Photo

Minocycline, Sulfacet-R, And Tactuo Gel For Acne!

minocycline sulfacet-r tactuo epiduo acne help oily skin teenager antibiotics

1 reply to this topic

#1 WACNE

WACNE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Rugby, Weightlifting

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hi, I'm a 17 year old male teenager, and i've suffered from moderate acne for as long as i can remember now. since i was about 13 years old. about a month ago, I went to the dermatologist, and she precsrcibed me minocycline, sulfacet-r, and tactuo gel. I hope this will help clear my skin. I have a problem with the tactuo gel though. I use it in the morning because she told me to, and during the day at school, my skin becomes red, and extremely oily. my skin complexion looks worse pretty much. It's really annoying because oil is like literally dripping out of my pores. it's terrible. I have acne pretty much everywhere. my cheeks, temples, forehead, not so much my nose and chin though. I also have acne on my chest back, and neck. I'm a muscular guy, because I lift weights, and play rugby, but acne really brings my confidence down. is there any people out the that have tried any of these products? also are there any of you that have tried the tactuo and the same has happened to you? should i stop using it? tanks any info would be much appreciated

#2 PrettyInside

PrettyInside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

...I went to the dermatologist, and she precsrcibed me minocycline, sulfacet-r, and tactuo gel.

Did your derm. actually prescribe Sulfacet-R, the brand-name product? I ask because I was told by both a derm. and pharmacist that it was discontinued several years' ago. (I used to use the tinted Sulfacet-R Lotion, which was really a liquid that worked like make-up to help cover up acne while healing it.)

Could you provide a link to the Sulfacet-R--or similar type product--that you're actually getting?

I have a problem with the tactuo gel though.... It's really annoying because oil is like literally dripping out of my pores. it's terrible.... is there any people out the that have tried any of these products? also are there any of you that have tried the tactuo and the same has happened to you? should i stop using it? tanks any info would be much.

I haven't used Tactuo gel but advise you to not stop using it until you speak to your derm. to get her input on the matter. (The only time I think it's okay to stop a topical medication before you can reach her is if it's causing a serious reaction.)

You might consider using oil-absorbing sheets--like these: http://www.drugstore...807--throughout the day to help diminish the oil on your face. It's not a cure, but it could provide you with some added confidence.

Best of luck,

P.I.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users