Photo

Happy Birthday To Meee! Time For Accutaneee!

makeup

This topic is archived.
510 replies to this topic

#41 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:cooking, nutrition, exercise, being awesome!

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Day 2

Only taken 2 pills total so far. Taking another 20 mg pill tonight. My skin actually felt a bit more dry today, but nothing major yet. Probably placebo effect. Haha I took some photos to compare with 2 days ago, and whooopdeedooo...it's still the same!

I do feel a bit more fatigued today, but that could just be from school stress. I had some organic coffee with raw honey (YUM!) for the first time in a LONG time and it is helping me work through this PowerPoint presentation I'm creating. I have a big thesis practice presentation next Tuesday, and I'm only like 50% done with it so far. Rawrrr!!!

There are so many bumps everywhere, and too many cysts to count, lots of hyperpigmentation. I'm praying that I don't get bad scars. Almost all of these breakouts are from taking Bactrim and using Tazorac cream for 3 months. Before that stuff, my acne was never this bad. Also, I hope the Ortho-Tri-Cyclen starts to improve my skin since I've been taking it for a little over a month. Overall, I dislike this birth control stuff and I'll be glad to get off of it when my treatment is over. It makes me generally nauseous in the afternoon.

Trying to let my skin breath today by not wearing ANY powder on my face. I don't even care if it looks bad because I know it's going to get better.

Congratulations Ginanutrition!

I love your story - you definitely gave the acne fight your all! I've talked with you a bit on someone else's post but decided today to read your actual story. I'm so glad to hear that someone so educated in the world of natural medicine still made the choice to try Accutane. I certainly don't have your knowledge or degrees (mine's in elementary education) but over the course of being a mom for almost 20 years, I have become more and more nutritional educated on my own. I just bought my first bag of quinoa the other day because I keep finding recipes that call for it - haven't ventured to make anything yet because I'm not sure my family will be accepting but they are used to trying all of "mom's healthy stuff" when I experiment, so we'll see.

I am so excited for you that you've begun taking the medicine. I am also on 40 mg a day and I'm on day 18. One good thing I've been enjoying is not having to blot my greasy face a million times a day, it's sooooooooooo weird but so good. Good luck!!

Awwww, thanks Tiger! You can just say your degree is in Momology. Haha! Seriously, I think being a Mom is really hard, and I do look forward to it. A lot of it is making sure your family eats and grows well, so I'm happy to hear that you've taught yourself a lot about nutrition. :) Quinoa is SO delicious! I even eat it for breakfast sometimes. I'll take some leftover cooked quinoa from the fridge and either eat it cold with almond milk, almond butter, cinnamon, banana or other fruit, or I'll heat it up in the winter and eat it like oatmeal. YUM!

The interesting thing about natural medicine and Accutane is that several of my nutrition colleagues have taken this medicine because nothing else worked. They all have beautiful skin now. That small parcel of information keeps me motivated.

The weird thing about my skin is that although it's covered with acne, it's actually not super oily. It used to be INSANELY oily a few years ago and I was blotting 2-3 times a day, but now, I never blot. If anything, I have to keep it moisturized with oil-free moisturizers or else it gets peely and gross. For the most part, I am able to go to bed just washing my face with Cerave hydrating face wash and not moisturize. I usually wake up oily. I hope that part changes...

I just worked out at the gym and am now enjoying a smoothie! After my shower, I used Olay spf 15 sensitive skin, and it actually felt a lot nicer than my more expensive Boscia spf 15. Starting to think that more expensive moisturizers are kind of pointless...

Day 2

Only taken 2 pills total so far. Taking another 20 mg pill tonight. My skin actually felt a bit more dry today, but nothing major yet. Probably placebo effect. Haha I took some photos to compare with 2 days ago, and whooopdeedooo...it's still the same!

I do feel a bit more fatigued today, but that could just be from school stress. I had some organic coffee with raw honey (YUM!) for the first time in a LONG time and it is helping me work through this PowerPoint presentation I'm creating. I have a big thesis practice presentation next Tuesday, and I'm only like 50% done with it so far. Rawrrr!!!

