Photo
- - - - -

Successful Back Regimen - Thanks Everyone!

back regimen zinc aha probiotic alpha hydroxy acid red mark

No replies to this topic

#1 12345654321

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post and I want to thank the community and give back a little. I’m a 35 year old male with a long history of acne problems. This past winter (perhaps due to stress), my acne got really out of control. So, I found this site and decided that I was going to do whatever I could to fix this issue. I’ve spent so much time over the past 15 years thinking about this and I think I just realized how sick of it I was. I’ve been to dermatologists and they’ve never really solved anything for me. So, I started with something similar to the regimen. After four months, I’m pretty damn clear and very happy about it.

The most difficult part of my acne was my back. Moderate to severe on Dan’s scale. Right now, it is clear with no active zits for the first time in a very very long time. There are still red marks but they’re fading slowly. My back regimen is based on Dan’s but modified a bit. My skin is very sensitive and I believe irritation is one major cause of my acne.

I take 50mg of zinc daily along with Alive One-a-Day for men. That has another 50mg of zinc as well as many other things. I also try to eat probiotic yogurt four or five times a week. In an unscientific way, I believe these things help. After starting with the supplements for example, I noticed a big (and welcome) decrease in the amount of oil on my nose.

In the shower, I use my hands and gently cleanse my back with Dr. Bronner’s.
After the shower, I use AHA like Dan suggests in his video. I usually do this once a day. Sometimes I’ll shower/apply AHA twice but only occasionally. Sometimes I’ll shower and skip a day of AHA. I do NOT use BP.

For me, the AHA is powerful stuff. If I use too much, my skin gets a bit raw and blotchy. It looks like a rash. By dialing down the amount I use, I’m still able to keep the acne away and minimize the amount of skin I essentially burn off my back. So, similar to Dan's regimen but a lot "lighter" to deal with sensitive skin.

I am very grateful for everything everyone has posted on this board. I hope this helps someone and good luck to everyone out there!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users