Photo

Why Antibiotics Often Fail To Control Acne

probiotic action probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

antibiotics treat symptoms and are no cure. They can lead to resistance and decreasing body's own immune defenses. I found that i did worse with prolonged AB use or use of antimicrobial washes. I wash my face with water, pat dry. The end. Anything more generally irritates skin. The antibiotics kills off the good bacteria both internally and externally. The internal bacteria are used for more than just keeping your gut healthy. For more info on that read up on it. After than imagine using AB for a long time. Your best interventions should focus on diet related, exercise, good hygiene practices and for GOD SAKES don't  forget about hand hygiene, how do you think bacteria spread?

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#22 Gilpy25

Gilpy25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

Agree so much about antibiotics... REGRET is the word! My acne spread to my back after taking antibiotics for 7 months, I now have acne all over back and I can't get rid if it :-( x

#23 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

I was given antibiotics back in 2006 by my first derm, who never bothered to explore WHY I still had acne at 25. I took minocyclen on and off for years. I agree with  the other posters, when I stopped the med the acne came back and spread to my back. The antibiotics worked for a while but I got  yeast infections and they gradually lost effectiveness.

Not until last year did I find out hormones were to blame. Once I took birth control, I was clear and had a lot less oil production. I always knew my cycles werent right but it took way too long to find out the real reason.

Edited by AuguriesofInnocence, 20 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.