Photo

Acne.org Moisturizer :(

moisturizer problems acne.org moisturizer moisturizer questions moisturizers acne.org products help moisturizer

1 reply to this topic

#1 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hey, I have been on this regimen for around a month and 1 week, and I've still been having flaking and dryness problems from the bp, which the moisturizer isn't fixing.
I will apply the moisturizer with about 7 drops of jojoba oil, because the jojoba helps it soak into my skin faster, and adds moisture. When it's pretty much absorbed, my skin looks really greasy and it becomes a few shades more orange than usual. It stays greasy for a little while, and then it's fine for maybe 40 minutes to an hour, it still peels, but its greasy! I really need some help with this,
also, IF ANYONE HAS ANY GOOD SPF'S THAT DO NOT CLOG PORES, ARE NON-COMODOGENIC, AND HELPS PREVENT FLAKINESS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment! Thank you!! - WS

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

#2 FSpider

FSpider

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

It took a long time for me to get my flakiness under control too, hang in there! I'm going on my third or fourth month and just have occasional very mild flakiness just between my eyebrows now.

I can tell you what I did to fight my own flakes, see if any of this helps you?

Rather than add the jojoba oil to my moisturizer, I would squirt a bit into the palm of one hand and use fingers of the other to lightly rub it in after cleansing. Concentrate especially on areas of flakiness, and err on the side of too much oil. I'd rub rub rub (but gently!) to loosen the flakes, then use a soft cloth to gently wipe the oil and flakes off my face--no washing it off! After that, I'd put the bp on immediately, then wait before moisturizing. Doing this twice a day cured my flaky look almost overnight, but I did have to keep it up. Skipping a day of oil could make them come roaring back. Somebody else on the forum had this as their method, and I've found it works to great success.

After about two months of the Regimen, I added the AHA+. I use it as a spot treatment at night and as a pre-sunscreen moisturizer in the morning--put it on, then after it dried, add an SPF moisturizer on top. By doing that, I've stopped using jojoba oil completely and, like I said, have only the smallest flake issue. Also, my face drastically cleared up.

Finally, and this seemed counter-intuitive, but I was desperate--use LESS moisturizer/overall product. I was noticing after a bit that the flakes I was fighting so harshly were yellow-tinged, like dried moisturizer. I'd apply so much in the morning in an attempt to stop my flakes that it wouldn't be able to soak in and would dry clear until just moving my face would crack it and make it flake off. I use one pump of cleanser, about half a pump of moisturizer, and one thin finger-length of BP when I do my regimen (and one thin finger-length of AHA+ when I use it as a moisturizer). Cutting back on the products removed the unsightly yellow flakes and actually seemed to help my face improve--less product, after all, means less application, which means less irritation, which means less acne.

You can also try to cut back your bp a bit as you try to wrestle your dryness under control, see if that helps any, then bring it back up after your flakes have stopped.

I hope some of this helps you!

(as for SPF moisturizer, I use Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15 moisturizer, but it didn't do much for flake-fighting)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users