Photo

Help!

help regimen takes long time dryness flaking acne.org lifestyle acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

So I know you all are probably sick of seeing these "help" posts posted around here, but at this moment, that's all I could really think of to get anyone's attention. So, I'm having a little trouble timing the regimen and working it into my every day life, all though, I am doing the regimen 2x per day generally 10-12 hours apart. I only have 2 issues here:
#1: For me, the acne.org regimen takes me 1hr 30mins to do, which is a very long time. It takes me about 20 mins to apply cleanser & treatment, (plus the 5min wait in between the two), then, I have to wait about 30-50 minutes for the BP to dry before I put on moisturizer, which takes about 4 or 5 minutes, then, I need to wait about 10 minutes for that to dry. Now, I know it should really only take me 30 minutes to do all this, but it doesn't. Is it normal to take this long?
#2: Is it ever okay once in awhile to do the regimen 8 hours apart? I'm forced to do this sometimes, and I know it's not recommended, but will it hurt to do it occasionally?
Thanks, Please Respond! - WS

#2 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hey,
What I notice with people on the regimen is that they are scared to change slightly, I know the thought of acne returning to what it might of been before, I know the feeling, but what you mentioned above (#2,) is fine, if the morning application is a bit of a pain, try going on BP once a day, at night and see how your skin handles it, of course, as long as your skin is clear.
The regimen generally for me takes a long time at night, in the morning it's just a case of cleansing and moisturizing, but at night with BP, I always leave my skin for a good 30 mins before I move on.
My advice is, if you must use BP twice a day, use a little less BP in the morning, that should hopefully let you get away with letting it dry for 20 mins.

What I'm trying to say is, fit the regiment to you, don't force yourself to fit to the regimen :)

Good luck

Edited by Kyle_, 16 May 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#3 Nolz

Nolz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

What Kyle said:)

LOL my regimen takes 15 mins in the morning, that's with cleansing, BP, mosturiser, AHA cream AND make up. I'm always running late for work so ya, I'd rather have a job than be unemployed with clear skin. In the evenings I really do take my time though. Probably about the same that you do.

Point is, the regimen is not some form of punishment, it should work for you, not you for it:)

#4 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

Hey WS, 1.5 hours twice per day is quite a commitment! I'm not sure why its taking you that long to follow the steps but perhaps I can give you some tips. I'm assuming that you've slowly built up to applying the full dose of BP etc.

I can only speak from my own experience. I shower twice a day and cleanse in the shower. I get out, dry my face first and then dry the rest of myself off. By the time I've brushed my teeth, hair etc my face is dry (around 5-7 mins) enough to put on the treatment. I put on two pumps of BP and push it around my face for about 4-5 mins and then let the rest air dry. While air drying I usually get dressed, make my bed etc..which usually takes around 5 mins at which stage I then put on the moisturiser. To save time (because this DOES take ages) I do it in two stages. I put once pump on my face and rub it in completely (say 2 mins). Then i do a second pump and spread that around for about 3 mins and then let the rest air dry for another 3-5 mins while I get dressed So in total it takes (wait while I add it all up) 28 mins max. But during that time, I'm also brushing my teeth, making the bed, getting dressed etc, so its not like that whole half hour is dedicated purely to applying the regimen.

I'm luckier now that I'm clear and usually only apply the regimen once a day in the evening but I still occassionally put it on in the morning too before work if I feel like I'm starting to get bumps appear under my skin again.

So I'm not sure if what I do above is different to what you do but if we are doing the same, then I'm pretty certain that you are waiting far too long between stages which is eating up the time. Definitely applying the moisuriser in two stages cut down the time significantly as trying to get two pumps of moisturiser to absorb in one go seemed to take me an eternity.

I hope I've helped....good luck with cutting the time down and getting a bit of your life back! :)

#5 Ssydniee

Ssydniee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

I've been on The Regimen for a few months now, and even though I can't say I'm 100% clear like (98% though :))I am 100% happier with my skin. This is what I do, because it just takes way too long to do it "properly" and my poor face honesty can't handle that much BP.
MORNING: Wash with cleanser, wait ten minutes, apply treatment ONLY to trouble areas, wait fifteen minutes, apply moisturizer.
NIGHT: Wash with cleanser, wait ten minutes, apply treatment, wait thirty minutes, apply moisturizer.

