Photo

Dairy Free Diet

dairy adult acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 texasgirl777

texasgirl777

TMoore77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

After some research I’m trying a dairy free diet to help control my acne . I'm also taking Spiro 100 mg a day, ortho tri cyclen, and using Azelaic Acid Finacea 15% morning and night. To be honest at this point I would try pretty much anything. The research I’ve read says that the acne causing hormones are in all milk products so I'm are completing cutting out dairy. No milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, chocolate ect. It’s going to be hard but if it clears my acne I can live without it. Today is my second day and eating dairy free hasn't been as difficult as I thought but I'm worried about what I will eat when we go out to a restaurant. I'm already a picking eater and don't eat pork or fish. I also only eat free range hormone injection free chicken and beef. So now on top of my already limited diet I'm searching for decent tasting cheese and dairy alternative (uhhh I already miss extra sharp cheddar real cheese & Ranch dressing). I had no idea how many products had milk in them! Do yall have any recommendations? Has anyone had any luck with a dairy free diet?

Here is the science behind it that I found on a website.

“Testosterone, through a complicated chain reaction, creates di-hydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT stimulates the sebaceous glands, creating an oilier skin that is more prone to pore blockages and, ultimately, pimples. Milk naturally is filled with hormones, including DHT. It's possible that milk contains enough hormones to have an effect on the body, including the skin. People who are genetically predisposed to acne breakouts may have a stronger reaction to the hormones in milk, according to some researchers. Many dairy farmers also give their cows additional hormones to stimulate milk production and enable the cow to produce more milk. As a result, most milk is very high in IGF-1. IGF-1 is a growth factor that peaks in the human body during adolescence, when acne is usually at it's worst. It is believed that IGF-1, along with testosterone and DHT, trigger acne breakouts”

#2 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

what i have been doing is eating about 2 ounces of cheese, or 2 pcs of string cheese a day for some calcium requirements, and then i take a calcium phosphate supplement 600mg, that would total 1000mg of calcium a day which is about what i need. since dairy is a good source of protein, notably the best source of amino acid tryptophan which converts to serotonin and melatonin in the body, i didnt want to completely eliminate all dairy. also, i have had bad luck when comparing calcium supplements with calcium from dairy, which is why i recommend a calcium phosphate supplement, it is the form that is naturally found in milk, surprisingly the only brand i found with cal/phosphate is called posture d, and i get it from swanson vitamins. with other forms of calcium, my brain and body simply doesnt really agree with it, perhaps you will have similar observations, so this is just a heads up.

hope this helps.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980, 18 May 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#3 texasgirl777

texasgirl777

TMoore77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thanks! I hadn't really thought about the nutrients I would be losing. I will get some posture d :) Have you seen a big improvement with your diet change?

#4 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

what i have been doing is eating about 2 ounces of cheese, or 2 pcs of string cheese a day for some calcium requirements, and then i take a calcium phosphate supplement 600mg, that would total 1000mg of calcium a day which is about what i need. since dairy is a good source of protein, notably the best source of amino acid tryptophan which converts to serotonin and melatonin in the body, i didnt want to completely eliminate all dairy. also, i have had bad luck when comparing calcium supplements with calcium from dairy, which is why i recommend a calcium phosphate supplement, it is the form that is naturally found in milk, surprisingly the only brand i found with cal/phosphate is called posture d, and i get it from swanson vitamins. with other forms of calcium, my brain and body simply doesnt really agree with it, perhaps you will have similar observations, so this is just a heads up.

hope this helps.

The calcium you are getting from milk is actually not helping, it is actually stripping your body of calcium...here is why, I would hope you stop giving this type of advice. Get your calcium from greens like kale, spinach, and seeds like chia.

