I am creating this thread so that I can keep a log/track of my progress and with the use of Coconut Oil.
Background: I am a 34 year old female who developed acne in my late teens until now. I used to have cystic acne, but I have thankfully cleared up most of it with the help of BenzaClin and Retin-A.
I still continue to suffer from adult/hormonal acne. Around that time of month, I am almost guaranteed a breakout usually around the chin area and occaisionally on the cheeks and forehead. Unfortunately, even one pimple would lead to a huge pimple and scarring. Plus, I would still get a pimples here and there in between the month.
I try to keep them at bay with sporadic use of BenzaClin and Retin-A.
Unfortunately, I still had very dry skin. Lots of peeling and patches of dry skin all over my face, especially the cheek and chin areas.
I used Cetaphil as a moisturizer and it helped, but did not last all day for me.
Well, I finally decided to try Coconut Oil topically.
Why you may ask? Well, after applying the coconut oil on the rest of my body and noticing such a huge transformation of my skin even after one application, I decided to take a leap of faith and use it on my face.
It took awhile to work up the courage because I was of course worried about a severe breakout as I have never put oil on my face except for Tea Tree Oil....and that was not a good experience for me.
So, I will be tracking my results as I go along. I've only been using it for 1 1/2 weeks thus far and so far the results are amazing!
Washed face with Purpose Facial Cleanser and applied Coconut Oil each night to facial skin and neck area. Used only a small pea size amount and lightly smoothed oil all over face. I do not reapply in the morning. So, only once a day.
Things I've noticed:
- Skin is no longer dry.
- Patches of peeling skin have disappeared.
- The smoothness is truly something I have never seen for my face.
- My skin tone is way more even and skin appears more supple and youthful.
- Pimples that were on my face when I started healed and went away after 1 day of application.
- One pimple came to the surface at the beginning of first week's application that was incredibly easy to extract and was healed by next day.
- This is the most healthy I've seen my skin look in years.
- Other than the one earlier pimple, there has been no new pimples to surface.
- Scar marks appear to be lightening.
- Worried this will clog my pores and I'll have a major breakout. Thankfully, it hasn't happened yet.
Monday night, I took a break and did not apply Coconut Oil and skin was still moisturized, soft, and smooth.
Restarted regime Tuesday night (last night). Skin is still doing very well.
What I'm using:
Purpose Facial Cleanser
Now Healthy Foods - Virgin Coconut Oil, 100% Pure, Unrefined, and Cold-Pressed made from organic coconuts. I bought this at my local GNC
That's it! I've noticed that everytime I try alot of differnt things at once, my skin just suffers. I really hope this lasts for me as I'm so tired of dealing with this acne issue!
Wish me luck!