Free Personalized Advice
 Take the Quiz »
x
Photo

Happy Birthday To Meee! Time For Accutaneee!

makeup

This topic is archived.
510 replies to this topic

#501 lila19

lila19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Wow, you really beat the hell out of your acne! Well done! =D

#502 jennyband

jennyband

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

you look GORGEOUS. well done love, accutane is a total BOSS. x

#503 pr1nc355

pr1nc355

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Your skin looks amazing!! Well done for sticking with it, dispite hell you went through!! You inspire me to keep going, Thank you for all the posts. <3

#504 Waseem Abbas

Waseem Abbas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Incredible results.. Your skin looks amazing now. Hope it wont come back.. Go acne Go.!!!

#505 maggie64

maggie64

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

One thing that's bothering me....are these lip zits or something else? My derm mentioned cold sores, but I think they're pimples. Actually, I don't know and now I"m scared. Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello Gina! Hope you are well. I just finished my 3rd month of accutane and unfortunately am not seeing the great results yet! How is your skin now? Also is this picture with or without make up? Either way you look great! Take care.

#506 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:cooking, nutrition, exercise, being awesome!

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hello Gina! Hope you are well. I just finished my 3rd month of accutane and unfortunately am not seeing the great results yet! How is your skin now? Also is this picture with or without make up? Either way you look great! Take care.

Hi Maggie! Sorry I haven't been on here so I wasn't able to see your message.

I was only wearing light powder in the photo, no foundation/other makeup.

My skin is still clear, of course I get the occasional tiny pimple, but nothing massive like I used to. I will only get a tiny pimple or two around my period, but that is normal.

I use retin-A cream (tretinoin) mixed with moisturizer applied EVERY OTHER night, not every night. I get dried out if I do it every night.

I stopped the birth control 2 weeks after finishing Accutane.

You guys, the flushing and redness GOES AWAY. THANK GOD!

It has now been almost 4 months and I would say that my skin is still pretty dry. The oil in my hair came back though, which is good cause it was too dry. I have to wash it every other day.

I wish everyone luck! I'm curious if people are breaking out after. I have 2 tiny spots :(

#507 lemonworld23

lemonworld23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hi Maggie! Sorry I haven't been on here so I wasn't able to see your message.

I was only wearing light powder in the photo, no foundation/other makeup.

My skin is still clear, of course I get the occasional tiny pimple, but nothing massive like I used to. I will only get a tiny pimple or two around my period, but that is normal.

I use retin-A cream (tretinoin) mixed with moisturizer applied EVERY OTHER night, not every night. I get dried out if I do it every night.

I stopped the birth control 2 weeks after finishing Accutane.

You guys, the flushing and redness GOES AWAY. THANK GOD!

It has now been almost 4 months and I would say that my skin is still pretty dry. The oil in my hair came back though, which is good cause it was too dry. I have to wash it every other day.

I wish everyone luck! I'm curious if people are breaking out after. I have 2 tiny spots sad.png

Hi Gina! Thanks for checking back in! Your transformation was amazing, congrats! Your log was so helpful to me while I was making the accutane decision!! I decided to go for it and have been on a it a little more than a month. I think I'll probably have the same dosage as you, 40mg first month then 60mg the rest. I just started on the 60.

Your skin doesn't look like you have any scarring, did you ever have any? I have some indented scarring on my cheeks and am hoping it'll get better post accutane. Do you have any feedback about this?

Also, I don't know much (I'm only a month into my course!), but I have heard of people, including friends, having pimples after accutane. We're acne prone, so it'll probably happen. I wouldn't worry about it! xoxo :)

#508 MJRI94

MJRI94

Dat acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Wow, great results smile.png

I know you didn't want to take accutane but sometimes in life you have to take risks to achieve what you really want, I'm glad it paid off for you.

It gives me hope for when I start tane in 1-2 months time

Edited by MJRI94, 16 February 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#509 cheezycakes

cheezycakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

You look great! So happy for you that everything worked out.

