Photo

Is This A Good Regimen?

hauschka green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

(Scroll down to post 5 to see my current regimen and status)

My skin hates me for using BP so I have decided to go more natural from now on. (I have moderate/mild acne and severe bad blackheads on my nose)

I used Dr Hauschka's Cleansing Cream for about five days a while ago and I broke out quickly. However, I think I need to wait longer to see results. It may just be my skin reacting to the sudden change from BP to another product.

Here's my plan:

Morning & Evening
  • Wash with warm water
  • Apply Dr Hauschka's cleanser
  • Tone with a green tea formula
  • Moisturize if necessary
Does this sound okay to you? If not, I'm open to suggestions. Thank you.

Edited by Uglydude, 08 May 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#2 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

i recently quit using BP too. but i'm not going the natural way.

as far as your cleanser, i checked the ingredients and there are a ton of oils. now i know a lot of natural products contain oils, but oils cause a lot of problems for most people. you might wanna switch cleansers. not sure what ingredients are in your toner, but check them too. and make sure your moisturizer is also safe.

i read a very interesting post last night about a girl who was on the regimen and stopped and now she washes with diluted lemon juice. then she uses straight lemon juice as a spot treatment. i haven't tried it yet, but you could always try this out too. good luck!

#3 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

i recently quit using BP too. but i'm not going the natural way.

as far as your cleanser, i checked the ingredients and there are a ton of oils. now i know a lot of natural products contain oils, but oils cause a lot of problems for most people. you might wanna switch cleansers. not sure what ingredients are in your toner, but check them too. and make sure your moisturizer is also safe.

i read a very interesting post last night about a girl who was on the regimen and stopped and now she washes with diluted lemon juice. then she uses straight lemon juice as a spot treatment. i haven't tried it yet, but you could always try this out too. good luck!

I have no problem with switching cleansers, but it's so hard to chose which one to use because everyone seems to have different opinions. Do you have any advice on that?

As for the toner, it's 100% green tea so that should be fine. And I have used the moisturizer for a long time and never had problems.

I'll research into the lemon juice. It sounds too acidy but I'll see what people think :) Thanks for your reply

#4 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

yea i'm not sure about the lemon either, my face is sensitive and it kind of scares me to put something on that might burn.

i honestly don't know much about natural products except that they usually have a ton of ingredients and are very expensive. i just use dial gold bar soap and i love it. it's antibacterial so i know it's getting the job done. after that i tone with neutrogena alcohol free toner. then i use clean and clear dual action moisturizer.
how do you like the green tea toner? i'd save a lot of money doing that. how do you do it? and how long does it last?

#5 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Going completely natural isn't vital for me. I just don't want to be shedding layers of skin each day.

I haven't heard of that product before. I'll look into it.

I haven't used green tea beore actually but I planned to introduce it with this regimen. I read about it briefly on these forums and then found a link from google explaining how to make and use the toner. It seems like a really cheap option though.

Edited by Uglydude, 06 May 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#6 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

I started a new regimen, I'm going to test it out for a month and see what happens. This is partially for my own reference but maybe others can learn from it or help me learn. Posted Image

Morning:
  • Cleanse with Clearasil Skin Perfecting Wash (I've used this for a while. It has never seemed to help nor hinder my results, yet I still use it...)
  • Gently rub a cool green tea bag on my face (I've heard a lot of positive feedback from this)
  • (10 minutes later) Honey & Olive Oil mask (wash off after 15 minutes)
Evening:
  • Clean gently with warm water
  • Apply 2% Salacylic Acid on my nose only (blackheads)
  • Gently rub a cool green tea bag on my face
  • Moisturize with Clean & Clear dual action (Again, used for a long time. No problems)
Throughout all of this I am eating healthily, drinking plenty of water, exercising daily and keeping face-touching to a minimum.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Day Four

Since I started, I seemed to have gained a few spots which is a little annoying. Since I'm determined to continue this for 1 month, I will be positive and assume my skin is reacting to the sudden change in routine. However, the honey & olive oil mask really seems to be helping with redness.
The best thing about this regimen is how my skin feels. It may not look great, but it feels so smooth. Unlike when I was using BP, it doesn't hurt to smile!!

