oily dry chapped dry spots moisturizer dry acne oily skin

2 replies to this topic

#1 PearlFeather

PearlFeather

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

I am a teenager with normal to bad acne. I have had immensely oily skin my entire life. But this weekend, in a softball tournament, my skin started becoming super dry. I never sunburn, so that is not it. I used this tinted sunscreen that I have used before, but that should not affect my skin. On Saturday afternoon, I noticed some dry spots circling from my temples to the middle of my cheekbones, so I applied moisturiser. Sunday, I wake up, put on moisturiser, feeling chapped on chin with same as Saturday. Sunday night/Monday, whole face entirely chapped, even under eyes. I have applied moisturiser at least twice a day since Saturday, the dry skin is just getting worse. I have chapped skin over my acne, too.
I am starting Accutane next week, so this is not supposed to be happening until then.
My skin has been super oily forever, up until now. I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas of what is going on and how to heal it.

#2 smik

smik

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

First, I'd wait a couple weeks and see if it goes back to normal. Second, I wouldn't rule out sun damage. Even the darkest skin types can get sun damaged, even if it doesn't seem like it

#3 Debra Lineberger

Debra Lineberger

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

It would probably help to exfoliate your skin with a good face scrub to get rid of the dry, dead skin, then apply a light moisturizer that will not add oil, just moisture to the skin layers to replenish what has been lost. It sounds like you have been either overdoing on a drying agent to address the oil or overexposed your skin to the sun, which only forces the skin into overdrive to product more oil. PearlFeather, I am a licensed esthetician and I used these products on teens who are my clients. When the dead skin is gone, I suggest using a bentonite clay mask which will absorb the oil and bacteria on your skin. Follow this with the light moisturizer. Use the clay mask at least once a week and more if you don't get too dry.

Edited by Debra Lineberger, 22 May 2012 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users