Photo

My Adventure On The Regimen

acne the regimen encouragement routine breakouts dkr red mark makeup concealer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

So I wanted to see how good I could look without foundation or any of that kind of stuff. I wanted to post a pic so it reminds me of how I can look when my face is totally clear. All I have on is concealer on the spots, mascara and eyeliner! nothing else! lol :)

#22 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

No makeup! except concealer on the spots!

#23 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Your improvement makes me want to get the regime. I have light acne. So i wasn't sure it was worth it. Still thinking about it. But your log definitely helps. Thanks! Keep up the good work! :)

#24 justsomeguy44

justsomeguy44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

hey! looks good! I feel like the regimen is very female friendly since you can use make up on the spots from purging :P

#25 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Day 104,

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted on here! My face got better and better, we went on our trip to Escanaba and I didn't wear makeup the whole time, when we got back my face was looking amazing and of course I had to pick and pop and my face took two steps back. Then my face cleared up again to the point where I only had a few red marks on my cheeks (my forehead, nose and chin were perfect) and I took that for granted and I picked up my self destructive behavior again and this past week I really picked and popped at my face and now I have about 5 spots on my forehead and tons on my cheeks. This is the only regimen that has ever worked for me and the only thing that gets in my way is my fingers and my self destructive behavior. It sucks that this had to happen now because on wednesday I have training for my new college job (I am going to be an excel ambassador which is a program that helps students that need that extra help) So I took a shower this morning and did my regimen and I am not picking my face all day no matter how tempting it becomes. Then tonight I am going to take a shower, do my regimen and go to bed. Wake up early in the morning and be religious with the regimen and not picking and popping my face. I have two weeks till college starts and with all of the progress I have seen on my face with the regimen I know that 2 weeks will be sufficient to get my face back on track! Will I ever learn to leave my face alone? I sure hope so. Why would anyone want to go back to where they started. that was a horrible face and a horrible time. If I was superwoman, that would be my one weakness and now I realize I must conquer my weakness. Wish me luck!!!!!! :)

p.s. I will update wayyyyy more often that I did :)

than*

#26 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hey Jessielynn007... I know how it is when you have success on DKR and take it for granted.. I did the same thing and did some regressing... Just keep at it because DKR will work again... Try and keep positive focus on yourself and let DKR do its magic... Good luck and let us know how you're progressing... :)
DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

#27 saulg721

saulg721

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Wow your progress has been amazing! I just got my regimen wish me luck.

BTW how does your face look now without makeup? I would like to see a picture because i still feel a little skeptical about the whole thing.

#28 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

@nycqueen, thank you for the support :) I do have a question though, if I do wear makeup, what do I do to get it all off so that the treatment can soak into my skin? I noticed when I wear foundation (covergirl clean for sensitive skin) (and I don't wear alot), when I go to wash it off, I always have to scrub my skin with my fingers because it just feels like there is a layer of dead skin.. it is soooo weird.. can you relate or give me advice? much appreciated!

@saulg721, I will def post pictures right before I go back to college, I want to give my skin that time to get back to normal and thanks for the support! :)

Day 109,

So I was doing really well and my face was recovering from the damage I did but I got super busy and fell asleep two nights in a row with my makeup on so I didn't make much progress those two nights (two nights can be very valuable lol). I got a couple of new bumps, only like 3 but they will clear up with a couple of good nights on the regimen, but anyway things are looking better and I am keeping my fingers off my face unless something is def ready to go. I feel like I am not being gently enough though so hopefully I can get some advice and my face will be near perfect for college! I will update soon! :)

Jess

p.s. no more falling asleep with my makeup on!

#29 saulg721

saulg721

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Ok cool and you're welcome. Posted Image

#30 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Day 111,

So I am super upset today, all that picking that I did in the past week is really getting it's revenge on me. I woke up with 8 or 9 new pimples and some of them are like cystic. I am sooooooooooo mad at myself and I just feel like I really messed up this time. I have a week till college and I just don't know how to make this any better. Def want to crawl under a rock until it clears up. I guess all I can do is stick with the regimen, keep my fingers off my face and pray pray pray! Encouragement needed.. lol :)

Jess

#31 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Day 113,

So I am feeling soooo much better since I stopped picking and just let my face heal. I had like a ton of new bumps but I have left them alone and they are starting to heal, I think it is safe to say I will be ready to go back to college in a week. Update on the face- forehead ( 2 healing scabs, very light), nose is perfect, chin has 2 healing spots (just light red marks now and will fade within a couple days), right cheek (about 5 fading red marks/scabs, 2 healing nasty bumps), left cheek (chin line has about 4 or 5 healing spots that got pretty inflamed and nasty, and 1 bump that was swollen but now dried out and trying to vanish) Def looking better than a couple days ago... well check in later! have a good wednesday!