There are so many bumps everywhere, and too many cysts to count, lots of hyperpigmentation. I'm praying that I don't get bad scars. Almost all of these breakouts are from taking Bactrim and using Tazorac cream for 3 months. Before that stuff, my acne was never this bad. Also, I hope the Ortho-Tri-Cyclen starts to improve my skin since I've been taking it for a little over a month. Overall, I dislike this birth control stuff and I'll be glad to get off of it when my treatment is over. It makes me generally nauseous in the afternoon.

Trying to let my skin breath today by not wearing ANY powder on my face. I don't even care if it looks bad because I know it's going to get better.

I started getting a bit of fatigue early on, but luckily it went away after a few days. Hopefully yours does the same, if it happens to be from the pills! This might be some sort of silver lining: since the Bactrim had already given you a crazy breakout, it could be possible that your IB this time will either be very light or non-existent, since most of your existing acne under the skin has been pushed out? Just an educated guess Posted Image

Good luck on your presentation! I definitely don't miss giving those!

Thanks, Lily! Yeah, presentations suck, especially when you're trying not to think about people looking at your skin. I will just wow them with my wit and intellect. I had this Cell Biology professor once who was physically deformed. Like he literally did not walk normally and had to wear different height shoes because of his skeletal deformity. Yet he was the funniest, smartest, most humble professor I've ever had. He made everything super interesting and made you think. It made me feel more comfortable about any physical weirdness, because he did such a great job of focusing on other aspects of himself that people had no room to even make comments about his body.

That's good to know about the fatigue. Exercising definitely gave me more energy today, but I also know I should take it easy this first week as my body is adjusting. I am praying that my acne doesn't explode even more. My derm said I had a "sudden onset of severe nodulocystic acne," or "acne fulminans." It happened after we traveled to London and Italy, so we thought there may have been some bacterial upset. She wasn't sure though. Whatever the hell this is, I just hope Accutane zaps it.

28 years young female nutrition ninja

blah blah acne forever. let's kick it in the nutz, accutane.

Barlean's omega 3-6-9 swirl, probiotics, Thorne liver support, vitamin D

Started Claravis May 16, 2012

Month 1: 40 mg
Month 2: 60 mg

Month 3: 60 mg

Month 4: 60 mg

Month 5: 60 mg

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy

#42 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Day 4

I don't want to jinx this, but my cheeks are actually starting to feel less bumpy today! I hope it continues and I don't get an initial breakout because I was already broken out when I started this medicine. I'm wondering if the anti-inflammatory effects are already kicking in? I have this terrible cyst on my right lower chin/cheek that has gone down A BIT, but not flattened completely. Other cysts on the jawline, neck, and one on the forehead are still there of course.

My eyes were a bit red because I already have dry eyes, so I've been putting lubricating drops in a lot and it seems to help. My lips aren't more dry than normal today, and I was actually pretty oily today (both skin and hair). I had to shower TWICE because I felt so gross, so I'm wondering when the dryness will start. I even washed my face with Cerave Foaming face wash at night because it got all the oiliness, powder, and sunscreen off really well. I love Cerave. :)

I cut my hands pretty easily while making some crafty stuff with friends for a film we were making. It was really odd since I don't cut easily. Then I cut my finger on those STOOOOOPID pill boxes as I was taking all of the pills out and putting into an old Vitamin A supplement container. Haha I thought it would be funny to make myself feel like I'm just taking a supplement. I even made it happy looking by wrapping bright blue tape around the bottle so it looks totally happy + ghetto. Hooray for no longer having to punch each pill out everyday with the weird ex-ed out preggo lady.

I'm also experimenting eating more foods since I'm less afraid they're going to break me out. I ate some goat yogurt because I don't do well with cow's milk products, and so far, so good! I know some people might think goat yogurt is weird, but it's sooooo good when it's the only yogurt you can have. I had it with fresh strawberries and raspberries. Yum!

Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy

#43 ragerx

ragerx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

haha our first weeks are almost identical i was pretty oily my first week too but my dryness didn't start until the beginning of this week (2nd week), my lips are really dry, so far no break out though hope it continues!

