dermabrasion subcision microdermabrasion tca aha alpha hydroxy acid

225 replies to this topic

#221 NUman

NUman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hey mate, congratulations, the results look stunning!

I was wondering if you could update us on the current texture and feel of your skin? It would help so very much. Thank you.

#222 Carl1026

Carl1026

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi, I am considering doing the mixto laser and honestly I am terrified but at the same time hopeful and somewhat excited when I see results like yours I just get super excited. But I wanted to ask did you experience any PIH and if so how long did it last? Honestly the only thing hindering my decision at this point is PIH because I'm terrified of it. Your results are so awesome an.d I want to get resurfacing myself but my fear is getting in the way

#223 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

PIH can be significant depending your your skin type.  If you are Asian / Hispanic or darker, I think hyperpigmentation is almost guaranteed after c02 fractional lasers.  That's just something you have to accept if you are going to go that route.  That said, hyperpigmentation almost always resolves, although it can be VERY stubborn and hang around for MONTHS.  With me, my dermatologist told me he went pretty aggressive with several passes.  

#224 Carl1026

Carl1026

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

PIH can be significant depending your your skin type.  If you are Asian / Hispanic or darker, I think hyperpigmentation is almost guaranteed after c02 fractional lasers.  That's just something you have to accept if you are going to go that route.  That said, hyperpigmentation almost always resolves, although it can be VERY stubborn and hang around for MONTHS.  With me, my dermatologist told me he went pretty aggressive with several passes.  

But did you experience a lot of PIH and if so did it resolve quickly for you? Because in your pictures it looks like all went well and your skin looks fantastic!

#225 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

Carl, I'm not the guy the guy that started the thread.  I just also happen to be Asian and had c02 fractional lasers to my cheeks.  And yes, in my case the PIH did hang around for a long time, though I will say that I was a little careless on a few occasions with being exposed to sun and not being consistent with hydroquinone and retin a post procedure.

#226 testytest

testytest

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hi there, I'm about to do Fractional CO2 and I also have asian skin.  I was wondering, did the doctor do the Subcision as your face was still raw from the CO2 resurfacing or was it a bit later?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users