Photo

Roaccutane (Nhs) Log With Pics!

roaccutane accutane nhs dermatologist simple

This topic is in the process of being archived.
61 replies to this topic

#41 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

DAY 15 ON ROACCUTANE

Mixed day really... I went to bed last night really positive but when I woke up this morning and checked the mirror... I've broken out everywhere, chin, cheeks, forehead. Mainly whiteheads, but they're inflamed, and they hurt, a lot.

Took a shower and shaved which took off most of the heads, but I was still left with quite a few lumps. Throughout the course of the day, no whiteheads have appeared and it seems like the lumps are beginning to flatten out. I'm hoping that the breakouts calm down or better, completely stop all together. Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Lips are dry beyond belief...

#42 veruca salt

veruca salt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hang in there! What are you currently using on your lips?

#43 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

The first month I was on accutane my breakouts were everyday, and they hurt so bad. It's like the acne was coming from somewhere deep down, I have never had that feeling before. The white heads kept coming and coming for me too. When I was in my first month, maybe month in half I would get like 19 new white heads a day! I could check out my face and count how many I have and 2 hours later I could check out the situation again and I could count 3 more. I didn't think your skin could change that fast. Funny how they come so quickly and take so long to go away! Accutane really is a up and down process, just when you think things are going better bam a new breakout. I am at the beginning of month 3 and am finally starting to see improvement which my derm says is normal and clearing in the first month or 2 isn't "normal". Hopefully you stop the purging process soon and clear up quickly! Best of luck!

#44 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hang in there! What are you currently using on your lips?

Still using Blistex, but last night I loaded up on the stuff and then put a thick layer of vaseline over the top. The results were: no dry lips in the morning! I think I'll keep doing this combination and see how it goes. I like Blistex because it takes care of the flakiness and heals the cracks really quick.

The first month I was on accutane my breakouts were everyday, and they hurt so bad. It's like the acne was coming from somewhere deep down, I have never had that feeling before. The white heads kept coming and coming for me too. When I was in my first month, maybe month in half I would get like 19 new white heads a day! I could check out my face and count how many I have and 2 hours later I could check out the situation again and I could count 3 more. I didn't think your skin could change that fast. Funny how they come so quickly and take so long to go away! Accutane really is a up and down process, just when you think things are going better bam a new breakout. I am at the beginning of month 3 and am finally starting to see improvement which my derm says is normal and clearing in the first month or 2 isn't "normal". Hopefully you stop the purging process soon and clear up quickly! Best of luck!

I agree. It's great to see the drug working though :)

Thanks for the advise!

#45 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

DAY 16 ON ROACCUTANE

A much better day than yesterday. Haven't broken out as bad as yesterday, but the whiteheads are still persisting.

My lips aren't as dry as they were yesterday either, I think the combination of Blisten and Vaseline seems to be doing the trick. I'll keep it up for the rest of the week to see how it goes.

I brought a shave brush yesterday to compliment my shaving routine. It makes a huge different in reducing irritation by making the hairs stand up more and assists in creating a thick rich lather with the shaving gel. I've noticed that I can use less shaving gel to get a better consistency as opposed to using what I would normally use if I was creating the lather with my hands. Great investment on that part!

I'm starting to look in to supplements to take alongside Roaccutane to aid in overall general health...

What do you guys recommend?

Can you take probiotics alongside Roaccutane?

#46 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:cooking, nutrition, exercise, being awesome!

Achievements

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Yes, you can take probiotics. I don't see any contraindications. Just can't take any supplements containing Vitamin A, which includes Beta-Carotene, I'm pretty sure. I think it's fine to eat foods that contains beta-carotene like sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, but not supplements.

I highly recommend Barlean's omega swirl fish oils if you can get them in the UK: http://www.barleans....omega_swirl.asp

I have the Orange Cream flavor and the Chocolate Raspberry for Women. They taste like dessert! If you can't get this brand, I recommend trying to get an Omega 3-6-9 supplement that contains fish oil, flax, and borage. These will all work to nourish your skin and lubricate your joints.

