Photo

Just Can't Seem To Stay Clear :/

hormonal acne period

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Keilebakescupcakes

Keilebakescupcakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

UGH, I hate hormones. I was almost completely clear using Dans Regimen, then my cycle came along and BAM! massive eruption on my chin. Although, they are quite smaller than usual it's still annoying :( Any ideas as to how this could be cured? I think alot of it has to do with my diet. I crave alot of salty/sweet things when on my period. HELP HELP HELP. Please.....I'm starting to get desperate. By the way, I've been on the regimen for a little over a month.

#2 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Are you using the BP once or twice a day? If you are not using it during the day, you may want to consider using a salicycilc medication during the day. I use Lumiplexion salicylic. It goes on like a toner, but it's more of a treatment. It doesn't bother your makeup (you can't even tell it's there), and it helps to exfoliate and give that extra bump to your treatment. It also keeps me relatively clear of blackheads.

#3 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Try the ketogenic diet for 2 weeks. If your skin doesn't look better in two weeks, I will ram my head into a wall. Try it.

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

No topical regimen will cure hormonal acne. Hormonal acne needs hormonal treatment. Your options are pretty much birth control, spironolactone, or the right balance of diet/natural supplements. I tried all sorts of diet things for years and never got anywhere. I'm in month 3 of spironolactone and I'm clearer but not completely clear. I've heard it takes up to a year, though.

#5 Keilebakescupcakes

Keilebakescupcakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Are you using the BP once or twice a day? If you are not using it during the day, you may want to consider using a salicycilc medication during the day. I use Lumiplexion salicylic. It goes on like a toner, but it's more of a treatment. It doesn't bother your makeup (you can't even tell it's there), and it helps to exfoliate and give that extra bump to your treatment. It also keeps me relatively clear of blackheads.

I use the treatment once a day because it makes my makeup look horrible if I use the treatment in the morning. Where can I get an SA toner in-store?

I also failed to mention that I normally stay pretty darn clear. 1-2 small breakouts between periods. I am clear EVERYWHERE except my chin right now. I have 3 or 4 healing breakouts and 1-2 active ones :/ ALL. ON. MY. CHIN.

#6 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Lumiplexion is not a store brand. You can visit the website at Lumiplexionskincare.com Check out the FB page for what others think of her products. Also, feel free to email her from the website. She will get back with you. She likes to speak with people first to make sure you are getting the right product for your skin (it's like having your own consultant). The SA product is $22. There are three grades, Sal 1, Sal 2, and Sal 3 (she wants you to build up to avoid irritation). My daughter overuses the product and it will last her 1-2 months. I use it in the morning only (use AHA at night) and it will last me at least 4 months. I've used her products since I was 19 (22 years now), and I've never found anything better.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_sugarglide_*

Guest_sugarglide_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Honestly, it seems like you're picking at them and making them worse. When I get my period I'll get those like under the skin type pimples so if you're getting the same kind of pimples, don't pop them! Try not to at least, but if you do, and do successfully, make sure you clean the area afterwards and put on some BP overnight. I've tried spironolactone for a year and yaz for about 9 months or so and I wouldn't recommend either. Ever since taking spiro, I've developed annoying digestive problems and excessive belching after eating anything til this day. (I've been off it for about a year now) IT SUCKS. I regret taking it although it did clear me up, it didn't clear me up completely. And it just took too damn long. Yaz made me a complete crazy woman with suicidal episodes but it did clear me up pretty well.. Those lawsuit commercials do just freak me out since they can higher the risk of blood clots, etc. Do some more research cause it seems to me that oral meds won't be worth the hassle getting and taking for a few pimples on your chin! Good luck!

#8 Keilebakescupcakes

Keilebakescupcakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Honestly, it seems like you're picking at them and making them worse. When I get my period I'll get those like under the skin type pimples so if you're getting the same kind of pimples, don't pop them! Try not to at least, but if you do, and do successfully, make sure you clean the area afterwards and put on some BP overnight. I've tried spironolactone for a year and yaz for about 9 months or so and I wouldn't recommend either. Ever since taking spiro, I've developed annoying digestive problems and excessive belching after eating anything til this day. (I've been off it for about a year now) IT SUCKS. I regret taking it although it did clear me up, it didn't clear me up completely. And it just took too damn long. Yaz made me a complete crazy woman with suicidal episodes but it did clear me up pretty well.. Those lawsuit commercials do just freak me out since they can higher the risk of blood clots, etc. Do some more research cause it seems to me that oral meds won't be worth the hassle getting and taking for a few pimples on your chin! Good luck!

Honestly, at this point anything is better than having pimples on my chin. It's so annoying when you're completely clear everywhere but your chin. I was considering birth control because the ONLY time I ever get pimples is a week before, and a week after my period (I guess my hormones are still settling down after my period, that's my only guess as to why I get them right after my cycle) I do have a problem with wanting to pop those suckers :/ but I've done so, so much better in the past few months. Right now, I just have a few dry-healing flakey type flattened out pimples, and 1 that I can feel forming right underneath where that one I previously stated was (it's gone now besides a red mark). I JUST WANT CLEAR SKIN. THAT'S IT.