Photo

Girls

girlsshy nervous red marks time wasting red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 persononlinerandom

persononlinerandom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hi everybody, I just really needed to get this off my mind. Going about my everyday life I had been fine up until now. I wasn't thinking about girls or my acne that much but recently I'm thinking about both all the time! So for some reason I keep thinking about my future and meeting a beautiful girl and all that fantasy stuff. I think about the situation where I will meet that girl in the future and what she is doing right now...

The problem is that it I am thinking about it too much and now it is starting to affect my schoolwork a bit. I am doing well in school but I come home now to browse forums reading about relationships and stuff like that. But my real problem is that when I go out I see all of these really beautiful girls and I keep thinking about my red marks, I know there is no chance for me since they look so nice and I have these marks that wont go away for a long time (not sure how long, ppl say it could be 6m or more, i'm 17 right now). I get kinda sad but I'm not depressed, It just feels a bit better to get this out...

Does anybody have any advice for me... I know these marks will go away eventually but right now I'm wasting so much time thinking about this stuff. Any way to stop thinking about it so much or other advice?

#2 omarcomin

omarcomin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

You probably won't want to hear this but you have to try and forget about the red marks and get yourself out there. I know it's difficult when you've got low confidence and you can't stop thinking about acne/marks but if you never get yourself out there then it gets harder the longer you don't. I never put myself out there when i was your age, i just hid myself away waiting for my acne to go away. Now i'm in my mid twenties and i have no girlfriend and women are completley alien to me. . .i can't remember the last time i spoke to a girl. Plenty of people around your age have acne and still have girlfriends. Just talk to any girls you like and if they don't like you based solely on your marks then they are not worth it. If you don't get a girlfriend or don't have much success with girls at the moment then don't worry, you're 17! you've got plenty of time for all that.

#3 A damsel in Distress

A damsel in Distress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

AwwPosted Image Well I can assure you your redmarks are not going to make a difference. I'm not saying there arn't bitches out there who will be shallow enough to care, but I am saying, they are really not a big deal. When I didn't have acne they never bothered me on a guy, and now that I do have acne I care even less. I look at the guys personality, and (suprisingly) most girls do too. So don't be insecure! Posted Image But on the other hand, don't get too obsessed with having a relationship. Its not the end all end all. Take your time, and date girls who are worth it! Posted Image
Delightfully, Me Posted Image
They judge by the way we look, but what they dont get is...The covers not quite like the book

#4 jackigerh

jackigerh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

When I was 15 I had a crush for one guy that had a Jon Bon Jovi smile, and he was very nice too, so I swear I didn't even care about his pimples and he had A LOT on his beautiful jaw line and he still had a lot of girls hitting on him, plus he was your age at that time. It's strange, of course I could see the pimples but it was irrelevant compared to his charming.

I'm suffering with blemishes now and I think about it all the time too... but that's how it is, except for make-up and some crazy surgeries or miracles or whatever, that's how we look NOW, trying to get rid of it overnight will drive you very crazy. So, be patient. I mean, I know it's f*cking annoying, but I don't know what to do about it right now except praying to not get any pimples anymore and wait for the marks to go away.

And... y'know, I'm always in love with love, I have my crushes all the time dreaming that this guy will be the one then I get disappointed and so on and on, but if I don't have confidence to date someone now, it's "ok" Posted Image , as long as I'm doing what I can to get rid of my problem.

#5 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

hey mate, interesting thread

You gotta feel confortable under your own skin, under your body. You dont need anybody to be happy, you'll obviously have girls in the future.

Here's something, girls can smell insecurity and necessity (thats what you describe in your post) , if they realize you need them, women wont see you as a challenge. It doesnt matter if they're 15 or 50, girls are the same biologically. When girls say "personality is really important", they are right. Well, most of girls lie when they talk about what they find atractive in a man, but this is truth. However, its not about "being yourself"...bullshit. What they look in your personality is SECURITY. Security means you dont need a relationship to be happy, you're not desesperated, alpha male body language and of course, red marks wont stop you whatsoever.

I know how you feel man, what most bothers me are red marks aswell, its easy to give pieces of advices but not so easy to apply them. I recommend selfhypnosis audio's for security...its like a psichological treatment. I havent heard of english selfhypnosis audio's since my native language is spanish, but im sure "Mystery" have great ones.

At the same time, treat your acne, Dan's regimen is great, but remember the real cause of it is inside. Read Alternativista's threads, they are great and very helpful. Follow paleo diet, supplement with zinc, fish oil, go to the gym, sleep well and things are going to get better.

I hope this helped

Edited by Chestercool, 15 May 2012 - 10:12 PM.

My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! Posted Imagehttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.
-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade
-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence
-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out
- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"
Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

#6 typelogin

typelogin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

It's hard to give advice to a 17 year old. We've all been 17, and we can all tell you from experience that 17 year olds have lots of problems. There's never one issue that will solve all your problems. Sorry to be blunt, but it's true. And statistically, you won't become a regular member of these forums. Sorry, but also true.

anyways... WOW, you have already had 3 great responses from other members, and in all likelyhood will have more great responses.

My only advice is this: Bookmark this thread. Try your hardest to understand what the other members of this forum are posting about Emotional and psychological effects of acne. And use this thread for reference in a month, and then a year from now, to remind yourself where you were a month ago, and then a year ago, and where you have become. Will it get worst? Will it get better? Will you have learned something about acne or yourself along the way?

Think about it. Thinking helps.

#7 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

If it makes you feel any better, red marks only last 6 months to a year.

#8 persononlinerandom

persononlinerandom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

Thanks everyone I read all the posts. I have a different outlook after I read this and this other topic of which i forgot the name. I don't think about my skin having to clear up etc. Wish i could remember the name of the topic...

If it makes you feel any better, red marks only last 6 months to a year.

That does make me feel better! Although not as much as I would have felt if I read this straight after posting since I don't even pay attention to it now! Seriously I'm not making this up, I just go about my life as normal. Not thinking about that stuff, I'm no longer stressing over it, feeling much happier!

EDIT: This was the thread - http://www.acne.org/...e-through-acne/

Edited by persononlinerandom, 17 May 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#9 *Can*I*Live*

*Can*I*Live*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

...youll be alright
The name is a referance to a song from the Reasonable Doubt album. Incase you were wondering...

#10 lightersUP

lightersUP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

My simple advice. If redmarks are your only problem, invest in a good AHA cream and use it twice daily, morning and night. It will no doubt help fade your marks quicker than left untreated by exfoliating away the top layers of skin.

Oxy Maximum Face Wash

Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF15