much if you do answer. :)

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

1) two pimples isn't disgusting. Especially on a 16 year old. Get a grip. It might improve your acne as stress is a factor.

2) You shouldn't expect results in just 2 weeks after a change.

3) Do you have a reason to believe you have a leaky gut? If not, then just eat real nutrient dense food in low to moderate glycemic load meals, drinks and snacks. Keep avoiding/limiting the gluten/dairy.

Sun exposure helps acne in many ways but it's also possible for it to worsen acne. You should not be getting so much sun you burn.

#3 Tunnelvisionary

Tunnelvisionary

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I think it's the stress dude. If you're getting worked up about two small spots every day, it's probably because you're so stressed out about being 100% clear. Being 100% clear is not worth stressing over. When you finally get it, you will be scared to lose it. That's not much of a life, and what would be the point of having clear skin if you're fearful of losing it all the time?

Work on relaxing. Face the fear of breaking out head on. Periodically throughout the day, take like 5-10 seconds to just let go of controlling everything and let things happen.

#4 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

I've seen a lot of your posts and i know you probably have a lot of knowledge you could use to help me. But it must be said that you are not actually taking my situation into the proper consideration it deserves, i refuse to just accept acne, i will push through regardless of the fact im "supposed to get it at this age". My life is kinda wasting away. I am absolutely aware of the fact dietry changes take time, it's just the inconsistancy that bothers me. I start a diet my acne fades but no matter how persistant i am it doesnt go away. I mean, there is so possible way im insulin resistant as i've been on a low gi diet for 6 months, the dairy and gluten has been cut out for a year now. So at last i thought it must be a leaky gut, which seems almost impossible since i've been following a similar diet 5 months proir to starting the leaky gut solution. This means i should see results very quickly. 2 weeks on this diet is enough to gix a leaking gut. Please just use your experience to tell me what to do, can stress really cause spots? If so, how? I want more than superstition! This post may be a bit forward, dont get me wrong, im glad you replied! :)

1) two pimples isn't disgusting. Especially on a 16 year old. Get a grip. It might improve your acne as stress is a factor.

3) Do you have a reason to believe you have a leaky gut? If not, then just eat real nutrient dense food in low to moderate glycemic load meals, drinks and snacks. Keep avoiding/limiting the gluten/dairy.

Sun exposure helps acne in many ways but it's also possible for it to worsen acne. You should not be getting so much sun you burn.

its the red marks On my face which also make it look shit \/ i dont know if you read the other reply i made to your post.

#5 arqa22

arqa22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

stop masturbating?

#6 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

I've seen a lot of your posts and i know you probably have a lot of knowledge you could use to help me. But it must be said that you are not actually taking my situation into the proper consideration it deserves, i refuse to just accept acne, i will push through regardless of the fact im "supposed to get it at this age". My life is kinda wasting away. I am absolutely aware of the fact dietry changes take time, it's just the inconsistancy that bothers me. I start a diet my acne fades but no matter how persistant i am it doesnt go away. I mean, there is so possible way im insulin resistant as i've been on a low gi diet for 6 months, the dairy and gluten has been cut out for a year now. So at last i thought it must be a leaky gut, which seems almost impossible since i've been following a similar diet 5 months proir to starting the leaky gut solution. This means i should see results very quickly. 2 weeks on this diet is enough to gix a leaking gut. Please just use your experience to tell me what to do, can stress really cause spots? If so, how? I want more than superstition! This post may be a bit forward, dont get me wrong, im glad you replied! Posted Image

its the red marks On my face which also make it look shit \/ i dont know if you read the other reply i made to your post.

Yes, stress is a huge factor. Yes, stress can break you out.
"Stress" is really just a dumbed down term for a host of biological changes that occur in your body which correlate with negative mood/emotions.

Take epsom salt + essential oil baths (not showers) regularly. You can buy epsom salts in any supermarket (it's like $2.50 for a large carton) you don't even have to go to a health food store. Do breathing exercises and/or yoga.
Do breathing exercises IN the bath.

Are you exercising regularly? Are you surrounding yourself with friendly and positive people?

Do you smoke cigarettes or anything else?

stop masturbating?

