Photo

Accutane For Oily Skin

oily skin clarus accutane vitamin b vitamin b5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#41 Vanessa2002

Vanessa2002

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hi Droidone!

I was wondering how you are doing right now. Can you give me an update?

#42 Cabbit

Cabbit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

25 female

This is very interesting as I am taking accutane, claravis 30g, to help with my oily skin and mild acne. And my acne is about 2 cysts a month a GREASY face in 3 hours, and tons of blackheads/clogged pores, some sebaceous hyperplasia from exessive oil in pores.

Well I just started claravis and on day one I thought my skin looked better... however 3 days into it my skin became inflamed. Like sore red nose other sore inflamed places on my face that may or may not turn into cystic acne. Only later on day 4 was there a "true cyst" but it went through its slow shitty cystic cycle way faster than usual and in 2 to 3 days I pushed out a seed. (I know I shouldn't pick but it neeeeeded to go...)

On day 9 for the first time I begin to notice the skin purging. This sounds like a good thing but I'm so disgusted with how rough my face feels there's a cystic type zit on my cheek. so far I think its less oil but its hard to say I think my skin is just still purging. Maybe its a good thing because that means its working faster  having the breakout "earlier" for me... or maybe its bad because that means if I'm breaking out now, oh just i wait and see the kind of crap I will have to deal with in month 2.

I think that something to keep in mind is that our hormones play a role in our skin, and mine never does well a week and a half after my period ends. And that's when I started the drug. In fact, in a few days I will "start" so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

None the less, it is hard not to pick. it is difficult to see the roughness on my face. Also, other than me being a poo right now about my skin I have no depression or anxiety side effects and I would know cause I've delt with that in the past.

Sounds good hifive.gif

Gahhhhh, I know I'm one of many guinea pigs using accutane to fight severe oily problems. I wish I had more to say than, my skin is significantly less oily!, but I'm crossing my fingers for beautiful skin:D

-

Wow, it's DAY 53.

Still healing from the breakout. No more dry eyes. I'm starting vitamin supplements, maaybe it will support this shenanigans and help my skin heal/not break out. I take my accutane with lunch, so I figure I'll take my Bcomplex with breakfast and zinc with dinner. Anyone else taking vitamins/minerals while on accutane?

Omg, I went for my monthly blood test yesterday and this is what happened: the nurse put a cotton swab and a strip of medical tape on told me to leave it for 5mins, just like every time I've gotten needles jabbed in my arm. I get home and attempt to take off the tape and oh god, it felt like it was ripping my skin off. Took 10 mins, but I got it off. Do not let them put tape when you get your blood test!tongue.png

I have exactly a week until I see the doc and get my next pack of pills. I don't know whether I should stick to 40mg or up the dosage.

this is great info! Vitamins and no tape! GOT IT!smile.png THANK YOU!

Edited by Cabbit, 07 April 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#43 Cabbit

Cabbit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Even though I only posted just yesterday there was something important I wanted to add...

Not that I want to jinx this but accutane has although been drying my skin on my body its not that bad but I'm addicted to putting lotion on and chapstick, literally religious. Always put it on after i wash my hands before i leave the house when i wake up, and so on. So far so good I love this stuff its just tough seeing my skin look so bad with all the now very evident blackheads and acne. But hopefully in 20 days that can subside and i will be through the worst (my first month of accutane.)

I will say that allthough my acne wasn't "extreme," so far I'm pleased that i am on it, totally worth it. I tried everything and was on an antibiotic for 2 years, and I didn't want to continue to depend on that for the rest of my life (not healthy, also more costly). I would get a yeast infection semi annually. Where before on the medication I had never had one my whole life.

Plus I have EXTREMELY OILY SKIN, my antibiotic did nothing for my oily skin. I know what people say, ""omg oily skin is great, it prevents wrinkles." But you know what it does when its excessive? It creates sebaceous hyperplasia that never goes a way. Exessive amounts of blackheads that combined with seb hyp, leave a veeerrrry rough look to the skin. I would have to go to the derm at least once a month to have a sebaceous hyperplasia zapped or a cyst injected I can't afford 150.00 a month like that. Also Cortisone injections would often leave a dent in my skin and take over a year to subside. Not to mention painful and stressful. And the fact that my makeup will run off my face after three hours with messed up eye makeup and dirty looking face.

Its like my skin has gotten worse with age because its thinned and more clogged over time with producing increasingly higher amounts of oil.

I'm done with dealing with that, I just hope that accutane works and works quickly I'm tired of hating my skin (with the current purging and all)

Also, as a tip, always take your accutane with a meal I think it really eases the process of digestion. its kind of like instead of drinking a hot of liqour have it in a large glass of coke a cola. Its just easier on your body. Just food for thought. (literally lol)