Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heavy Metal Poisoning

23 posts in this topic

I recently had all of my amalgam fillings removed; I mentioned this to my doc and he said it would be important to do a heavy metal test in order to monitor the mercury levels. I just got the results back a few days ago and was shocked--the doc said my mercury, lead and aluminum levels are almost off the charts on the high end; 10 times what is considered safe levels! He said these levels can be the cause of skin problems, depression and digestion issues (all of which I've had). He also said that the medical profession is just now coming around to realize that high aluminum levels are a leading cause of alzheimers disease. That's pretty scarey stuff--this might be worth checking into for others with health issues that have not been able to resolve them with other modalities. Anyway, I had been doing some oral chelation on my own prior to the testing but because the levels are so high, I'm starting on IV chelation next week (1x per week for 3 weeks), then we will re-test to see where the levels are.

Ebby

"skin problems, depression and digestion issues"

Life, too, can be the cause of those. I'm not saying there's no chance that your fillings caused that but most people have that anyway so don't get your hopes up too much just to have another test show the problem lies elsewhere.

10 fillings? Ow.

Fresh cilantro eaten daily for 2-3 weeks removes all heavy metals. I was doing this because I hate IV needles specifically very much. Got my blood tested(with a prick not those damn IV needles) and the results came at trace amounts so I know now that it works.

Ebby, thanks for sharing. I've advocated on this board for quite a while now to check your blood for heavy metal levels if you have mercury silver amalgams.

Ebby.....you are treating candida, right?

I recently went through a heavy metal detox (plan on doing more), and I was tested for various metals and it came back positive for mercury, pcb's, copper, and isopropyl alcohol.

At least you now have a point of reference to work from, Ebby, and it sounds as if your dentist at least knows what the heck he is doing. Congrats on that. Most doctors and dentists are totally ignorant of these issues. rolleyes.gifdoubt.gif

I've been doing tons of online research and have found all kinds of information on pcb poisoning and acne conditions, too. eusa_think.gif

Where could have been these from? I'm scared now... Where could you usually get these metals from and maybe accidentally ingest them?

Steve: lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Blackbirdbeatle: That's interesting that it only took 3 weeks of cilantro to take your levels down--that's great! I did read something about cilantro being effective for this; I started taking the concentrate version two weeks ago; maybe that will give me a jumpstart on the IV therapy.

Denise: Yes, I'm also treating for candida; on your advise, I've been using Primal Defense---I really like the stuff! Positive for isopropyl alcohol?? Wow, I didn't know that could be toxic!! shock.gif

Paulandrei: Yep, everything that Blackbirdbeatle stated are definitely sources of these metals. In addition, the doc said cosmetics are big contributor for these toxins.

Ebby

http://www.magneticclay.com/

You owe me 10 bucks.

Damn. I've never had a cavity. I've never felt happier about that than right now.

I hope you get well soon.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

Well, that clay stuff is all well and good but Iv chelation doesn't take that long and it get's a lot more of the metal out than they claim.

Also they failed to mention the cheapest and most effective way of getting rid of heavy metals. Cilantro. Cost: 5.00 Time: 2-3 weeks. You want to make it more effective than add NAC or ALA.

I don't blame them for not putting in cilantro as a comparison or giving more accurate results of IV chelation because in the end they are a business. Can't sell clay when everyone knows about the 1.50 bundle of cilantro at their supermarket.

J Ethnopharmacol. 2001 Oct;77(2-3):203-8. Related Articles, Links 

Preventive effect of Coriandrum sativum (Chinese parsley) on localized lead deposition in ICR mice.

Aga M, Iwaki K, Ueda Y, Ushio S, Masaki N, Fukuda S, Kimoto T, Ikeda M, Kurimoto M.

Hayashibara Biochemical Laboratories, Inc., Fujisaki Institute, 675-1 Fujisaki, Okayama 702-8006, Japan.