Edited by ragerx, 20 May 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#44 Tiger 1

Tiger 1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:fitness, reading, champagne and being a super mom

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Day 4

I don't want to jinx this, but my cheeks are actually starting to feel less bumpy today! I hope it continues and I don't get an initial breakout because I was already broken out when I started this medicine. I'm wondering if the anti-inflammatory effects are already kicking in? I have this terrible cyst on my right lower chin/cheek that has gone down A BIT, but not flattened completely. Other cysts on the jawline, neck, and one on the forehead are still there of course.

My eyes were a bit red because I already have dry eyes, so I've been putting lubricating drops in a lot and it seems to help. My lips aren't more dry than normal today, and I was actually pretty oily today (both skin and hair). I had to shower TWICE because I felt so gross, so I'm wondering when the dryness will start. I even washed my face with Cerave Foaming face wash at night because it got all the oiliness, powder, and sunscreen off really well. I love Cerave. Posted Image

I cut my hands pretty easily while making some crafty stuff with friends for a film we were making. It was really odd since I don't cut easily. Then I cut my finger on those STOOOOOPID pill boxes as I was taking all of the pills out and putting into an old Vitamin A supplement container. Haha I thought it would be funny to make myself feel like I'm just taking a supplement. I even made it happy looking by wrapping bright blue tape around the bottle so it looks totally happy + ghetto. Hooray for no longer having to punch each pill out everyday with the weird ex-ed out preggo lady.

I'm also experimenting eating more foods since I'm less afraid they're going to break me out. I ate some goat yogurt because I don't do well with cow's milk products, and so far, so good! I know some people might think goat yogurt is weird, but it's sooooo good when it's the only yogurt you can have. I had it with fresh strawberries and raspberries. Yum!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Posted Image

Hi Ginanutrition ninja girl! :)

I am so glad you are feeling like the medicine is clearing you up! I am still struggling with breaking out but all things considered it could be worse. I have two healing cysts that of course I had to pop and they turned into icky little wounds and are taking forever to heal. We went to a soccer party for my son yesterday and I was so self concious of my poor little chin, all the other mommies have gorgeous skin, it sucks. Halfway through the party I had to do some repair in the bathroom and one of them started to bleed and I was in a total panic! But I did some deep breathing and got through it. People who have never had acne would never understand, it is so horrible. But as I told Betsy and Taylor, my son was awarded by his teammates the Sportsmanship award so that's what really mattered and it was awesome. Take that acne, you don't own my happiness!!

I feel like I got a little oilier when I first started too. I'm not overly dry on my face now but definitely dryer than I ever have been which is really nice. I don't have to blot my face a million times a day which is awesome. Sometimes I would be busy and not blot enough and my face would actually look wet - ewwwww! Glad to have that gone for now.

I love your pill box story! I'm actually sticking with the dumb boxes because I get so much satisfaction ripping that stupid picture off the pill and then I really love it when I finish a box and get to throw it in the trash - sooooooo satisfying. We all have our coping mechanisms, ha, ha!

I've never had goat yogurt but when my son was little I was concerned he had a milk allergy so I fed him goat's milk instead for a while. He loved it. :) I'm glad you're doing well for now - I hope your oil dries up soon. I love reading your posts because you have such a positive attitude and it makes me feel better and more positive, so thanks!

#45 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Day 4

My eyes were a bit red because I already have dry eyes, so I've been putting lubricating drops in a lot and it seems to help. My lips aren't more dry than normal today, and I was actually pretty oily today (both skin and hair). I had to shower TWICE because I felt so gross, so I'm wondering when the dryness will start. I even washed my face with Cerave Foaming face wash at night because it got all the oiliness, powder, and sunscreen off really well. I love Cerave. Posted Image

Hi Ginanutrition ninja girl! Posted Image

I am so glad you are feeling like the medicine is clearing you up! I am still struggling with breaking out but all things considered it could be worse. I have two healing cysts that of course I had to pop and they turned into icky little wounds and are taking forever to heal. We went to a soccer party for my son yesterday and I was so self concious of my poor little chin, all the other mommies have gorgeous skin, it sucks. Halfway through the party I had to do some repair in the bathroom and one of them started to bleed and I was in a total panic! But I did some deep breathing and got through it. People who have never had acne would never understand, it is so horrible. But as I told Betsy and Taylor, my son was awarded by his teammates the Sportsmanship award so that's what really mattered and it was awesome. Take that acne, you don't own my happiness!!

