icepick co2 fraxel

303 replies to this topic

#301 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Stereotypes are true.
    Half Italiano so I love my pasta. But...
    I'm also half Japanese so I like my Terriaki Chicken too!
    100% Hapa
    Studying til I pass out!

Achievements

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hey all,

Been a long time since I last posted. Its been about 9 months since my last Fraxel:Repair. Oddly enough I feel like my skin has still improved every so slightly 5 to 9 months out. The first three lasers I had done were separated by about 6 months a piece. However, I felt like the extra few months of healing this last time around may have had a positive effect on my skin.

Random observation : It may be my mind playing tricks on me but I've noticed that slimming down a few pounds may have also helped decrease the appearance of acne scars. I have always been rather fit but I have made a conscious effort to get my body fat into 8% range this last year. In doing so, my face has become even more angular and less "round" which helps hide scars that do remain. Imagine scars on a full, round face vs one that has a thinner jaw line. Maybe this is why acne scars on say... Brad Pitt doesn't look so obvious as he has maintained incredibly lean body mass throughout his acting career.

With all that being said, I still am looking to further improve my skin. I had a consultation last week with my Doctor for another Fraxel:Repair at 50% coverage set for May. Keep you guys posted then!'

Oh one more thing. It's been 16 months since I had the 2nd (and 22 months since I had the first) "old-school" 100% ablative CO2 laser. I have no signs of 

hypo-pigmentation (which is the permanent whitening of the skin) which has apparently been an issue about 12 months out with the older, 100% ablative lasers. That's good news.

Edited by collegeboy84, 26 January 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#302 aurevoir771

aurevoir771

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Could you post pictures of old vs current please? I have had a Fraxel:repair treatment in last August, but the result was very disappointing for the amount of downtime and price I paid for it. Your scars did not seem so bad to begin with in my person opinion. 

How is your skin texture right now? Is it bumpy still or smooth? I think getting laser treatments/dermaroller actually worsened skin texture in my case, so I am curious about your experience.

#303 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Glad to see you back on the forums, collegeboy. Looking forward to following your progress as you continue to have more treatments. :)

#304 BioNeedle

BioNeedle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

Would you be able to post close-up pictures of your skin as of now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users