The preventive effect of Coriandrum sativum, Fam. UMBELLIFERAE (Chinese parsley) on lead deposition was investigated in male ICR mice given lead (1000 ppm) as lead acetate trihydrate in drinking water for 32 days. Administration of Chinese parsley to mice by gastric intubation was performed for 25 days from day 7 after the start of lead exposure up to the end of the experiment. The mice were then sacrificed for comparison of lead distribution. The lead reached its highest concentration in the femur but localized lead deposition in the femur was significantly decreased by meso-2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA), a chelating agent used as a positive control to validate this experimental model. Administration of Chinese parsley also significantly decreased lead deposition in the femur and severe lead-induced injury in the kidneys. In addition, urinary excretion of delta-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) which is known to increase with lead intake was significantly decreased after administration of Chinese parsley. The MeOH extract of Chinese parsley also reduced lead-induced inhibition of delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) activity in vitro. These results suggest that Chinese parsley has suppressive activity on lead deposition, probably resulting from the chelation of lead by some substances contained in Chinese parsley.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Nah i have not, however i'm awaiting an order of bentonite clay to eat and use on my skin! lol, yep plain ol dirt clay, well yeah not as simple as that but mm you feal me..

Search the net on clay and metal toxicity, goto curezone.com and find the magnetic clay forum or bowel cleanse forum. Hell theres tons of places to go...

http://www.eytonsearth.org/claychemistry.html is a good source of information.

People have cured many of there skin ailments with clay, hard to believe i know, but the evidence is building due to soooooo many sights claiming similar things and so many testimonials. Theres usually over 1000 people on at any given time on curezone, tells you something smile.gif

SJ: I take cilantro extract. I also use the footpads and love them. The main reason I havn't done the pascalite clay is because it's very messy. However, I considered it strongly. The site that oz puts up is a great site!

We talk about these natural ways of treating things and then we go an buy stuff from companies offering natural alternative treatements but all they are is a business, just like anything else. Unless it's a non-profit, the end goal is to make money. Period. Therefore you should always see if there's another way of doing things. In this case cilantro and maybe a few cheap suppliments is all you need. There rae also other foods that chelate metals great as well such as garlic.

I'm not saying that the clay doesn't work great but I really don't want to pay 50.00 American to get the same results as I would from 5.00 worth of cilantro.

BBB: From my understanding of the properties of cilantro, it unbinds the toxins/heavy metals from the cell but does NOT flush it out of the body. I took cilantro extract for 2 months straight and still have mercury and other heavy metals. I know I have further cleansing to do.

I'm not sure how true or untrue it is (cilantro not removing the heavy metals from the body fully), but I do know that chelation therapy is extremely hard on the kidneys.

I'll get you the study. In short you must continually drink water so the metals don't stay in your kidneys or go back into your brain or heart. Something like a cup every hour your awake. It's a study done by Dr. Omura of Japan.

Apparently they were looking at chelation by IV and it was going slow for most patients but some were passing metals like crazy and the source was cilantro in their soup. He did a double blind study and it showed all the heavy metals were gone after 3 weeks.

Denise: after cilantro did you get tested? I did and my results were clear of all heavy metals.

I'm not familiar with chilantro, what is it? If it's cheap and works and has no side effects thats great!

Clay is an inert substance meaning it's completely ignored by the body, can't be broken down and does no harm to living tissue. It's sole purpose is to suck up everything from bacteria, fungus, foreign objects, yeasts, metals, everything. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

I read a site from these french doctors using french green clay (illite) on these african kids with these huge tumors or boils or something, was like a huge, huge ugly infection. Anyway they constantly prepared solutions of silver and clay and kept applieing it, the results were pretty impressive, cleaned up wounds completely, but alot of damage was already done underneath so they still needed skin grafts.

http://www.burulibusters.com

Site contains pictures and everything if anyones interested, the pictures are not pretty.

BBB: Yes, I did get tested after taking cilantro and I did test positive for mercury. However, I do plan on continuing to detox and use cilantro. Dr. Mercola recommends dabbing it on your wrist.....I havn't done that, but I might start doing that. Funny, huh?