Photo

Started Eating Better, But Acne Just Got Worse

diet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi, i havent had to post anything in a while since my acne seems to have calmed down. However there were still a few new spots now an then so i figured to maybe start eating better. However about a week into eating better, ive started getting a few spots on my forehead (where i never get spots) and ive got 2 big painfull ones on my cheeks. I havent had these kind of spots in months, what the heck is the logic in this??????? Should i just go back to eating crap? Posted Image Im 16 btw

Edited by Hendrix1, 18 May 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#2 100294

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Specify what "eating better" is.

#3 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Well cutting out milk, sugary and greasy foods and eating more fruit and veg

#4 100294

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Were they entirely cut out or only minimized and do you consume any type of animal flesh or processed foods still? What types of fruits and vegetables are you eating and are you properly washing the chemicals off of them? Do you use any washes on your face or take any "medications" or supplements of any kind?

Edited by 100294, 18 May 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#5 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

In addition to what 100294 has said, consider that if you are affected personally by these foods in terms of acne expression, then you have been eating these foods for a while. Up to this point, if you've been eating processed foods full of oxidized vegetable oils, excess sugar, nearly nutritionally void, then it would be a good idea to stick to this for at least a month. I'd pay a visit to the nutrition section btw!

#6 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

I would still eat fruit and veg whilst eating stuff like cereal, pizza and the like. I just decided to cut down on thee foods and then my acne spurred back up again, which was the opposite to what i was expecting. I don't take any medication and i just wash my face with lukewarm water (i have very sensitive skin) but i exfoliate every 3 days, i find my skin can handle this.

#7 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

And another thing. My hair has been getting really greasy, usually within 7 hours of washing it. What is happening to me :( Could it be hormones

#8 100294

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

I would still eat fruit and veg whilst eating stuff like cereal, pizza and the like. I just decided to cut down on thee foods and then my acne spurred back up again, which was the opposite to what i was expecting. I don't take any medication and i just wash my face with lukewarm water (i have very sensitive skin) but i exfoliate every 3 days, i find my skin can handle this.

Are you washing off the fruis and vegetables thoroughly and are you using unfiltered tap water? You're going to break out if you eat fruits and vegetables while you eat processed garbage like cereal and pizza since the body is actually getting some nutrition from the fruits and vegetables which help the the body recognize that there's toxins in it(processed "food") and it will try to eliminate it in any possible way and one would include acne.I don't see any reason why you would eat processed garbage yet eat fruits and vegetables since there's not really any point in trying to eat actual food and then turning around and eating junk.If your water is not filtered and you're washing your fash with that water then it'll just make the acne worse due to the contaiminants,chemicals,and substances like fluoride which damage the body.

What are you exfoliating with?

Greasy hair can be from sweating or it can be from things like stress.What products do you use on your hair?

#9 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

No i meant i used to eat food like this, but I've stopped now and eat mostly healthy food, but its made my acne worse for some reason. I use aussie shampoo and conditioner and inecto pure coconut exfoliater, but i doubt its that because ive been using it for a while and it stops me getting little tiny spots. And yes i wash my fruit and veg with filtered tap water. I have been under a bit off stress, well for a while now because of various reasons so i suppose that may be a factor

Edited by Hendrix1, 19 May 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#10 Ceebs

Ceebs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

I wouldn't say stop eating fruits and veg but its probably a reaction similar to mine. I abstained from milk and cut down on sugary foods. On top of that i ate multivitamins, zinc pills and other soft tablets like omega 3, primrose oil. I started breaking out. Like 3 cyst formed in under a week, but i was determined to continue this healthy diet. Eventually those cyst went away in about a week:) I reckon its probably the body trying to get rid of all the toxins within your body - so its a good thing:) same way like how you use benzoyl peroxide, you skin looks worst for a week or less, and bam, your skin will be clear. anyways, follow acne.org regiment, you dont have to buy the products, just use whatever suits you but just follow all instructions of the regiment.

if your under stress, go out, be active! start playing some sport, hit the gym. I found that when you sweat, basically all that acne causing stuff in the pores comes out along with the sweat - this doesnt mean going into a sauna :P but go for an actually work out, this relieves stress. Once your all covered in sweat, go for a shower instantly ;) This helps a lot with the acne breakouts. Youll see results on less than a month - yeah i know, its sounds long... but in the world of acne, that month may seem like a min, or maybe a second ;) so dont worry and be happy

#11 Hendrix1

Hendrix1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

I was actually thinking about going to the gym, thanks for the advice