low carb low glycemic

5 replies to this topic

#1 serrelind

serrelind

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:fitness, nutrition, running, reading, computer gaming, driving, fashion, movies

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:08 AM

Hi all. A little intro. I have had moderate acne since I was 12. I'm 27 now. When I was 12-20, I mostly had red bumps, mixed with some cysts, blackheads, and always a lot of whiteheads. From 20-25 I mostly had red bumps and lots of whiteheads still. Two years ago, I started taking the pill for birth control (OrthoTri). I was about 75% clear from the Pill. A year ago I add low carbing to lose a few pounds. I ate very low glycemic food for a whole year. I lost 15 pounds and I got to 90% clear. What still remains is lots of whiteheads, some small, some large ones and would sometimes become inflammed and become a cyst, normally around my period or when I ate sugar and refined food. I knew in the back of my mind sugar and processed food is what is causing the problem for me. I am now going to give my diet an huge overhaul. Even though I'm mostly clear from eating a lowcarb diet, I want so badly to get rid of these whiteheads that have been with me for so long and they are getting worse and worse, especially when I eat sugar, refined, or processed food. So I'm cutting those things (processed food) out of my menu. The only things I am allowing are moderate to low glycemic veggies and fruits and some chicken, fish, and eggs. After my skin gets close to 100% clear, I want to get off the Pill because I don't think it's good for my body to take a synthetic hormone. I truly believe lifestyle has an enormous influence on hormones which influences the skin. Since I started eating lots of veggies, fruits, nuts, and some meat and eggs 4 days ago, I have noticed a change in my skin. My skin looks radiant today!! The whiteheads (I got lots of them on chin, nose) are disappearing!!! There are some left but about 40% are gone. I know 4 days is too soon to tell if it's due to my diet, but I will keep you guys updated! If I could beat this thing, it would make me sooooo happy!

This is what I look like in normal day light today: http://serrelind.net...ormal_light.jpg

This is what I look like in bright sunlight today: http://serrelind.net...ew/sunlight.jpg

#2 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:Online games,tv,women and sex

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:34 AM

Your joking right?,your skin looks perfect!

To add to that,your really cute smile.gif
Life is all about living!

#3 stoneman

stoneman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:39 PM

That doesn't even look like mild acne. Mines a lot worse than that. Your skin looks perfect. I can;t see any damage, no scars, nothing. Are you sure that you've had acne since you were 12? Cos from those pics it doesn't look like it.

#4 serrelind

serrelind

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:fitness, nutrition, running, reading, computer gaming, driving, fashion, movies

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:30 PM

Yes. As I said I was at 90% clear due to the Pill and cutting out the white food (potato, rice, pasta, bread). After 4 days of eating no processed food at all, the whiteheads on my chin and nose are slowly going away. If you look at my chin closely in the pic in sunlight you will see a few speckles of whiteheads. It's been an embarrassing problem for me. I hope it goes away because I've been dealing with it for sooo long! Hopefully cutting out all processed food and dairy will do the trick to get me close to 100% clear!

#5 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(serrelind @ Sep 26 2004, 04:30 PM)
Yes. As I said I was at 90% clear due to the Pill and cutting out the white food (potato, rice, pasta, bread). After 4 days of eating no processed food at all, the whiteheads on my chin and nose are slowly going away. If you look at my chin closely in the pic in sunlight you will see a few speckles of whiteheads. It's been an embarrassing problem for me. I hope it goes away because I've been dealing with it for sooo long!  Hopefully cutting out all processed food and dairy will do the trick to get me close to 100% clear!

View Post

Sometimes I wonder if women end up with better looking skin because we act on our skin faster than males do. Not to mention, we tend to use anti-aging ingredients in our skin care, that males usually don't have in there's. Oh well, I've seen men with acne or with scars that were beyond hot to me so it's all good. Anyway definately stay away from those refined sugars (sugar, cane sugar, corn syrup, etc) as that will also give me those whitehead or pustule type of acne too. If you are craving sweets try fruits, dried fruits, and stuff sweetened with xylitol. To help whenever you may stray or to just make things "easier" I've heard and read the studies where R-ALA, NAC, & Chromium GTF are good at balancing blood sugar levels (take before or during your meal).

Hope that helps =)
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#6 Guest_Captain Chaos_*

Guest_Captain Chaos_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:18 AM

You've got no acne! Your skin looks great..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users