#510 Jess Kahele

Jess Kahele

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

I have a rash on my chest. sad.png It developed after dinner, and especially after I ate some goat's milk ice cream. I think I'm allergic to the ice cream, but I can eat goat milk yogurt and cheese without a problem. I also got a slight sun burn on Saturday so it could be a rash from that. Is anyone else getting rashes from sun exposure???

I just started Accutane (Claravis 40mg daily) 9 days ago but I got a rash on my chest and top of my stomach after being out in the sun. No sunburn or anything, just a strange rash. Myabe it is Accutane related? I'm just not sure.

Hey preventcrisis! Great name. wink.png I think you're right. It felt like a heat rash--very hot, prickly and itchy, plus it was localized to my chest which took a beating from the sun. I took a benadryl last night and surprisingly, that really helped. I got a terrible rash on my inner forearms when I was bumped from 40 to 60 mg after the first month. It went away both on its own and by taking benadryl. Also, rubbing Aquaphor on the rash can help, too.

Awww....I can relate. I didn't get my first facial until I was 27. :/ But I've always loved getting body massages. Did you know that massage can help with acne? My skin always glowed and had great circulation after a massage. It will help lymphatic drainage, which clears away acne-causing bacteria.

Understood about the body stuff in general. My parents were always touchy feeling giving me hugs and kisses, so I think it's never bothered me, but I don't like random people giving me hugs or whatever. I don't like brushing against strangers, etc.

I think facials can really help or harm. It depends who you go to, what products they use, and the current state of your skin. I liked how hydrated my skin felt, but I HATE those extractions where they use this tool to drain pimples. OMFG hurts sooooo bad! I wouldn't get a facial on accutane either. I wouldn't want to delay healing or cause damage, so I get where you are coming from.

I have a rash on my chest. sad.png It developed after dinner, and especially after I ate some goat's milk ice cream. I think I'm allergic to the ice cream, but I can eat goat milk yogurt and cheese without a problem. I also got a slight sun burn on Saturday so it could be a rash from that. Is anyone else getting rashes from sun exposure???

I would never let anyone drain my pimples! Omg that is crazy and gross. I have one of those tools though and you are right it hurts really bad. Plus I think it causes more damage than it does good. I have a friend that is head of education at a beauty school out here and her students want to use me as a model for their board exams all the time. I always say no because I just can't have someone touching my face in the condition it was in. I know facials are most of the time good for you, but when you have bloody scabby zits, it is just something that I couldn't do to myself. Plus I wouldn't want to be touchy somebody's face in that condition. I don't know, maybe I think about it too much.

My family is a very huggy kissy family too, so affection never bothers me. Just walking into a place and stripping down and saying nice to meet ya and getting a rub down seems very uncomfortable to me.

To answer your question about rashes from the sun. Yes, if I am out in the sun for a long time. I have to be out for a long time though. When I was at the water park and ran out of sun screen I broke out in a rash on my stomach. I also break out in rashes on the tops of my hands if I am out in the sun a long time. I only get them if I don't have sun screen on though.

Seems odd to be allergic to the ice cream, yet have no issues with yogurt and cheese. Anything is possible though, that is for sure.

I think you're right...but since I'm a total hypochondriac (haha no really, I am), I threw the ice cream in the trash last night. There may have been some sort of inflammatory component from it, since it is dairy and sugar. I don't get weird reactions from coconut milk ice cream or hemp milk ice cream. Probably the intense sun exposure I had on the weekend cause I was using a CRAP organic sunscreen. Just say NO to homemade-type sunscreens that haven't been tested for efficacy, kids.

You are correct about acne making me self concious. It has been a pain in the ass in every part of my life. Dating sucks because I feel like I don't want to go out if I am breaking out or something. Nothing worse than going out on a date and laughing and start bleeding where a scab cracked open or something. Its not like I feel like no one could love me like this, it's that I don't love me like this. Acne is so depressing. Trying all these medications and having the hope that this IS THE ONE and its not. I went through 3 years of let downs with medications and topicals before I started accutane and am finally clearing up and my complexion is evening out. I can't wait to see what I look like at the end of my 6 months. It is going to be great I hope!

