red marks acne redmarks red mark hyperpigmentation

3 replies to this topic

#1 sallyjasmine

sallyjasmine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

I used to have CLEAR, flawless perfect skin except with the normal breakouts every now and then on my forehead but they were really small and not as often. SOON after I started college I started breaking out on my cheeks. that had NEVER happened before, and then it honestly felth that over night my face went from clear to full of red marks and acne. Now I dont have much acne but a lot a lot of red marks on my cheeks. it sucks. it's emberassing and i hate it so much. how can i get rid of them. i changed my diet to healthier, drink lots of water, cleanse my face properly, exfoliate and even bought a personal microderm recently. i used the porcelana lightning cream but that didn't do a thing. what else can i do to fade my red marks?

#2 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, MMA, photography, fishing.

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

emu oil, coconut oil, aha,

#3 Supbro93

Supbro93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

I used to have CLEAR, flawless perfect skin except with the normal breakouts every now and then on my forehead but they were really small and not as often. SOON after I started college I started breaking out on my cheeks. that had NEVER happened before, and then it honestly felth that over night my face went from clear to full of red marks and acne. Now I dont have much acne but a lot a lot of red marks on my cheeks. it sucks. it's emberassing and i hate it so much. how can i get rid of them. i changed my diet to healthier, drink lots of water, cleanse my face properly, exfoliate and even bought a personal microderm recently. i used the porcelana lightning cream but that didn't do a thing. what else can i do to fade my red marks?

Hey girl, same thing here. Congrats with no active acne, that's a big victory right there. Anyways there isn't very much you can do really but you are on a good path with diet etc. For me it gets better every month, but it's hard to tell because of the different lightings that mindfuks you and that you are analyzing your face everyday.

What I do too is take supplements like fish oil and zinc which has healing properties, don't know how well it has worked for me but it's proven to help your skin anyways so why not just use it. And lastly don't be retard like i was and tan when your marks is fresh, heard that it can prolong it. Use a high spf on the marks. Btw do you have redness around the red marks or just marks with normal skin around? How long have you been clear? and how old are you? ;) The marks will clear up eventually, gl.

#4 PowderedPeach

PowderedPeach

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

If you have red marks after a pimple has healed, it's often because there was more blood flow in this area to help the healing process. This blood hasn't completely left yet, and it won't if your skin is being irritated.

Lightening products won't really help with this, but you can soothe your skin by using products with anti-inflammatory ingredients like caffeine, niacinamide, green tea, soy, and aloe. Make sure you're not using too hot water, and don't overexfoliate because that will stimulate the skin even more. And definitely wear sunscreen every day. Also when you're washing your face, be sure to focus more on the T-zone than on the cheeks because they tend to be irritated more easily. Taking fish oil will help your entire body better manage inflammation. Also Vitamin C with polyphenols from citrus can help soothe redness.

Just try to be gentle and avoid UV exposure. I really like the Power of Three Serum from Replenix, which is extremely light and contains green tea, resveratrol, caffeine, and hyaluronic acid. It's recommended by dermatologists for people with rosacea.

If you want to exfoliate your skin, check out the BHA products from Paula's Choice. They are anti-inflammatory and alcohol free, so you can prevent future breakouts while you soothe the red marks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users