I feel like I got a little oilier when I first started too. I'm not overly dry on my face now but definitely dryer than I ever have been which is really nice. I don't have to blot my face a million times a day which is awesome. Sometimes I would be busy and not blot enough and my face would actually look wet - ewwwww! Glad to have that gone for now.

I love your pill box story! I'm actually sticking with the dumb boxes because I get so much satisfaction ripping that stupid picture off the pill and then I really love it when I finish a box and get to throw it in the trash - sooooooo satisfying. We all have our coping mechanisms, ha, ha!

I've never had goat yogurt but when my son was little I was concerned he had a milk allergy so I fed him goat's milk instead for a while. He loved it. Posted Image I'm glad you're doing well for now - I hope your oil dries up soon. I love reading your posts because you have such a positive attitude and it makes me feel better and more positive, so thanks!

Hey Tiger! Aww, you are so sweet. :) I was actually a lot more down on myself this past year before I finally took the accutane plunge. Taking this medicine has greatly improved my attitude.

I actually *almost* kept all the boxes intact so I could throw away each one with a sense of completion, like you. But I'm a really impatient person and I hated spending each morning and evening cooking and then trying to bust out one pill. I'm a lot happier on a day to day basis taking pills out of my happy blue bottle. Haha

That sucks about having to perform some damage control in the bathroom on your healing cysts. :( Is there a particular reason you popped them? Did they have pus and needed to be drained? I had to make a rule for myself to only drain pimples and cysts if they popped during washing my face. As in, the pus has to already be coming out for me to lightly press a clean tissue around the skin to drain the contents. Then I apply Polysporin. It's friggin' gross, but I find scabbing and scarring aren't as bad that way. I still have cysts that continue to refill even after draining. That's been, the most frustrating part about my acne. It is very deep, so I feel your pain. It gives me great satisfaction to read on the Accutane box: "For severe cystic (nodular) acne that is recalcitrant towards other therapies, including antibiotics." I read that and go, "YEAH, BUDDY! That's what I got and that's why I'm taking this!" Hahaha In a weird way, this medicine feels so much better than antibiotics--those reallllyyyyy hurt my stomach.

Day 5

Seriously, tons of the smaller pimples on my cheeks have gone down. My face is beginning to have a pink tint, and my face is definitely drier today. I'm hoping to stay on 40 mg as of right now, because no major side effects except a bit of fatigue, but nothing good rest, home cooked meals, green tea, and occasional coffee (1-3 times a week) can't fix. :) I had a fantastic work out at the gym today and was very productive overall. I don't feel like this medicine has interfered with my life (yet)...

My current skincare regimen is:

AM
Cerave Hydrating Face Wash
Boscia oil-free spf 15, sometimes Oil of Olay Spf 15 sensitive skin
Physician's Formula talc-free mineral powder

PM
Cerave Foaming Face Wash
Boscia oil-free nightly hydrator
Polysporin on any broken skin or popped spots

A prayer and a smile before bed! Let's hope I don't have an IB. So far, so good!

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy

#46 Sethy

Sethy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hi :) Good luck to you with accutane! How are you liking the Boscia so far?

#47 Tiger 1

Tiger 1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:fitness, reading, champagne and being a super mom

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

Day 4

Hi Ginanutrition ninja girl! Posted Image

I've never had goat yogurt but when my son was little I was concerned he had a milk allergy so I fed him goat's milk instead for a while. He loved it. Posted Image I'm glad you're doing well for now - I hope your oil dries up soon. I love reading your posts because you have such a positive attitude and it makes me feel better and more positive, so thanks!

Hey Tiger! Aww, you are so sweet. Posted Image I was actually a lot more down on myself this past year before I finally took the accutane plunge. Taking this medicine has greatly improved my attitude.