Since you're also in the UK, are you taking any Vitamin D? I live in Seattle, so I have to take it year round. I had my levels tested and they were super low. So, I'm sure with avoiding the sun because of accutane, you may be low in Vitamin D.

:)

#47 lukuz

lukuz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hi, thanks for the motivation. I can't buy Cetaphil in the UK, apart from online and it's quite expensive, but I'll consider it for the future.

I'm in the UK, you can buy Cetaphil from larger Boots - it's not too pricey either and worth the cost.

#48 catcatcat4

catcatcat4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

I was just about to say the same thing as the previous poster! I'm from the UK too and cetaphil is amazing. It does cost about £8 but a bottle lasts such a long time. (I used it whilst I was on retin-a and I've still got a 3/4 full bottle left, and I can tell that I'm going to be needing it now that I've started accutane.) It's funny, I was just browsing through your log and I noticed that you have alot of the same things as me! (even the simple moisturizer!) and now I feel relieved because I know that they didn't give me too many boxes of accutane!! Hopefully you'll clear up in no time.

Good luck with your journey!

#49 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi, thanks for the motivation. I can't buy Cetaphil in the UK, apart from online and it's quite expensive, but I'll consider it for the future.

I'm in the UK, you can buy Cetaphil from larger Boots - it's not too pricey either and worth the cost.

I was just about to say the same thing as the previous poster! I'm from the UK too and cetaphil is amazing. It does cost about £8 but a bottle lasts such a long time. (I used it whilst I was on retin-a and I've still got a 3/4 full bottle left, and I can tell that I'm going to be needing it now that I've started accutane.) It's funny, I was just browsing through your log and I noticed that you have alot of the same things as me! (even the simple moisturizer!) and now I feel relieved because I know that they didn't give me too many boxes of accutane!! Hopefully you'll clear up in no time.

Good luck with your journey!

I visited a larger boots the other day and was surprised to find Cetaphil. The only stocked the gentle cleanser and moisturising lotion. I'm not too fussed though, because the products I'm using at the moment are fantastic. I'm still using the Simple For Men range, but instead of using their moisturiser I am using the Simple Light Hydrating Moisturiser. The Simple For Men moisturiser was too small and cost quite a bit. Still the same brand which I like.

DAY 21 ON ROACCUTANE

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been quite busy.

Three weeks on Roaccutane!

The results so far are amazing. I haven't broken out in atleast a week. I have one very small active pimple and one very small whitehead. My skin is soft and smooth. The texture of my skin looks and feels great.

But with pleasant results comes harsh side effects...

Lips are horrendously dry. I've been lacking with apply blistex and vaseline so I'm only to blame for the cracked lips.

I get occasional back pain which hurts like hell, but thankfully only lasts for a few seconds.

My scalp is still dry, but nowhere near as bad as it was when I first started Roaccutane.

I still sometimes feel tired, but find it difficult to get to sleep at night. I've had a lot on my mind recently which might be contributing.

The positives are still outweighing the negatives. I look forward to venturing in to week 3 and seeing what it has to offer me.

#50 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

DAY 28 ON ROACCUTANE

Apologies for not posting in a while, I've been busy with some other stuff.

Things are great. We're having a heatwave in the UK and I've been enjoying it while it lasts.

Since my last post things have been getting better and better. My skin is incredibly smooth that it's an actual pleasure to put moisturiser on as it glides across my skin. It feels fantastic not feeling any bumps or that rough texture with dozens of clogged pores.

I have only broken out with two or three tiny whiteheads on my chin but they quickly dried up and disappeared very quickly.

In terms of side effects, nothing out of the ordinary. Lips have gotten a lot dryer but with the help of vaseline they're under control. It's not just my face that is dry but my entire body is dry so I brought some cream to help with that.

I'm not feeling as tired as long as I'm moving about and doing something.

Back pains are still persisting but it doesn't really bother me too much.

I'm still using the same skin care products and love them. Haven't had any problems at all.