Edited by bobbi364, 18 May 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#5 arqa22

arqa22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

you dont need 1000mg of calcium per day, its a myth the dairy industry has invented so you will buy dairy.

think about it, how come the US wich is the number 1 in dairy/calcium ingestion has the highest rate of osteoporosis? impossible. how did people live before agriculture? you think they went to wild cows and drunk their milk? yeah righttttttt
how come there is no 1 animal on earth that drinks milk as an adult and they all have strong and healthy bones?

you need about 150-200mg of calcium per day, and you get that all from drinking water.

btw

masturbation/sex=rise in DHT [just google it you will see]
DHT=acne

sad bad true Posted Image

so lower the amount of masturbation/sex it might help [it did for me]

Edited by arqa22, 18 May 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#6 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

you dont need 1000mg of calcium per day, its a myth the dairy industry has invented so you will buy dairy.

think about it, how come the US wich is the number 1 in dairy/calcium ingestion has the highest rate of osteoporosis? impossible. how did people live before agriculture? you think they went to wild cows and drunk their milk? yeah righttttttt
how come there is no 1 animal on earth that drinks milk as an adult and they all have strong and healthy bones?

you need about 150-200mg of calcium per day, and you get that all from drinking water.

btw

masturbation/sex=rise in DHT [just google it you will see]
DHT=acne

sad bad true Posted Image

so lower the amount of masturbation/sex it might help [it did for me]

I use to believe DHT was my main source problem, however I was wrong. I was right that it did cause me acne, but only because it added to inflammation to the already existing inflammation I had from food allergies/sensitivities. If you have acne, control your DHT, right now though I don't have acne and I was having sex on the daily. Once you eliminate the source cause of all inflammation and muscus (anti-bodies) in the body you will get clear, and will notice that things like DHT don't affect your skin anymore, neither will topicals as they might have before.

#7 arqa22

arqa22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

yeah but tell me how come i ate diet that was meat+fruits only and whenever i masturbated too much [everyday] i broke out. once i lowered the amount i was clear. what kind of allergies you have? what foods?

Edited by arqa22, 18 May 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#8 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

yeah but tell me how come i ate diet that was meat+fruits only and whenever i masturbated too much [everyday] i broke out. once i lowered the amount i was clear. what kind of allergies you have? what foods?

even natural organic food can cause acne, everyone is different. for me it was gluten and dairy and sugar (refined) that did it to me. some people have said that even oranges give them cysts, so I would do an elimination diet if I were you. Also, everyone's DHT levels spike differently, not all the same, our levels of T and DHT are different, and if ejaculation causes your sebum glands to over produce oil than you have a higher spike in DHT than the normal. HOWEVER, this can be linked to gland issues from FOOD sensitivities. For me, I noticed improvements right away after I cut out sugar, gluten and dairy. It took roughly 1 month to become fully clear of even cystic acne, it was crazy fast at how my body responded to the diet change.

even natural organic food can cause acne, everyone is different. for me it was gluten and dairy and sugar (refined) that did it to me. some people have said that even oranges give them cysts, so I would do an elimination diet if I were you. Also, everyone's DHT levels spike differently, not all the same, our levels of T and DHT are different, and if ejaculation causes your sebum glands to over produce oil than you have a higher spike in DHT than the normal. HOWEVER, this can be linked to gland issues from FOOD sensitivities. For me, I noticed improvements right away after I cut out sugar, gluten and dairy. It took roughly 1 month to become fully clear of even cystic acne, it was crazy fast at how my body responded to the diet change. Something else to realize is deficiencies can lead to acne, make sure you get your vitamins and minerals daily, zinc/cooper and vit. B and D are known to cause issues with some people. Food isn't always the answer for everyone, but in my experience it was for me.

#9 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

i just started doing this as well and its not as hard as i thought it would be. the only challenge is when eating out. as far as cheese i switched to galaxy nutrional foods mozzarella flavor for when i am having tacos and salads and stuff. they also make slices too and i think it tastes very good. as far as yogurt so delicious has a soy live which is made with soy and then they have another brand that is made with coconut milk. the same goes for ice cream as well. i know for myself i freaking love ranch but have since discovered thousand island dressing and its very good. if you go to a whole foods you can find replacements for pretty much everything there. i have noticed a lot of the gluten free products i see lately are dairy free as well so you can check those too.