*I do not use the recommended amount of BP because Dan is not a dermatologist. A little amount of BP works just as well as a large amount. And the percentage doesn't matter. My derm told me this. Too much will dry your skin out and create acne.
I hope this helps :)

#6 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hey,
What I notice with people on the regimen is that they are scared to change slightly, I know the thought of acne returning to what it might of been before, I know the feeling, but what you mentioned above (#2,) is fine, if the morning application is a bit of a pain, try going on BP once a day, at night and see how your skin handles it, of course, as long as your skin is clear.
The regimen generally for me takes a long time at night, in the morning it's just a case of cleansing and moisturizing, but at night with BP, I always leave my skin for a good 30 mins before I move on.
My advice is, if you must use BP twice a day, use a little less BP in the morning, that should hopefully let you get away with letting it dry for 20 mins.

What I'm trying to say is, fit the regiment to you, don't force yourself to fit to the regimen Posted Image

Good luck

that's actually some of the best advice I've heard yet, thanks!

#7 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hey WS, 1.5 hours twice per day is quite a commitment! I'm not sure why its taking you that long to follow the steps but perhaps I can give you some tips. I'm assuming that you've slowly built up to applying the full dose of BP etc.

I can only speak from my own experience. I shower twice a day and cleanse in the shower. I get out, dry my face first and then dry the rest of myself off. By the time I've brushed my teeth, hair etc my face is dry (around 5-7 mins) enough to put on the treatment. I put on two pumps of BP and push it around my face for about 4-5 mins and then let the rest air dry. While air drying I usually get dressed, make my bed etc..which usually takes around 5 mins at which stage I then put on the moisturiser. To save time (because this DOES take ages) I do it in two stages. I put once pump on my face and rub it in completely (say 2 mins). Then i do a second pump and spread that around for about 3 mins and then let the rest air dry for another 3-5 mins while I get dressed So in total it takes (wait while I add it all up) 28 mins max. But during that time, I'm also brushing my teeth, making the bed, getting dressed etc, so its not like that whole half hour is dedicated purely to applying the regimen.

I'm luckier now that I'm clear and usually only apply the regimen once a day in the evening but I still occassionally put it on in the morning too before work if I feel like I'm starting to get bumps appear under my skin again.

So I'm not sure if what I do above is different to what you do but if we are doing the same, then I'm pretty certain that you are waiting far too long between stages which is eating up the time. Definitely applying the moisuriser in two stages cut down the time significantly as trying to get two pumps of moisturiser to absorb in one go seemed to take me an eternity.

I hope I've helped....good luck with cutting the time down and getting a bit of your life back! Posted Image

Thanks, it is a commitment, but it's so worth it when you look in the mirror and your skin looks amazing... I think you're right, i do wait way too long in between steps, basically just the BP and the moisturizer, because for the BP to dry mostly on my skin it takes 50 minutes! I use jojoba oil to help the moisturizer absorb faster, because without it, the moisturizer is a total nightmare. I am using 2 pumps of BP twice a day, I used to only use it once a day, and I would only apply a pea sized amount. I'm definitely looking for ways to improve this time gap in between them... Thanks for your input!

#8 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

I've been on The Regimen for a few months now, and even though I can't say I'm 100% clear like (98% though Posted Image)I am 100% happier with my skin. This is what I do, because it just takes way too long to do it "properly" and my poor face honesty can't handle that much BP.
MORNING: Wash with cleanser, wait ten minutes, apply treatment ONLY to trouble areas, wait fifteen minutes, apply moisturizer.
NIGHT: Wash with cleanser, wait ten minutes, apply treatment, wait thirty minutes, apply moisturizer.

*I do not use the recommended amount of BP because Dan is not a dermatologist. A little amount of BP works just as well as a large amount. And the percentage doesn't matter. My derm told me this. Too much will dry your skin out and create acne.
I hope this helps Posted Image

Oh, yeah, my skin can handle lots of BP, but I never put more than 2 pumps. I use 1 pump for the lower half of my face and 1 pump for my forehead & T-Zone. For me, the more BP the better, I think Dan could be a dermatologist, his method is the only method that's ever worked for me. I went directly from 0.1% to 2.5% BP, and I found that for me personally 2.5 works better. That's just me though. I'm just happy that I've found something that actually made my skin clear!