Photo

Please Help Answer Before Trip To Store... Covergirl Makeup

makeup covergirl clean noncomedogenic nonacnegenic fragrance free oil free cosmetics foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hey everybody, I am looking for a very sheer makeup that doesn't break me out. I have sensitive skin and I am currently on the regimen. Basically just looking for something to give me a little more evenness without cakeyness. I just seen a commercial for the brand Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin and so I hurried and went on to their website and this makeup is fragrance and oil free, noncomedogenic, and nonacnegenic... Sounds perfect! but just need some comments from anybody who has wore this makeup. Did it break you out? Any adverse side effects? What is your overall review of it? Please and thank you so much.

#2 the uphill battle

the uphill battle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I haven't tried it personally, but www.makeupalley.com is a great resource to look at reviews of different cosmetics.
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

#3 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

@the uphill battle

Thank you for the tip, I am checking it out as I speak

#4 C25K

C25K

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

Covergirl products have never been good for my acne before. I use a BB cream now, and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my face and takes the redness out without breaking my skin out. Love BB cream.

#5 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

what kind of bb cream? the brand?

#6 C25K

C25K

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

I use Skin79 BB cream in the pink container which cost me about $13.00 got it off amazon. I think Garnier has a BB cream out in the local stores, I have not tried it however.

#7 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

You should really try mineral makeup. Alima Pure makes awesome foundation that has good coverage but isn't cakey at all. Plus, it only has three ingredients! Doesn't break me out at all. LOVE it! :)

Although Covergirl definitely makes the best mascara :D
Who says? Who says you're not perfect? Who says you're not worth it? Who says you're not beautiful? Who says?
I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me!

#8 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Thank you to everyone for the awesome tips. I know it is a waste of money but I purchased....

Covergirl clean sensitive skin (leaves my skin dry, didn't have any reaction to it)
Almay smart shade makeup (works well with the regimen, no clumping, no dryness, seems like I get small bumps under the skin, but no terrible reaction)
Everday minerals (made my skin dry while using regimen, not much of a powder fan, didn't seem to break me out)
Nars Sheer foundation from sephora (made skin really dry and flakey, it was nasty, took it off before I saw if it broke my skin out)
Laura mercier oil free tinted moisturizer ( I added jojoba oil to it and it went on nice, didn't break me out, felt like nothing was on, very light coverage)

Next I am going to try the skin79 bb cream.. Thanks so much to you guys!!!!