Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello Everyone!

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! My name is Jessica. I am 28 and I have suffered from acne my entire life since I entered puberty. I remember my first bad pimple, which I now know it was cystic, was when I was in 6th grade. It was painful, but I believed it was just normal acne. I went about my schooling and when I joined my mother at a doctors appointment when I was in 9th grade as she was getting a mole removed, her doctor asked me if I had ever tried any treatment for my acne. I said no, and that I just wash my face as I have been directed to. She set up an appot for me and started me on a Benzoyl-peroxide paste to rub on my face every morning, and also put me on Doxycycline 75mg. The paste left a white, powdery reside on my skin, so I stopped using it. I continued with the Doxy and my skin cleared up to a point where I began feeling comfortable taking photos again.

I had to stop my Doxy because i had not insurance, and my face began to get bad again. So I tried numberous other methods. I have tried nearly all of the over the counter face washes; Neutrogena, Clearasil, Acne-Free, generic Walmart Acne system, and yes, even Proactiv. I have tried the toothpaste trick, ice, hot towels, face peels, face masks, little concoctions that I have heard of and yet I still suffer.

I have been denied a few different times the oppurtunity to try Accutane because of my history of depression. This bothers me because I feel like it is the last thing I haven't tried yet.

I am currently on Ortho-Tri Sprintec (generic Ortho Tri Cyclen) and it has worked out very well. But if I miss even one pill, I will get a big, red, bulging, painful, hot-to-the-touch, cyst that takes FOREVER to go away! I also have just realized that the migraines I have been having on a neearly constant basis are a result of the birth control. sad.png

I have found something that I use only after I begin to get a cyst. I rub some of my Tretinoin 0.1% over the cyst, immediately followed by Vicks Vapor Rub. The next morning I lightly cover the redness with Calamine lotion. The pink tint blends well, and it numbs the cyst. This helps it shrink much faster!

So i feel like I am running out of options here... I have gotten past picking (I still pick but only at ready-to-pop white and blackheads) otherwise I try to avoid any touching on my face.

I am just so discouraged, and I don't have the funds to try the blue light treatments or deep chemical peels.

It is intimidating.

It's painful.

It's emotionally devastating.

I just wish and Pray so badly that someday, I will have a clear face. With a minor pimple here and there. Not a face full of blotchiness and red marks from past cysts............

Thanks for letting me vent. I hope to get to know you all! smile.png

Jessica

I just wish and Pray so badly that someday, I will have a clear face. With a minor pimple here and there. Not a face full of blotchiness and red marks from past cysts............

Thanks for letting me vent. I hope to get to know you all! smile.png

Jessica

Hey im the same age and i feel that the older we get the more depressing and destroying it is! keep your chin up and i hope you find the right combo to reduce it on here!

Hey there! Sorry I haven’t replied.. I’ve been busy with other tings.

Anyway, in answer to questions, no the depression was not caused by the acne, but I get very down wen I get a bad breakout or a cyst.

After I posted this, I bean using Betadine mixed in with my Cetapyl, and wouldn’t you know it! My face is WAY clearer than it as been in a VERY long time! I just do 4 pumps of face wash and then I pour about 3 or 4 drops of Betadine in there and mix them. My face is a little dry after washing, so I make sure I always use moisturizer!