dermabrasion subcision microdermabrasion tca aha alpha hydroxy acid

225 replies to this topic

#41 *Can*I*Live*

*Can*I*Live*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

have you noticed any change in the texture of the skin?

#42 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

have you noticed any change in the texture of the skin?

Actually...not really. It's kinda hard to tell because I had gone through two weeks-worth of microdermabrasions before I took the procedure and had been on Atralin and BP, so I don't exactly remember what my skin felt like.

Right now it feels...normal? Like normal...plump skin? I mean, I have naturally oily skin, but other than that, I dunno how to describe it.

#43 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

First of all, congratulations on your amazing results! I hope your response only get better from here.

Yeah, Doxycyclin was what he put me on. Tried it for ten days. Nothing at all changed, just stomachaches when I ate it without food (and he told me to eat it with food [but not with milk]).

Yeah, Doxycyclin made me sick too. It didn't matter if I took it with food or not. It still made me nauseous.

The BP has been working on everything but that one spot.

Glad the BP worked for you. I wouldn't even worry about that one spot. It's minor. I was imagining something much worse.

Do you think the tretinoin could be prolonging your redness? Mine lasted about 3 weeks and eventually turned brown, like a tan, in some areas. It wasn't too bad though, and faded pretty quickly because I was using HQ religiously before and after treatment. Are you using any kind of bleaching cream to minimize hyperpigmentation?

Your laser results are exciting to see. I will definitely be scheduling a consultation with your doctor.

#44 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

First of all, congratulations on your amazing results! I hope your response only get better from here.

Yeah, Doxycyclin was what he put me on. Tried it for ten days. Nothing at all changed, just stomachaches when I ate it without food (and he told me to eat it with food [but not with milk]).

Yeah, Doxycyclin made me sick too. It didn't matter if I took it with food or not. It still made me nauseous.

The BP has been working on everything but that one spot.

Glad the BP worked for you. I wouldn't even worry about that one spot. It's minor. I was imagining something much worse.

Do you think the tretinoin could be prolonging your redness? Mine lasted about 3 weeks and eventually turned brown, like a tan, in some areas. It wasn't too bad though, and faded pretty quickly because I was using HQ religiously before and after treatment. Are you using any kind of bleaching cream to minimize hyperpigmentation?

Your laser results are exciting to see. I will definitely be scheduling a consultation with your doctor.

Thanks for the kind words. I am a natural pessimist, so I am still waiting to see where this all plateaus, but I find it hard to disagree with what I've been seeing.

The tretinoin is almost definitely prolonging the redness. I've always gotten red from tretinoin, though it would usually pass in a day or so. I'm pretty sure the combination of the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and the Atralin is prolonging the redness.

I'm okay with redness, though. Redness is inherently temporary, and I've always been a somewhat pink-faced dude, anyway.

The only bleaching solution I am using is kojic acid. I am not entirely certain of what the underlying mechanism of HQ is, but kojic acid only shuts down melanin production. It doesn't have an actual bleaching effect by itself, so you have to actually wait for about a month or so, a full skin cycle, until you see any results, and even then it's apparently slower than other treatments. I can't use hydroquinone because I have a sulfite allergy.

And yeah, Dr. Rahimi is a pretty nice guy. Very easy to talk to, and he's always concerned about your comfort and safety before anything else.

Edited by DRaGZ, 29 May 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#45 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Are you satisfied with the results or are you going to improve them even more.

#46 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

I hope after 6 months, your skin will look amazing =)

#47 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Are you satisfied with the results or are you going to improve them even more.

Definitely going in for the touch-up. There is definitely room for improvement, and the touch-up is free, so why not?

I've been satisfied with the results so far, and Dr. Rahimi has been excellent, so I see no reason to pass up the free deal.

I'll probably go in for the touch-up at the end of July, after Comic-Con and my cousin's wedding.

#48 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

The only bleaching solution I am using is kojic acid. I am not entirely certain of what the underlying mechanism of HQ is, but kojic acid only shuts down melanin production. It doesn't have an actual bleaching effect by itself, so you have to actually wait for about a month or so, a full skin cycle, until you see any results, and even then it's apparently slower than other treatments. I can't use hydroquinone because I have a sulfite allergy.

I believe, Hydroquinone (HQ) works exactly the same way as kojic acid. It just works a little faster, and there are more risks of side effects.

And yeah, Dr. Rahimi is a pretty nice guy. Very easy to talk to, and he's always concerned about your comfort and safety before anything else.

I sent a message through his site. Hopefully, someone calls me soon.

What does Dr. Rahimi think of your progress so far?

#49 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

I believe, Hydroquinone (HQ) works exactly the same way as kojic acid. It just works a little faster, and there are more risks of side effects.

I sent a message through his site. Hopefully, someone calls me soon.

What does Dr. Rahimi think of your progress so far?

My last check-up was...1.5 weeks ago? He said my progress looked pretty normal and that my healing should continue over the next two months or so. I haven't really had much reason to contact him, since.

Also, I've updated the first post with day 1 post-op photos. ENJOY THE HORROR.

#50 needadviceplease

needadviceplease

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

This is really amazing!! =) I'm now seriously considering having this done as well. Your skin looks way better!! I have similar acne scarring to yours, and if it worked for you I think it will probably work for me. What did the doctor ask for when you went to see him? As in, what are the requirements to be seen by him and such?

#51 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

This is really amazing!! =) I'm now seriously considering having this done as well. Your skin looks way better!! I have similar acne scarring to yours, and if it worked for you I think it will probably work for me. What did the doctor ask for when you went to see him? As in, what are the requirements to be seen by him and such?

