Photo

My Toes And Fingers Are Constantly Frozen. Sign Of Thyroid Issue =Acne Maybe?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

A given, its been pretty damn cold lately but my toes and feet are noticablly freezing cold they literally feel like ice blocks. i was wearing 4 paits of socks the other day, they were so thick they all couldnt fit on but i was still freezing. i swear gloves every day now. my hands arent as bad as my feet but i've definitely noticed this to be an issue. the only major 'health issue' ive had besides the hormonal acne is just a b12 issues but thats back to normal apparently. could my freezing toes be a thyroid issue that might relate to hormones. i wont be surprised but even so i do everything possible to help all my body functions - have for the past nearly 2 years now so i doubt there is extra i can do my body is just messed up and very very stubborn.

im just really curious though what freezing hands and feet might mean? is there any links to that an acne in the sense of things like thyroid and if so what might be wrong and how/why does it happen?

thankyou :)

p.s ive had my thyroid tested and it came up healthy.
yet so did my liver and everything else but i still have problems so i dont trust tests.

#2 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

I would also like to know about this. My feet are cold all the time except right after I work out. I always just ignored it, but I am curious about why that happens and if it has anything to do with acne.

Are there times when your feet are not cold? Like after working out?

#3 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

i often have cold hands and feet.. i wonder if there is a connection. ill look into it tomorrow

#4 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

I have cold hands and feet too. I always read circulation could be the cause but I had it even when I was very athletic.

I also have had my thyroid and liver checked a few times and they never found a problem. I just had a blood test on Friday for coeliac and pancreas enzymes, hoping to get to the bottom of my problems. I did read that cold hands and feet were a symptom of coeliac and I am pretty sure gluten is a problem for me so for now I have put it down to that. I think cold extremeties can be a symptom of a lot of illnesses.

#5 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

I have the same problem, where my hands and feet are always ridiculously cold and the majority of the time I leave the house in cold weather, my hands end up turning blue/black and begin to wrinkle up. I got tested for Reynauds disease, but the results came back negative, so I'm at a loss.

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Good things for thyroid function:
http://www.acne.org/...dpost&p=2592507

#7 Tunnelvisionary

Tunnelvisionary

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

http://www.wellnessr...yroid_problems/
http://www.dannyrodd...-man-alive.html

Some links that could be helpful. Eating enough of the right types of foods, and eating enough in general helped warm me up. Putting a bit of salt on every meal and consuming sugars (from fruits) helped quite a bit as well.

#8 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

SAAAME! I also wondered if there would be a connection too.

My hands and feet are most of the time frozen cold, but sometimes it's like its on fire, specially after workouts though.

#9 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

im glad im not alone. my toes are definitely the worst. my hands are warm right now but i cant even feel my toes.
its not even cold out.

so is the consenus actually a thyroid problem? I've read the things for good thyroid function before and followed many but diet has yet to effect me like i wish it did -_- its been quite a long time too

#10 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Very interesting I had this my entire life as well. It's Reynauds like someone said, or at least thats what its suppose to be, but honestly I think its just a circulation problem. When I drink alcohol or workout it goes away. I actually believe this to be a big reason for acne. It seems the blood flow in our faces slows down, making it easier for infections and clogs.. and which why I think a lot of people notice they clear up on Niacin. Another reason to make sure you get daily exercise, to keep the blood flowin.

But yeah this could all be related to the thyroid, just like what were talking about in the iodine topic.

#11 jetaime

jetaime

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

I have cold hands and feet pretty much all day everyday. Also my feet are always dark red or dark purple! I am a very pale skinned person except for my feet, they are never the same color as the rest of me. It sort of scares me sometimes. haha

#12 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yea.... I've been like this since I was very little. So it could be related to genetics.

Poor circulation, yea sweating or exercising definately warms them up. And when they are warm, they are sooo warm. It's like the temprature of my hand is either too cold or too hot. It just changes between those 2.