#10 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

i just started doing this as well and its not as hard as i thought it would be. the only challenge is when eating out. as far as cheese i switched to galaxy nutrional foods mozzarella flavor for when i am having tacos and salads and stuff. they also make slices too and i think it tastes very good. as far as yogurt so delicious has a soy live which is made with soy and then they have another brand that is made with coconut milk. the same goes for ice cream as well. i know for myself i freaking love ranch but have since discovered thousand island dressing and its very good. if you go to a whole foods you can find replacements for pretty much everything there. i have noticed a lot of the gluten free products i see lately are dairy free as well so you can check those too.

I just got rid of processed foods for the most part. I eat about 80% raw diet (fruits/veggies/seeds) and 20% cooked (chicken/salmon/fish). I use coconut oil to cook and a lot of fresh herbs and seasonings. I do not add sugar or salt to anything I make. Once a month or so I treat myself to traditional style buffalo wings, just regular old chicken (non-breaded), with a sauce of vinegar, hot sauce, and butter; I guess that is my guilty pleasure. This diet has not only cleared my skin of acne, it has also gave me more energy, sex drive, and a happier outlook on life. I used to be slightly depressed with anxiety, fatigue, and of course acne and sinuses. Keep trying to transition to a more simple diet with lots of fresh foods, or make things from scratch to avoid any processed foods that may have things in them that you don't want.

#11 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Thanks! I hadn't really thought about the nutrients I would be losing. I will get some posture d Posted Image Have you seen a big improvement with your diet change?

i have been managing my acne like this for a while now, tried accutane in 2007 but had a bad reaction to it, so sought out alternatives which were pretty successful, i consider myself to have mild acne or none at all now and i dont use any medications for it, no topical or anything like that.

#12 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Casein is the ingredient found in cow milk that you want to avoid. Goat milks however are lot healthier choices you could drink Coconut milks also. I would not recommend Soy Milk or Rice Milk. Although rice milk is fine, most of them has additives and sugars.

I thought dairy was what was causing my acne, but damn was I wrong. It didn't help at all, my acne is actually a teenger acne but what triggered it was sugars. Yep sugar, it helped the bad yeast in my gut to grow or the bad acne causing bacteria.
I started drinking Kefir (made from milk) and started avoiding fruits and sugar now my face no longer break out. It does break out when I eat junk food. I really love junk food (guilty) and I just sometimes eat them but now I only get like 1 cystic pimple thats all. If I were to avoid all sugar like cookies, muffins, and chips, I'd be 100% clear. Now I am 90% clear.

Cheese is bad it's like made from the worst stuffs of milk. Kefir is the opposite, its very beneficial, trust me. Kefir is like Yogurt in its purest form. Lot of yogurts we see today are all crappy, too much additives and specially SUGAR!

If you could limit your daily intake of sugar below 20g, and continue on with that for few weeks you might clear up.

#13 arqa22

arqa22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

does ALL sugar cause acne? or only sucrose[white sugar]?
is fructose [fruit sugar] also causing you to break out? if not whats the diffrence?
i mean, all sugar will eventually turn to glucose and thats it, no matter weather its sucrose or fructose or whatever carb it is, it all will end up as glucose in your blood.

#14 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

does ALL sugar cause acne? or only sucrose[white sugar]?
is fructose [fruit sugar] also causing you to break out? if not whats the diffrence?
i mean, all sugar will eventually turn to glucose and thats it, no matter weather its sucrose or fructose or whatever carb it is, it all will end up as glucose in your blood.

Watch this...your statement is wrong. Also, sugar without fiber is bad, fiber in fruits is why fruit is much healthier than regular old white sugar or honey or agave or anything with sugar because it slows the absorption of sugar into the blood.

#15 ronae

ronae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

Dairy free diet had a HUGE EFFECT on my acne. However, I was doing it all wrong at first. To cut out dairy (milk dairy) aside from eggs, completley out of my diet I realized how important it was to read the nutrition labels. Sometimes protein shakes, starbucks SYRUPS, and etc have traces of dairy in it. When not taken into careful consideration this all adds up!