I actually *almost* kept all the boxes intact so I could throw away each one with a sense of completion, like you. But I'm a really impatient person and I hated spending each morning and evening cooking and then trying to bust out one pill. I'm a lot happier on a day to day basis taking pills out of my happy blue bottle. Haha

That sucks about having to perform some damage control in the bathroom on your healing cysts. Posted Image Is there a particular reason you popped them? Did they have pus and needed to be drained? I had to make a rule for myself to only drain pimples and cysts if they popped during washing my face. As in, the pus has to already be coming out for me to lightly press a clean tissue around the skin to drain the contents. Then I apply Polysporin. It's friggin' gross, but I find scabbing and scarring aren't as bad that way. I still have cysts that continue to refill even after draining. That's been, the most frustrating part about my acne. It is very deep, so I feel your pain. It gives me great satisfaction to read on the Accutane box: "For severe cystic (nodular) acne that is recalcitrant towards other therapies, including antibiotics." I read that and go, "YEAH, BUDDY! That's what I got and that's why I'm taking this!" Hahaha In a weird way, this medicine feels so much better than antibiotics--those reallllyyyyy hurt my stomach.

Day 5

Seriously, tons of the smaller pimples on my cheeks have gone down. My face is beginning to have a pink tint, and my face is definitely drier today. I'm hoping to stay on 40 mg as of right now, because no major side effects except a bit of fatigue, but nothing good rest, home cooked meals, green tea, and occasional coffee (1-3 times a week) can't fix. Posted Image I had a fantastic work out at the gym today and was very productive overall. I don't feel like this medicine has interfered with my life (yet)...

My current skincare regimen is:

AM
Cerave Hydrating Face Wash
Boscia oil-free spf 15, sometimes Oil of Olay Spf 15 sensitive skin
Physician's Formula talc-free mineral powder

PM
Cerave Foaming Face Wash
Boscia oil-free nightly hydrator
Polysporin on any broken skin or popped spots

A prayer and a smile before bed! Let's hope I don't have an IB. So far, so good!

You have more willpower than me, that's for sure! One of my healers I tried excavating before it was ready because I basically just gave in to my frustration and the pain of it was making me nuts. The other one went on it's own and of course is healing faster. I am a very patient person but I just cannot seem to control keeping my hands off myface. I'll keep trying though!

I'm glad to hear you're still doing great. I will keep hoping you skip the IB, it truly sucks!

I also saw the description on the box about it being for severe nodular/cystic acne that is recalcitrant - that's me too! I know it's going to work, it's just going to take time. It will be so much better once the breaking out stops. Keep taking such good care of yourself, that totally makes a difference.

#48 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Glad to hear things are going well so far. Fingers crossed it all keeps getting better and better. :)

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#49 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hi Posted Image Good luck to you with accutane! How are you liking the Boscia so far?

LOVE BOSCIA! Very gentle, non-irritating, clean, feels good, non-oily. I tried all those Cerave and Cetaphil products and they were just wayyy too greasy for me. I also tried natural moisturizers and all the oils were too greasy as well and broke me out. Boscia has natural ingredients and anti-irritants. They are made in Japan using special technology that keeps all the products free from contamination, so they don't have to use preservatives. They're expensive, but worth it to me.

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy

#50 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

EMBARRASSING PHOTO UPDATE TIME!!! omg ahhhhhh

Day 6. First 2 photos were taken this morning and the last 2 were taken at the start of my treatment. Lots of bumps have disappeared, despite still having cysts. Looaadddss of hyper-pigmentation, but hoping that will fade with time. Also can see the slight pink tint to my skin. I'm just really happy with some stuff going down so far. The difference might not be apparent to others, but I feel the difference when I wash my face. Skin is a lot smoother!

Hope you're all doing well.

Attached Thumbnails

• 120521-080414.jpg
  • 120521-080359.jpg
  • 120517-135743.jpg
  • 120517-135724.jpg

Edited by ginanutrition, 21 May 2012 - 09:28 AM.

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy

#51 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hey girl! You look smoother!! Thats amazing news!! I see that things are flattening out and getting pinker instead of redder! Woohooo

#52 veruca salt

veruca salt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Gina your skin is looking noticeably better after less than a week! That's awesome news! :D Glad you're getting such fast and amazing results!

My log : http://www.acne.org/...king-acnes-ass/

Month 1 (May 2012)- 20mg
Month 2 - 40mg
Month 3 - 60mg
Month 4 - 60mg
Month 5 - 60mg
Month 6 - 60mg

#53 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Thanks, friends!!! Seriously! I didn't think it would happen so quick. I'm getting to that point of being pissed I didn't do this sooner!!!!!

