#1 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:18 AM

Hi smile.gif
I plan to discontinue taking synthetic B5 or generally B5 which comes in capsule/tablet/caplet form.
Does anyone know how much B5 there is in, say, a pound or kg of cucumber? My Jack LaLanne juicer is wonderful. Thanks!

#2 nofx_gurl_420

nofx_gurl_420

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 28 September 2004 - 12:47 PM

I can't see how anyone on here could possibly know that off the tops of our heads?? lol razz.gif maybe you could look it up? why did u want to stop taking b-5 anyways???

#3 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:49 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I want to make it a point to at the very least get the nutrients DIRECTLY from the ORIGINAL SOURCE, not extracted, not synthetically prepared, even though they say it's naturally processed and what not...

...it's a pill! Or because I only want to minimize taking pills everyday, to a Natrol antioxidant

#4 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(paulandrei @ Sep 28 2004, 01:49 PM)
Maybe it's just me, but I want to make it a point to at the very least get the nutrients DIRECTLY from the ORIGINAL SOURCE, not extracted, not synthetically prepared, even though they say it's naturally processed and what not...

...it's a pill! Or because I only want to minimize taking pills everyday, to a Natrol antioxidant

View Post

Well if you only want to get a few 100mgs maybe, but otherwise the 1 - 2 grams needed for B5 Therapy would be easier to obtain from bulk powders, especially if you are starting with 10g of B5 regimen). If not, here's some sources for you:

Dietary Sources

Pantothenic acid is available in a wide variety of foods. See table for dietary sources of pantothenic acid.

Dietary Sources of Pantothenic Acid
FOOD            Pantothenic Acid (mg)
Liver, beef, 3.5 oz                5.3
Sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup 2.3
Low fat yogurt, 1 cup                1.5
Salmon, baked, 3.5 oz 1.4
Poultry, dark meat, 3.5 oz 1.3
Poultry, white meat, 3.5 oz 1.0
Peanuts, 1/2 cup                1.0
Avocado half                  1.0
Mushrooms, ckd, 1/2 cup .84
Milk, nonfat, 1 cup                .80
Ice milk, soft serve, 1 cup .78
Corn, cooked, 1/2 cup .72
Potato, baked, one                  .70
Sweet potato, 1/2 cup  .68
Dates, 10                            .65
Wheat germ, raw, 1/4 cup .65
Liverwurst, 1 slice                .53
Cheese, blue, 1 oz        .49
Oatmeal, cooked, 1 cup .47
Broccoli, boiled, 1/2 cup .40
Papaya, 1/2 cup          .33
Cheese, cottage, 1/2 cup .27
Peanut butter, creamy, 2 T .26
Strawberries, 1 cup        .25
Orange juice, 1 cup                .24

http://www.feinberg....henic-acid.html

http://ods.od.nih.go...nformation.aspx
(good site but doesn't give the info on B5)

http://www.nal.usda....nk/wt_rank.html (Gives food listings by nutrients, and other combos) B5 has 25 pages!

Also, on the supplements thread you were asking about carrots? Was it in relation to B5 or some other nutrient? Either way, I'm sure with those links you should be able to find all the info you need. My goal is a bit similar in that I want to eat the most nutritious foods possible, especially amongst those that happen to be foods that I like (as I won't eat much if i don't like them) and that have those acne fighting nutrients. Although, due to lack of nutrients in the soil or from cooking that those numbers listed may be lower, which you means you just get to eat more of what you like ;-) Anyway I'm off to search for high fiber list and then to bed ...ZZZzz

Nighty night
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#5 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:00 PM

Yes, thanks SJ biggrin.gif Well the only hindrance to my totally natural, healthy diet are my parents since they still don't want to switch our food diet:

FROM vs. TO
table salt -> sea salt
refined sugar -> stevia (w/c is like 6 times as sweet as sugar if they can't live w/o it)

I've passed stage 1 of having brown rice as staple food instead of white, juiced almost every fruit and vegetable for almost every body problem they complain about.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(SweetJade1980 Posted Today @ 12:09 AM)
Also, on the supplements thread you were asking about carrots? Was it in relation to B5 or some other nutrient?
No, I'm drinking carrot juice for Alpha-Carotene and Beta-Carotene instead of supplements. My parents don't like me taking too many pills everyday, I feel wanting to move out already but I need a year more to settle biggrin.gif sigh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users