I'm new to posting and fairly new to Regimen. The great thing is it works as long as I don't workout. I'm actually getting fat for the first time in my life. I've worked out my entire life. It is my escape from my stressful job and mental medicine. I have dealt with acne my whole life as well. The severity is like a roller coaster.
I've researched extensively at this point. I'm convinced my struggles lie in hormonal acne. Through a lifetime of trial and error I've eliminated things from my diet, supplements, and now exercise. It was easy to realize that my diet was not the case because I eat a very strict (I eat the same thing everyday (chix, lean steak, fish - tilapia/salmon, brown rice, egg whites, broccoli, asparagus, edamame, a lot of diff fruits including the berries - anti-oxidants) Eliminated all supplements unfortunately...eas whey pro, glucosamine(this is killing me because I'm close to 40 and its good for joint lubrication, mobility and cartilage repair..I get muscle tears all the time now), any amino acids (fyi - I have never used steroids...I just get the horrible side effects as if I did..ridiculous!) With all of these things taken away my skin is perfect however this is totally unacceptable...
I have read everything (this website is phenominal and provides a wealth of information). I cannot get by how the most of the things which are healthy for me have such horrible consequences. I receive cysts/nodules with even the slightest exercise at this point. I'm becoming very depressed since I cannot workout. I'm in sales and my looks are important (their important even without being in sales). I HAVE to figure something out to balance my hormones.
Things I know...
- I eat a lot so I speculate glycemic load may be a factor (sucks cuz I need to gain weight - muscle mass actually) as well as my caloric intake increases my androgen levels
- Milk - I just drink soy milk (I can't drink some juices for some reason i.e. Naked juice, carrot some others which are good for you..oj is ok)
- My androgen, testosterone, and insulin levels obviously spike when doing any physical activity
- No iodine in my diet
- Recently began taking Tumeric
- I drink green tea
- Anit-biotics don't work
- Accutane I tried back in college - can't remember if it helped dried the hell out of my skin though - to scare of all the side effects however
- Anit-biotics DON'T work
I could go on and on so all I really want to know is...
HOW DO I WORKOUT AND NOT GET THESE CYSTS/NODULES??
P.S. - It amazes me out of all the dermatologists (and that's a lot) I've been to not a one mentioned anything about hormonal acne. I guess it's because it occurs mostly in women.
Thank for any and all help.