Photo

Sensitive Acne-Prone Combination Skin?

sensitive combination acne-prone cleanser moisturizer foundation makeup neutral undertones fair

3 replies to this topic

#1 artemisexiled

artemisexiled

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

So I am looking for products for my skin- I have fair skin with blue/green veins (neutral undertones?). My skin is often dry enough that it gets flaky (like dandruff-flaky), but is also quite oily. The two are not exclusive, either. My skin is- perhaps not sensitive, but very fragile or delicate.

When I have acne, which is most of the time, it's mostly painful pink almost-(but-not-quite)-white-heads. I only get a handful at a time and they are WAY spread out- like someone tossed M&Ms in the air and put one under where each M&M landed. One or two (over the course of 25 years) have developed into cysts- which really hurt.

What I am most hoping for are face and/or body cleansers and moisturizers, but I am also looking for foundation and other makeup.
Thanks for taking a look!
~ Artemis

#2 Simplicita

Simplicita

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hi artemis,
I use cetaphil, both the face wash and moisturizer. I recommend you don't use the oily skin wash but instead the wash that is moisturizing as well. Also make sure to exfoliate once a week or so. I also have really dry skin but due to accutane and switched my make up routine around and the new one is really hydrating to my skin and doesnt look dry or let my skin look flaky. first you need to use moisturizer on your skin. then use a hydrating primer, I use the 'face protection' primer from MAC. It also has an SPF of 50, so it'll be protecting your skin, and you need that if its very dry. again, if your skin is as dry as mine, after the primer I use the fix+ spray from MAC just do add some moisture back to it. Let it dry then apply your foundation. if you are acne prone to foundation (i am not anymore thanks to accutane) you should use either laura mercier, make up forever HD, tar or hourglass. they all have different texture so I would go to the store and see what I liked best - depends on personal preference. they are all great though and non commogenic - which means they won't break you out. I use MAC studio fix because it has a lot of coverage and it hides any shallow scars and pigmentation. then I use the fix+ pray again to add some hydration (you can imagine how dry my skin must be lol). after that i use the mineralize MAC powder just to finish. you can use a powder from the brands I said above.

if you build a good skin and make up routine your skin should improve. my skin also improved after I cut dairy out of my diet - so watch out for foods and see whats helping and not helping your skin.

good luck =)

#3 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Have you tried Dan's products? If you cannot tolerate BP, then sulfur is a good option. My daughter is very allergic to BP. She uses a sulfur resorcinol medication by Lumiplexion. Note: She tried the Clearasil version (which has a gross tinted color to it) and it did not work at all. She sells a chemical-free sunscreen (which I recently started using). She has three levels of facial cleanser, with a mild one for more sensitive skin. Great stuff.

#4 sherrinblue

sherrinblue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Always use a gentle cleanser to wash your skin. Avoid the ingredients Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate in your cleaners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users