Edited by Uglydude, 13 May 2012 - 05:24 AM.

#7 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Day Nine

I'm still getting a few small pimples, but no large ones like I used to. The regimen seems to be helping them recede very quickly. As I said before, the honey & olive oil is helping a lot and is great to use in the morning to soften and moisturise skin as well as reducing redness.
I'm in the process of making some dietary changes so I'm hoping I can be more successful from now on. If I am, I'll write about it.

#8 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Day 12

What a shame..

I'm stopping this regimen now. I truly wanted to reach 30 days, but after less than a fortnight my skin has become unbearably bad.

I always read about people experimenting with products and diet (etc), but I never seem to find any changes. It's quite frustrating.
My acne has, if anything, got worse. It's more noticeable.
I added water kefir (a probiotic) to my diet today. I'm in the progress of making a new regimen. More checmicals (unfortunately) but in moderation.

Edited by Uglydude, 16 May 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#9 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I started a new regimen, I'm going to test it out for a month and see what happens. This is partially for my own reference but maybe others can learn from it or help me learn. Posted Image

Morning:

• Cleanse with Clearasil Skin Perfecting Wash (I've used this for a while. It has never seemed to help nor hinder my results, yet I still use it...)
  • Gently rub a cool green tea bag on my face (I've heard a lot of positive feedback from this)
  • (10 minutes later) Honey & Olive Oil mask (wash off after 15 minutes)
Evening:
  • Clean gently with warm water
  • Apply 2% Salacylic Acid on my nose only (blackheads)
  • Gently rub a cool green tea bag on my face
  • Moisturize with Clean & Clear dual action (Again, used for a long time. No problems)
Throughout all of this I am eating healthily, drinking plenty of water, exercising daily and keeping face-touching to a minimum.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Day Four

Since I started, I seemed to have gained a few spots which is a little annoying. Since I'm determined to continue this for 1 month, I will be positive and assume my skin is reacting to the sudden change in routine. However, the honey & olive oil mask really seems to be helping with redness.
The best thing about this regimen is how my skin feels. It may not look great, but it feels so smooth. Unlike when I was using BP, it doesn't hurt to smile!!

I think that the mask would be best used at night and for a little longer. I use a honey and lemon mask some nights and leave it on for a good 45 minutes at least. Otherwise I don't seem to get as good of results. I personally like the sensitive Clean & Clear foaming face wash. Simple, non-irritating. After the first week I could tell I loved it. I use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash but I'll probably be switching back soon. I like how nice it lathers and cleans.

And I agree, BP just hurts.

yinyang.gifStephanie
AM & PM
Cleanse with Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleanser
Moisturize with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer

Tone with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
*EVERY OTHER NIGHT: Raw Manuka Honey Face Mask overnight

Never felt happier with my skin! amused.gif

#10 Uglydude

Uglydude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

I think that the mask would be best used at night and for a little longer. I use a honey and lemon mask some nights and leave it on for a good 45 minutes at least. Otherwise I don't seem to get as good of results. I personally like the sensitive Clean & Clear foaming face wash. Simple, non-irritating. After the first week I could tell I loved it. I use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash but I'll probably be switching back soon. I like how nice it lathers and cleans.

And I agree, BP just hurts.

I'm still using a similar regimen now. The only difference is that I'm using a small amount of BP to replace salicylic acid. (It's not so bad in moderation).
I would like to use the mask at night, but I feel like it would interfere with the BP.
Thanks for you advice.

My plan is to continue this until the summer break in one month. If my skin is still bad, I may test out a different method.

PS. Awesome avatar :)

#11 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Well good luck and I hope your regimen works for you!

yinyang.gifStephanie
AM & PM
Cleanse with Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleanser
Moisturize with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer

Tone with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
*EVERY OTHER NIGHT: Raw Manuka Honey Face Mask overnight

Never felt happier with my skin! amused.gif