Regardless of what anyone says, yes masturbation can aggravate acne. If you're tugging at it once a day or more, cut back.

Edited by chunkylard, 30 May 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#7 Whatsup

Whatsup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Wash your face with only purified water. Buy the Zerowater filter asap. It filters the water to bottle water standards. I do not know of any other filter that does that for the price.

#8 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

I've seen a lot of your posts and i know you probably have a lot of knowledge you could use to help me. But it must be said that you are not actually taking my situation into the proper consideration it deserves, i refuse to just accept acne, i will push through regardless of the fact im "supposed to get it at this age". My life is kinda wasting away. I am absolutely aware of the fact dietry changes take time, it's just the inconsistancy that bothers me. I start a diet my acne fades but no matter how persistant i am it doesnt go away. I mean, there is so possible way im insulin resistant as i've been on a low gi diet for 6 months, the dairy and gluten has been cut out for a year now. So at last i thought it must be a leaky gut, which seems almost impossible since i've been following a similar diet 5 months proir to starting the leaky gut solution. This means i should see results very quickly. 2 weeks on this diet is enough to gix a leaking gut. Please just use your experience to tell me what to do, can stress really cause spots? If so, how? I want more than superstition! This post may be a bit forward, dont get me wrong, im glad you replied! Posted Image

Yes, stress is a huge factor. Yes, stress can break you out.
"Stress" is really just a dumbed down term for a host of biological changes that occur in your body which correlate with negative mood/emotions.

Take epsom salt + essential oil baths (not showers) regularly. You can buy epsom salts in any supermarket (it's like $2.50 for a large carton) you don't even have to go to a health food store. Do breathing exercises and/or yoga.
Do breathing exercises IN the bath.

Are you exercising regularly? Are you surrounding yourself with friendly and positive people?

Do you smoke cigarettes or anything else?

stop masturbating?

Regardless of what anyone says, yes masturbation can aggravate acne. If you're tugging at it once a day or more, cut back.

I live in a student home, i love my friends and i feel most comfortable when socializing, even with strangers. However it's hard not to get stressed/ excited with constant socializing. No i don't smoke or drink at all and since i've moved in here i've lost the erge to "play a solo on the devils clarinet" . I will admit i am stressed and the difficult thing is it's a cycle, it's something that is out of my power to control. I've got a shit load of work to be done and 1 girl makes me nervous daily but i'm not an uptight person, im usually chilled because of music. Exercise is the one thing i've got a grip on haha... so no need to worry there. So can you explain what hormone is released when stressed? I don't have a bath btw and are espom salts bath salts or a supplement? . Stress does make sense, i always seem to eliminate my acne at weekends at home, i always used to think it was to do with the organic food i was provided. I would have thought stress wouldn't be a factor when you eliminate all the dietary antagonists. Thanks for your reply ;) but tell me more sir!

I think it's the stress dude. If you're getting worked up about two small spots every day, it's probably because you're so stressed out about being 100% clear. Being 100% clear is not worth stressing over. When you finally get it, you will be scared to lose it. That's not much of a life, and what would be the point of having clear skin if you're fearful of losing it all the time?

Work on relaxing. Face the fear of breaking out head on. Periodically throughout the day, take like 5-10 seconds to just let go of controlling everything and let things happen.

Thanks for the suggestion, what worked for you though?

Are bananas a good food or are they a no go, because i really want one.

I don't know if you've noticed but sweating causes problems...

#9 Tunnelvisionary

Tunnelvisionary

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Your body knows what's best for you better than anything else on this entire planet. If you feel like you really want to eat a banana, then please disregard everything you've read, and just eat a banana.

Edited by Tunnelvisionary, 30 May 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#10 Hutchdan

Hutchdan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

Wash your face with only purified water. Buy the Zerowater filter asap. It filters the water to bottle water standards. I do not know of any other filter that does that for the price.

yeah my mum is a complete health freak and she has one of those, problem is i can't put one in the student kitchen. Next year when i get my own room i can put it in the toilet....

Thanks

Your body knows what's best for you better than anything else on this entire planet. If you feel like you really want to eat a banana, then please disregard everything you've read, and just eat a banana.

Thanks it was incredible