Lump In Pubic Area

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tulldaddy

Tulldaddy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

Ok so I've had this problem for about 2 years now. I think it all stems from me shaving with a manual razor without much technique when I was younger.

In my pubic area I get a huuuge lump every now and then IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT. It starts hard, then grows to become about the size of a cm in length and width in usually 3 days. It is very inflamed and hurts to touch and then usually the next morning I will see it comes to a head and out comes a massive amount of pus. I've had this happen to me close to 20 times IN THE SAME SPOT.

The thing is though that the doctors can't seem to cure it. It sounds like an ingrown hair right? The doctor will prescribe me doxycyclin (like the same stuff used for acne) and some anti bacterial gel. Nothing has worked. He says I just have sensitive skin and that it isn't an infection (took blood sample of mine). I keep wondering though, why in the SAME SPOT? Sometimes it will stay away for a while, or in the span of 2 months this will happen 4 times or so. I really don't know what to do.

Is it an ingrown hair, a boil, deeply infected follicle/folliculitis, staph infection, etc. what is it!?!? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Edited by Tulldaddy, 09 May 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#2 dcrangersfootballclub

dcrangersfootballclub

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

nothing to worry about i've had this it went away eventually

#3 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yeah I have a bit like this. It probably just comes up in the same area because by now the hair follicle is damaged, or it rubs against your clothes and thats how it became ingrown in the first place and the rubbing is still there. I just tea tree it semi regularly now and It's not come back up again.
Started (Ro)Accutane :)
Month 1- 20mg
Month 2- 50mg
Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

#4 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Stereotypes are true.
    Half Italiano so I love my pasta. But...
    I'm also half Japanese so I like my Terriaki Chicken too!
    100% Hapa
    Studying til I pass out!

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

Ok so I've had this problem for about 2 years now. I think it all stems from me shaving with a manual razor without much technique when I was younger.

In my pubic area I get a huuuge lump every now and then IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT. It starts hard, then grows to become about the size of a cm in length and width in usually 3 days. It is very inflamed and hurts to touch and then usually the next morning I will see it comes to a head and out comes a massive amount of pus. I've had this happen to me close to 20 times IN THE SAME SPOT.

The thing is though that the doctors can't seem to cure it. It sounds like an ingrown hair right? The doctor will prescribe me doxycyclin (like the same stuff used for acne) and some anti bacterial gel. Nothing has worked. He says I just have sensitive skin and that it isn't an infection (took blood sample of mine). I keep wondering though, why in the SAME SPOT? Sometimes it will stay away for a while, or in the span of 2 months this will happen 4 times or so. I really don't know what to do.

Is it an ingrown hair, a boil, deeply infected follicle/folliculitis, staph infection, etc. what is it!?!? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Most likely an ingrown hair. If you shave your pubic hair, you should NEVER shave against the grain because it cuts too close to the skin. By cutting this close, your curly pubes will never penetrate the surface but instead grow UNDER the skin... thus leaving you with an ingrown hair and an annoying bump that could take months to go away.

My 3 co2 laser fraxel:repair journal w/ photos-

http://www.acne.org/...s/#entry3248488

Good read-

http://ajcn.nutritio...t/86/1/107.full

#5 Syn1122

Syn1122

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:..

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

i get itchy when i just shaved one time so bad that i kept scratching till the skin bled for a few months got so bad sometimes when it was hotter,i went to the doctors tho she said it was jock itch and gave me some meds for it for months i was itching in agony she said best thing to do apart from the meds is to keep the area dry dont use soap use Dove soap :) hope that help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users