Hello Everyone!

acne cystic painful annoyed chemical peel red mark depression

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ellyllon13_*

Guest_ellyllon13_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

[attachment=42352:1003868.jpg]Hey everyone! My name is Jessica. I am 28 and I have suffered from acne my entire life since I entered puberty. I remember my first bad pimple, which I now know it was cystic, was when I was in 6th grade. It was painful, but I believed it was just normal acne. I went about my schooling and when I joined my mother at a doctors appointment when I was in 9th grade as she was getting a mole removed, her doctor asked me if I had ever tried any treatment for my acne. I said no, and that I just wash my face as I have been directed to. She set up an appot for me and started me on a Benzoyl-peroxide paste to rub on my face every morning, and also put me on Doxycycline 75mg. The paste left a white, powdery reside on my skin, so I stopped using it. I continued with the Doxy and my skin cleared up to a point where I began feeling comfortable taking photos again.
I had to stop my Doxy because i had not insurance, and my face began to get bad again. So I tried numberous other methods. I have tried nearly all of the over the counter face washes; Neutrogena, Clearasil, Acne-Free, generic Walmart Acne system, and yes, even Proactiv. I have tried the toothpaste trick, ice, hot towels, face peels, face masks, little concoctions that I have heard of and yet I still suffer.
I have been denied a few different times the oppurtunity to try Accutane because of my history of depression. This bothers me because I feel like it is the last thing I haven't tried yet.
I am currently on Ortho-Tri Sprintec (generic Ortho Tri Cyclen) and it has worked out very well. But if I miss even one pill, I will get a big, red, bulging, painful, hot-to-the-touch, cyst that takes FOREVER to go away! I also have just realized that the migraines I have been having on a neearly constant basis are a result of the birth control. Posted Image

I have found something that I use only after I begin to get a cyst. I rub some of my Tretinoin 0.1% over the cyst, immediately followed by Vicks Vapor Rub. The next morning I lightly cover the redness with Calamine lotion. The pink tint blends well, and it numbs the cyst. This helps it shrink much faster!

So i feel like I am running out of options here... I have gotten past picking (I still pick but only at ready-to-pop white and blackheads) otherwise I try to avoid any touching on my face.

I am just so discouraged, and I don't have the funds to try the blue light treatments or deep chemical peels.
It is intimidating.
It's painful.
It's emotionally devastating.

I just wish and Pray so badly that someday, I will have a clear face. With a minor pimple here and there. Not a face full of blotchiness and red marks from past cysts............

Thanks for letting me vent. I hope to get to know you all! Posted Image
Jessica

Edited by ellyllon13, 26 August 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#2 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

[attachment=42352:1003868.jpg]
I just wish and Pray so badly that someday, I will have a clear face. With a minor pimple here and there. Not a face full of blotchiness and red marks from past cysts............

Thanks for letting me vent. I hope to get to know you all! Posted Image
Jessica

Hey was your depression caused by acne? If not just say no, because I am just asking due to the fact Accutane can be prescibed if your depression is acne related. If it is due to acne, maybe they have different levels of depression where they can say yes or no when in relation to Accutane, I honestly don't know about that part sorry. Also there is a gel version of Accutane, you could try that if you haven't already. Hopefully something I've said helps you, otherwise best of luck in finding something that works for you.

#3 CHRIS9227

CHRIS9227

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hey im the same age and i feel that the older we get the more depressing and destroying it is! keep your chin up and i hope you find the right combo to reduce it on here!

#4 Guest_ellyllon13_*

Guest_ellyllon13_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hey there! Sorry I haven’t replied.. I’ve been busy with other tings.
Anyway, in answer to questions, no the depression was not caused by the acne, but I get very down wen I get a bad breakout or a cyst.
After I posted this, I bean using Betadine mixed in with my Cetapyl, and wouldn’t you know it! My face is WAY clearer than it as been in a VERY long time! I just do 4 pumps of face wash and then I pour about 3 or 4 drops of Betadine in there and mix them. My face is a little dry after washing, so I make sure I always use moisturizer!

#5 kailly

kailly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi
welcome to this forum site. I am kailly from India. I am 22 years old. I am new member here. I want to say hello every one.
Thanks
-------------------

http://www.ezdia.com/epad/dengue-hemorrhagic-fever/617/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users