Dating will happen when you're ready...on your own time! Whoever you meet will SERIOUSLY adore and love you for your true self. My fiance didn't really seem to care when I broke out really badly. He still came on to me. lol He knew that it wasn't forever and was just an outer appearance. It made me feel like shit, though, and unattractive. But I just had to push through it. You're right though, the hardest part is loving ourselves. Have you ever tried saying affirmations? "I am beautiful. I am loving. I am loved." It's terribly cheesy, but I swear it works!!!

LAST WEEK OF MONTH 3

LAST MONTH OF ACCUTANE STARTS NEXT WEEK! WHOOHOOO!!!!!!! (give or take a few days...my math sucks right now)

I had fun today. I was on a mission to go to downtown Seattle and explore more options for a foundation to wear on my wedding day (12 days left holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!). First I went to Nordstrom's and I got samples of:

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation
Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation

The sales person was a gay guy, which always makes me feel more comfortable somehow. Haha He was really chill, and did color swatches for me. I didn't wear any makeup to the store, which was hard since I took the bus. I immediately took my samples and put on the Silk Creme in the bathroom. I used a TIIIINNNYYYY amount and it had some serious full coverage. I am not used to liquid foundations. I never wear them, aside from my Aveda mineral tinted moisturizer. I thought, wow, I look great! This covers all my hyperpigmentation.

Then a few hours passed and holy crap, my face is cracking. Like, literally cake city all over my face. This was after my Caudalie Vinoperfect serum and Josie Maran spf 40 moisturizer. Even mineral makeup doesn't cake that bad. Blahhhh!!!!

I still have 2 different Mercier samples to try, but so far, I'm not impressed by the lack of moisturizer. However, it does cover really well and looks natural.

I got so annoyed, I went to Sephora and got this dry oil to put under my moisturizer to help with flakes. Dry oils dry very quickly and do not leave you greasy. They sink in and basically are like moisturizers on speed. Haha

http://www.renskinca...e Defence Serum

3137.jpg
I am flaky no matter what I do, and oils are seriously the only thing that helps. I used to be scared of oil and only used oil-free products, but oils are my new savior. I haven't tried the new REN oil under my moisturizers yet, but I'm excited!!!!!!!!! Here's to hoping for less flakes.

I also got samples of the new Tarte Maracuja Foundation in the two lightest shade. I've tested out their Amazonian Clay foundation and it also turned my face into a dry cakey mess. The Maracuja foundation has chemical sunscreens, so I'm sceptical, but in all honesty, the overall ingredients are healthier than the Laura Mercier.

To be honest, I might just try out all the samples, then use my favorite sample on my wedding day, and not buy the actual thing...because then I can just get on with my life using my beloved mineral powder and not have to do all this research and stress over whether my makeup looks good.

When did I become such a product fiend? lol Either way, I am enjoying my gradual switch to natural and organic skincare products. I've seen the biggest benefit after avoiding products containing mineral oil, parabens, silicone, glycols, etc.

<3 Gina

P.S. The rash on my chest is A LOT better today. smile.png Benadryl helped.

The new Tarte Tinted bb primer has ONLY physical sunscreen, no chemical sunscreen. That's what I've been using and have been extremely happy with it. Maybe worth a try? :)

#511 Catlover2012

Catlover2012

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love yoga, hypnosis, meditation, painting, art, jazz and pop music. I am also a vegan and animal lover, and I want clear skin!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hey Gina! I know you are now enjoying life acne free and don't come here often. I don't know if you remember me but I decided to take the plunge and I am now on my second month of accutane, I haven't noticed an improvement yet, but the side effects have been quite mild for me.

Are you still acne free? Have you continued to take any supplements? I hope you can give us an update;-)