Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much b5 on a cucumber?

5 posts in this topic

Hi smile.gif

I plan to discontinue taking synthetic B5 or generally B5 which comes in capsule/tablet/caplet form.

Does anyone know how much B5 there is in, say, a pound or kg of cucumber? My Jack LaLanne juicer is wonderful. Thanks!

I can't see how anyone on here could possibly know that off the tops of our heads?? lol razz.gif maybe you could look it up? why did u want to stop taking b-5 anyways???

Maybe it's just me, but I want to make it a point to at the very least get the nutrients DIRECTLY from the ORIGINAL SOURCE, not extracted, not synthetically prepared, even though they say it's naturally processed and what not...

...it's a pill! Or because I only want to minimize taking pills everyday, to a Natrol antioxidant

Maybe it's just me, but I want to make it a point to at the very least get the nutrients DIRECTLY from the ORIGINAL SOURCE, not extracted, not synthetically prepared, even though they say it's naturally processed and what not...

...it's a pill! Or because I only want to minimize taking pills everyday, to a Natrol antioxidant

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Yes, thanks SJ biggrin.gif Well the only hindrance to my totally natural, healthy diet are my parents since they still don't want to switch our food diet:

FROM vs. TO

table salt -> sea salt

refined sugar -> stevia (w/c is like 6 times as sweet as sugar if they can't live w/o it)

I've passed stage 1 of having brown rice as staple food instead of white, juiced almost every fruit and vegetable for almost every body problem they complain about.

biggrin.gif

Also, on the supplements thread you were asking about carrots? Was it in relation to B5 or some other nutrient?