Uh...the requirements are that you call him. Haha.

Consultations are free. The price he quoted me for the entire procedure was $3000. However, he said the standard cost was actually $5000, and his website actually says $2500, so I don't know. $3000 is a little above average for Mixto around the country, about average for Beverly Hills.

Seriously, it's not like you need a secret code or something to contact him, he's available 6 days a week. He's just very dedicated to his job.

EDIT: Here's the link I used to get in touch with him:

http://www.foreveryoung.net/practice-appointment.html

And contact page:

http://www.foreveryoung.net/contact.html

Edited by DRaGZ, 29 May 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#52 needadviceplease

needadviceplease

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Consultations are free. The price he quoted me for the entire procedure was $3000. However, he said the standard cost was actually $5000, and his website actually says $2500, so I don't know. $3000 is a little above average for Mixto around the country, about average for Beverly Hills.

Seriously, it's not like you need a secret code or something to contact him, he's available 6 days a week. He's just very dedicated to his job.

Awesome =) I'll call him tomorrow. I hope it's not $5000... that's a lot. How much did it cost for the follow up care, or was it included in the 3k? Beverly Hills is really far from here so I need to plan this out really well. It's about a day and a half drive.

#53 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

Awesome =) I'll call him tomorrow. I hope it's not $5000... that's a lot. How much did it cost for the follow up care, or was it included in the 3k? Beverly Hills is really far from here so I need to plan this out really well. It's about a day and a half drive.

$3000 paid for the whole shebang. Pre-op treatments (in the form of two microdermabrasions), the op itself, post-op follow-up, and a touch-up down the line. He defines "touch-up" as just doing the same treatment again, except only in the problem areas instead of the entire face. The downtime from a follow-up is apparently the same as a regular procedure, so it's essentially like doing the full Mixto again, just not everywhere.

If you really live that far, I'm...not so sure it would be the wisest decision to go to Dr. Rahimi. You really should be able to access your doctor for a while after the procedure, especially since Dr. Rahimi wants to see you for a check-up several times up until around the three week mark. I'm sure he'll be willing to accomodate you, but my guess is that he'll tell you the same.

There are tons of good doctors out there, Dr. Rahimi is not the only one.

#54 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Posts removed. Please report spammers, do not reply to them. It only makes our jobs harder. Thanks to the member who reported it!

#55 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

My last check-up was...1.5 weeks ago? He said my progress looked pretty normal and that my healing should continue over the next two months or so. I haven't really had much reason to contact him, since.

That's not horror! I was expecting to click over to a bloody mess. Wow, that's day one, post-op? After Deep FX, I looked like I ate pavement at high speed on both sides of my face. It was horrendous! I couldn't look in the mirror, much less take a picture of myself.

Why are you guys duplicating the spam bot? I reported the post.

#56 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

That's not horror! I was expecting to click over to a bloody mess. Wow, that's day one, post-op? After Deep FX, I looked like I ate pavement at high speed on both sides of my face. It was horrendous! I couldn't look in the mirror, much less take a picture of myself.

Why are you guys duplicating the spam bot? I reported the post.

I don't remember exactly what happened right after the surgery, since I was still drowsy from the meds (I couldn't even get up by myself), but Rahimi said he cleaned me up to prevent me from being too bloody. I dunno if that contributed or not, but I definitely did bleed...at one point...the stains on my surgical gown were proof enough, haha.

#57 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

I don't remember exactly what happened right after the surgery, since I was still drowsy from the meds (I couldn't even get up by myself), but Rahimi said he cleaned me up to prevent me from being too bloody. I dunno if that contributed or not, but I definitely did bleed...at one point...the stains on my surgical gown were proof enough, haha.

That's interesting. With Deep FX, my bleeding started about 2 hours after the procedure. I looked similar to collegeboy84's post-op pics with blood oozing from pores throughout the night.
Now, this is HORROR:
http://www.acne.org/...s/#entry3248493

Did mixto cause any kind of deep bleeding that slowly surfaced?

#58 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

That's interesting. With Deep FX, my bleeding started about 2 hours after the procedure. I looked similar to collegeboy84's post-op pics with blood oozing from pores throughout the night.
Now, this is HORROR:
http://www.acne.org/...s/#entry3248493

Did mixto cause any kind of deep bleeding that slowly surfaced?

Bleeding DID surface for about two-three days afterward (I don't remember exactly how long), but I washed my face and applied a new layer of Aquaphor every four hours. That picture was taken right after I put on a new layer, I think.

There was a scab on my upper left temple that left a very noticeable red mark, if I had any complaints about this procedure, that might be the only thing.

#59 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Bleeding DID surface for about two-three days afterward (I don't remember exactly how long), but I washed my face and applied a new layer of Aquaphor every four hours. That picture was taken right after I put on a new layer, I think.

There was a scab on my upper left temple that left a very noticeable red mark, if I had any complaints about this procedure, that might be the only thing.

Thank you, DRaGZ. I really appreciate the time you've taken to answer my questions. I am trying to learn as much as possible about Mixto. While these details may seem slightly morbid, I am curious because I'm seriously considering the procedure. Looking at your post-op photos, I see post-inflammatory redness & swelling but don't see skin trauma. Following Deep FX, I would wash my face, and it still looked like someone had taken a meat tenderizer to my cheeks.

Edited by TokyoGirl, 29 May 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#60 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

No problem, I don't mind answering questions.

One of the things I found lacking on the Internet in general when looking for information was solid step-by-step results, including all the gory details, so I want to put up as much information as I can out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users