Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lilo's Paleo Log

98 posts in this topic

B: lamb and veggies stew

Snack: coconut, beef jerky, 85% dark chocolate (2 blocks)

L: lamb and veggies stew

D: chicken and veggies soup

Took 1 Udo's Super 8 Probiotics with dinner. Have not exactly had a bowel movement since last week-end and it is almost Friday. My stomach muscles just don't do anything to move things along, not sure how I can fix this because I'm sure its influencing my consistent break-outs and not so smooth forehead. Should maybe also check the medicine cupboard for Mg citrate or something, getting sick of this constipation issues.

Skin: 6/10

Mood: 2/10, at least I was productive at work

B: 3 eggs and avo, banana

Snack: beef jerky, coconut chunks, 85 % dark cocolate (2 blocks)

L: lamb and veggies stew

D: lamb and veggies stew

Skin: 5/10

Mood: 3/10

Still no BM, taking 3 pills of Udo's / day.

B: poached eggs, avo, spinach, bacon

L: chicken and veggies soup, 2 meatballs

Snack: 2 muffins (coconut flour & oil, pumpkin, strawberries, salt, natural vanilla extract, eggs), 1 meatball

Skin: 5/10, I'm hoping to see a marked improvement by end of month 2

Mood: 3/10, feeling pretty depressed lately, it may be as a result of constipation issue

Took my usual probiotics / prebiotics pills (8) and Solgar Mg citrate pills (4). Have had quite a bit of cramping today.

Going to change things up again, my fish consumption is almost non-existent. So this week I will only eat red meat once per week (Clear Skin Diet).

B: egg and zucchini pancakes (with fresh basil and coriander), strawberries

Snacks: 2 coconut muffins

L: chicken and veggies soup

Snack: 2 meatballs, leftover pancakes, banana

I eat a lot due to weight loss issues. Still having BM problems, took alot of probiotics and Mg citrate again today.

Mood: 6/10, basically just watched TV, read and ate, a day in the life of my cat, haha!

I'm really sick of this and have reached rock bottom once again. This diet is not sustainable for me in the long-term. It may have been if I at least cleared up, but I contnue to break-out daily, have low mood and no energy. It should have at least slowed down somewhat by now. I'm really disappointed, I hate feeling so inferior because of my skin. Am I giving up to soon?

Seriously, can I give up oats and wholgrain rye bread forever for mediocre results? No.

Sorry about the rant, I haven't really given up. But, I will be taking 10 mg accutane per day and gradually tapering until the diet actually kicks in. Unfortunately, my current break-outs are making me depressed and I feel like quiting every day without giving it enough time to work. But, with accutane I won't suffer these break-outs and may remain more positive about my diet changes and if, after 3 months, I still break-out exactly the same as now after I stop accutane, I will have my answer.

B: chicken and veggies stew

Snacks: 2 coconut muffins, 85 % dark chocolate

L: meatballs and a banana

D: ckicken and veggies soup

Mood: 3/10

Acc: 1

Pal Diet: 35/90

B: 2 boiled eggs, rasberries

Snack: banana

L: chicken and veggies stew

D: lightly smoked wild mackerel, avo, beetroot

Snack: carrots dipped in macadamia nut butter

Skin: 5/10, my skin colour is also funny lately, hope its not due to beta-carotene overload, I don't look or feel good about myself, probably need to up my greens instead of always having carrots and butternut squash, but yeah, my colour is way off

Mood: 1/10 this morning, 4/10 in the afternoon

Acc: 2

Paleo Diet: 36/90 (at day 90 I will completely stop my low dose Accutane, and should start breaking out fairly quickly, few weeks to a month max)

OK, well today I caved, I have a very stressful work and can't really deal with diet stress as well. Worst of all, for some reason I feel like it is the end of the world every morning, my depression is through the roof in the mornings with this diet, so much so that I almost wanted to resign today because I could not take it anymore.

I had chicken and avo on a rye sandwich. I just don't see a future without some grains, nothing terrible, just some basmati / brown rice, steel cut GF oats and GF bread / rye bread at one or two meals per day. I don't need to have much dairy or sugar or anything like that, but if I do, I won't die.

For now, I'm sticking to my 10 mg roaccutane while focussing on trying to get my BMs to be more regular.

Felt a lot better today. Overdid it a bit, had oats, two slices of rye bread and a GF pizza, it's good to feel normal again. I've had it with restrictive diets. I do eat healthy anyway.

Mood: 7/10

I took my last accutane on Tuesday. Currently on a very high dose niacinamide and zinc combo (almost 3 weeks now), broke out pretty bad last week, whereas my skin is fairly clear this week. Will see how it goes.

Skin: 8/10

My skin is still going great, and I'm not eating that great, it may still be the effect of roaccutane, or else the zinc and nicotinamide combo.

Skin: 8.5 / 10, not oily as usual

Still good.

Skin: 8/10, have upped my dose to double the amount, ie 3 g nicotinamide, 400 mg zinc. To soon after accutane to tell if this is working. A month should do!

Skin really well, 9/10.

2,1 g nicotinamide

300 mg zinc

3 g vitamin c

250 mg vitamin b6

30 g pygenol

Still 9/10, no actives, chest clear, oilyness still way down. Almost cant believe this? But it may be the honeymoon phase, I don't want to get too excited and then it doesn't last.

What I don't understand is why nicotinamide and zinc cleared my acne? Was I deficient? Could it have been Pyroluria or maybe something else? Will my initial results last?

Still 9/10, no actives.

Still clear, but now I have a cyst on my chin, it is sore when I touch it, and releases a clear liquid, not sure what this is, can't be a pimple, so what is it.

Worried about all the other stuff I'm taking, ie GLA, B6, C, manganese, p-5-p (mainly for depression) and maybe I should just stick with the nicom and zinc for now.

The cyst is gone, still not sure what exactly it was though. Had a few very small ones pop-up, but nothing to be concerned about, they are healing already.

I have dropped down to 1 pill (375 mg nico and 100 mg zinc) twice per day.

Stopped all other pills except for pycegenol for melasma (40 g twice per day).

It is almost a month since stopping accutane.

OK, have quite a bit of a break-out on my chin, ie small whiteheads, not very happy with this latest development. Will up my dose to 4 pills starting tomorrow and we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

My skin is not doing so well, I stopped accutane a month ago and thought that my nicotinamide and zinc combo was keeping me clear, not!

My new orthomolecular protocol:

- 1000 mg no-flush niacin, 3 times per day - 3000 mg / day

- 110 mg zinc, 2 per day - 220 mg / day

- 1,5 g vitamin C, 3 times per day - 4,5 g / day

- 50 mg of p5p - 50 mg / day

Im actually supposed to take 250 mg B6, but instead is taking p5p 50 mg.

My current skin condition:

- more oily, but not as bad as previously

- suddenly getting blackheads again

- have new small whiteheads daily

My skin is clear at the moment, but I do have marks and my skin does look and feel a lot more oily.

Have also started to apply a niacinamide topical gel, not sure if it is the reason why I do not appear to have any actives.

5 weeks off roaccutane.

My face is 100 % clear again. Very strange.

I will be starting a new log, as I am no longer eating paleo.