Here's some pictures. I'm a bit shiny, it's because I went for a walk and it's incredibly hot and humid out.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Avenger, 28 May 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#51 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hey man you skin looks so much better than at the start, good luck with the rest of your roaccutane course

#52 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Yeah it looks like you're clearing up really nicely! Good to hear the products are going well for you too, not to dry then I guess? I use the simple moisturiser you mentioned, I think it's ok, maybe a bit greasy. I'm starting roaccutane at the end of June though and figured I would carry on using it.

#53 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hey man you skin looks so much better than at the start, good luck with the rest of your roaccutane course

Thank you :)

Yeah it looks like you're clearing up really nicely! Good to hear the products are going well for you too, not to dry then I guess? I use the simple moisturiser you mentioned, I think it's ok, maybe a bit greasy. I'm starting roaccutane at the end of June though and figured I would carry on using it.

Thanks, the products are fantastic, and no, they aren't drying my skin out which is what I like most about them. The moisturiser can be a bit greasy, I found I had that problem when my skin was oily, but now I find that is soaks in really well and does what it's supposed to do.

Good luck with your course!

#54 ginanutrition

ginanutrition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:cooking, nutrition, exercise, being awesome!

Achievements

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Fantastic progress so far!!!

#55 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thanks, the products are fantastic, and no, they aren't drying my skin out which is what I like most about them. The moisturiser can be a bit greasy, I found I had that problem when my skin was oily, but now I find that is soaks in really well and does what it's supposed to do.

Good luck with your course!

Thanks :) I'm glad theyre not drying, might pick up the products for my bf, it'd be nice if he didnt steal my stuff while he's round!

#56 evertonyo

evertonyo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sport.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hi there, been following your posts but haven't commented before, congrats on the results so far, I am with the general consensus that your skin looks to have improved dramatically. Hope you continue to see progress, and if you do at this rate you'll be clear in no time. Good luck!

#57 Ghost876

Ghost876

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Been a while since I've checked your blog, but there is definitely noticeable difference! The new face products you are using I've never actually seen before, good to hear they are doing well for you.

#58 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

DAY 37 ON ROACCUTANE

So, I passed the one month mark...

To be fair, since my last progress it's been slow progress which is why I haven't really updated.

This week I've primarily been focused on changing my life style and diet. I'm looking forward to starting my application for the British Royal Marine's shortly so it's defiantly time I started to change my diet and excersize routine.

I took some of the advice posted earlier in here about vitamin supplements and purchased some Omega 3,6,9 and Vitamin C & D. In addition to this I've also invested in a weight gainer to supplement alongside my day-to-day diet to aid in weight gain.

I'm starting a new workout routine completely at home, primarily bodyweight circuits and cardio. I don't plan on using the gym at all through my application, I just don't see them at all to be a requirement.

I'm happy to say that I'm still clear for the most part. The past couple of days I've had a tiny breakout of 1 or two whiteheads around my nose area. They seem to have gone though.

I'm still applying Retin-A 0.01% gel three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). I find that it's drastically improving my red marks as well as my skin tone/texture.

My face is visibly smooth and soft to touch. I love it.

My lips are becoming manageable by regularly applying Vaseline.

My skincare routine is perfect. Shaving is so much more comfortable and it's a pleasure to shave also.

Generally feeling a lot more confident.

I'm able to go out for long periods of time, 12 hours or so without worrying about what people will think about my skin, or worrying about spots appearing, or worrying about the oiliness of my skin, or worrying about washing my face.

I will post a few pictures shortly!

Vitamin A is great stuff.

Wishing everyone else the best of luck with their courses!

#59 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

DAY 38 ON ROACCUTANE

The stuff I ordered came today.

It feels a lot better to be starting to change my life style around.

As I went to bed last night I noticed a large zit on my forehead. It was red and hurt quite a bit. This morning it's a smallish whitehead so I'm hoping it will be gone by this evening.

#60 Zraden

Zraden

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

Good to hear its working well for you!