#13 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

iron deficiency has similar symptoms. are you eating meat on a regular basis?

#14 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

definitely isnt. i eat A LOT of red meat.

interesting how there's a lot of people with this problem.

#15 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Yea.... I've been like this since I was very little. So it could be related to genetics.

Poor circulation, yea sweating or exercising definately warms them up. And when they are warm, they are sooo warm. It's like the temprature of my hand is either too cold or too hot. It just changes between those 2.

Yeah that's poor circulation. The ends are either getting not enough blood or too much. Our ends being our feet, hands, and head.

Gingko Biloba is suppose to be a great herb to enhance blood circulation, some people specifically take it for reynauds or coldness in hands and feet.

How many of you are very intolerant to cold? I grew up in NY and after 20 years never got used to the cold lol. I freeze so easily, will get shakes and what not, and my hands will be literally purple haha.

#16 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

Yeah that's poor circulation. The ends are either getting not enough blood or too much. Our ends being our feet, hands, and head.

Not necessarily, it could be caused by poor thyroid function. I was looking this up, and it seems the thyroid can often be having problems if your adrenal glands are over burdened. This has a big connection with acne.

#17 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

I grew up on meat, trust me, my family is like full carnivorous. I do tend to avoid beef though. Now I eat more of chicken.
Yet still, my hands and feet are cold, but sometimes wayy too hot. Also to add in, I have excessive palm sweating. But then, even when I am not sweating they are still cold.

#18 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

yea, im no doctor thats for sure, but you could look up your symptoms on one of those doctor sites, but you will likely come across lots of different possibilitys, or you could go to a doctor where they cant test for everything, take you for a ride of your financial life until you are broke as a joke, unless your insurance is real good.
or well, maybe its just cold out? and you are in an anxious state of mind? hands are the most likely part of your body to be cold because they are so far away from your core. try putting a sweater on, getting some exercise, or turning up the heat in your house, or maybe your body fat is so low that also makes you colder. best bet is see a doctor, or if you can remember when you first started feeling this way and what happened that may have caused this? certain diet, sleeping patterns?etc.

yea, im no doctor thats for sure, but you could look up your symptoms on one of those doctor sites, but you will likely come across lots of different possibilitys, or you could go to a doctor where they cant test for everything, take you for a ride of your financial life until you are broke as a joke, unless your insurance is real good.
or well, maybe its just cold out? and you are in an anxious state of mind? hands are the most likely part of your body to be cold because they are so far away from your core. try putting a sweater on, getting some exercise, or turning up the heat in your house, or maybe your body fat is so low that also makes you colder. best bet is see a doctor, or if you can remember when you first started feeling this way and what happened that may have caused this? certain diet, sleeping patterns?etc.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980, 02 May 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#19 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Nope from all the things I've researched and anazled, it wasn't usually the outside cold, it wasn't much of my sleeping patterns, it wasn't the clothes I wear. It just makes sense that it's probably low circulation.
Even when I am relaxed chilling at home, my hands are cold so it's not related to anxiety for me.

I remember being like this since I was a kid (Though where I used to live as a kid was naturally quite cold). I know many people who are like this, doctors only say it's circulatory or iron defficiency and it's natural or something dull.

It just seems like I am more sensitive, not quite in a stable thermal balance. Either too hot or too cold.
And I've always wondered if it had connection with acne.

Also my little baby brother is also like this too, so it's genetics.

#20 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yeah it has nothing to do with how cold it is outside. It's an abnormal disorder. I would be sitting in gym class and my hands would turn bright purple just from being in a slightly colder area. People who have this know it's not normal lol, there are cold hands, and then there are purple hands, very different :P

Probably is our thyroids. I don't get this though I had several blood tests taken to a year ago for all this shit, and everything came back as "completely healthy", so even in 2012 they are still rather clueless to finding the mysteries of the human body.