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy

#54 ninalina

ninalina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Reading your story definitely puts everything in perspective considering everything you went through and i wish you lots of luck! and that's exactly what i was thinking, about doing it earlier. I look at pictures from last summer and i was perfectly clear, i knew i should've started accutane in the winter when it got bad aaghh. oh well we're on it now thats all that matters

Month 1: 40 mg a day

Month 2: 60 mg a day

Month 3: ?

Month 4: ?

Month 5: ?

#55 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Reading your story definitely puts everything in perspective considering everything you went through and i wish you lots of luck! and that's exactly what i was thinking, about doing it earlier. I look at pictures from last summer and i was perfectly clear, i knew i should've started accutane in the winter when it got bad aaghh. oh well we're on it now thats all that matters

Awww, thank you!!! That means a lot to me. :) I'm sure you went through the same problem of reading waaayyy too many side effects and scary things on the internet. I stopped looking at all the negative stuff and started asking my friends in real life. Many of them have had great success on this medicine. It does suck when you realize you could have started sooner, but I know I wasn't psychologically ready for it. I was in a lot of denial.

Now I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

How far along in your course are you, Nina? Have you seen improvement?

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy

#56 veruca salt

veruca salt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

I know several friends who have admitted to going on Accutane (they just said it as part of a normal conversation; I've never flat out asked anyone), and all of them have absolutely flawless skin. Not a single one mentioned anything about how awful the side effects were :)

My log : http://www.acne.org/...king-acnes-ass/

Month 1 (May 2012)- 20mg
Month 2 - 40mg
Month 3 - 60mg
Month 4 - 60mg
Month 5 - 60mg
Month 6 - 60mg

#57 JeffCash

JeffCash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

You're skin is already starting to look better! I'm definitely glad another person on this forum is starting Accutane the same time I am, so we can compare! :D

I definitely know what you mean about your face having a pink tint to it. My face doesn't match the rest of my body now either haha. I tried using Cerave lotion for the first time this morning... it felt alright. I got up and looked at the mirror a few minutes later and my face was red as tomato! I washed off the lotion then and tried Gold Bond lotion instead. It felt a lot better and didn't leave my face as greasy, I also noticed it didn't make my face as red.

I'm planning on trying some Aveeno products soon for moisture. Does anyone have any experience on these two brands?

#58 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Wow, your skin is already starting to heal! That is so awesome. You'll be clear in no time! :)

23 year old Female, 133 pounds

Light/Moderate Acne

Previous 'Tane treatment May '09 - July '09

Claravis 80mg/day

Start date: March 28, 2012

Month 1 - April : 60mg/day

Month 2 - May : 60mg/day

Month 3 - June : 80mg/day

Month 4 - July : 80mg/day

Month 5 - August : 80mg/day

Month 6 - September : 80mg/day

Finished September 28, 2012!! Posted Image

My Accutane Log

#59 redhead rachel

redhead rachel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Your skin is definitely looking better, Gina! Hooray for some fast results! Now let's hope it stays that way and you continue to clear up without an IB!
Accutane Log
Month 1: May - 40mg
Month 2: June - 40mg
Month 3: July - 40mg
Month 4: August - 40mg
Month 5: September - 40mg

#60 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Thanks, guys!!! I'm starting to think this is the miracle medicine everyone keeps talking about. I hope we all continue to get better and ninja blast this stuff from our lives!!!!

Jeff: yeah, the Cerave lotion made my face turn SO RED. I was horrified. It BURNED, and this was even before Accutane. I just can't use it. I can use their face washes, but not the moisturizers for some reason.

Even my fiance said he noticed the difference after a few days, and it looks better with mineral makeup of course. He even calls them "your magic pills." Hahaha he's so cute...it made me laugh. I know my skin is far from perfect, but at least I'm already in less pain with less whiteheads. It was just the boost of confidence I needed for this week because I have a big presentation tomorrow. :)

Eyes are definitely drier than my skin. I have to use lubricating drops like 10 times a day. I was even itching my eyes. I have to watch out for this. I've just been using the pharmacy lubricating drops...I think Mild? Maybe I should get the intensive ones? Any suggestions?

Ending October 18, 2012

link to my loggy