routine daily products regimen makeup

3 replies to this topic

#1 peaceexlove

peaceexlove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hello! I was hoping to get some ideas from others routines, so if you would be so kind as to tell me what you do in the AM and PM as far as skincare, that would be great. (:

Morning:
Cetaphil cleanser for all skin types
Neutrogena moisture for combo skin

Night:
Neutrogena RapidClear oil eliminating cleanser (to remove makeup)
Cetaphil cleanser for all skin types (to cleanse after makeup removal)
Equate BP 2.5% treatment
AcneFree Terminator 5% BP (for spot treatment on active blemishes)

#2 crumples

crumples

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Snowboarding, art, design, photography, hiking, outdoorsy stuffs

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

My current routine has been working best for me, and it is really wacky. I actually hate that is is kind of involved, because I travel a lot and hate to be the bathroom hogger - however, if it helps anybody, I'd like to share!

Morning & Night:

-Shower/wash face with CeraVe foaming cleanser
-Apply Dermify as a 20 minute mask
-Rinse WELL, follow up with Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with a few drops of Desert Essence Jojoba Oil
-Rinse again, pat dry, apply small dab of Alpha Hydrox souffle mixed with 1 Desert Essence Jojoba Oil

#3 maybemonday

maybemonday

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

I've been tweaking mine a bit lately, because for a while I was going completely "au naturel", but that stopped working. So I think I've found a balance in my regimen that works Posted Image

AM:
- Manuka Honey NPA 15+ (Cleanser)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (Toner)
- Jojoba Oil (Moisturizer)

PM:
- Oxy Pad *Extra strength*
- ACV (Toner)
- Simple Kind To Skin Oil Balancing Moisturizer

>BP Spot treatment

Edited by Clara Nicolini, 04 May 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#4 kcattrysse

kcattrysse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

After 3 years of experiencing adult onset acne, I have finally found a product routine that works! I have researched and tried many products...each product I tried for a duration of 3 months. Some of the topical products I have tried are ProActive, Paula's Choice Acne Treatment, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea Tree Oil, Burt's Bees Spot Treatment and Coconut Oil. None of these gave me great results. In fact, I find that using any product with Benzoyl Peroxide just exacerbates the acne, leaving the face with dry, red and crusted over acne. During my research, I found an awesome blog from a guy that stopped using your typical over-the-counter remedies and moved into natural remedies. He has discovered a topical Vitamin B3 called Niacinamide. Here is the link to it: http://gmuntz.tripod.com/niacinamide.html. After reading his blog, I was excited to try it out. Here is my daily routine following each products' directions and it works!
At Night

1. Remove makeup
2. Wash my face using Aveeno® Moisturizing Bar for Dry Skin
3. Apply Paula's Choice BHA (1% Beta Hydroxy Acid)

4. Apply two pumps of the Metazene to the entire face, including around my eyes
5. Apply Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Spot Treatment to the larger pimples (if I have any)
6. Apply my usual anti-aging eye gel to my eyes
7. After two hours, I then apply Mario Badescu's Healing Cream (active ingredient is Balsam of Peru)
For Day:

1. Wash my face using Aveeno® Moisturizing Bar for Dry Skin
2. Apply two pumps of the Metazene to the entire face, including around my eyes
3. Apply my usual facial moisturizer and eye gel
4. Put on makeup

I have been doing this since the end of December and I cannot believe how much better my skin appears...I'd have to say that I have gotten rid of 75% of the amount of acne I usually get when I breakout. When I do breakout, it goes away in a matter of 2-3 days instead of 2-3 weeks. It also has helped prevent the large pimples from forming...they stay small and manageable, which I totally LOVE because I was constantly getting those HUGE, poppable zits. I can honestly say I have only had ONE huge zit since I started using the Metazene. If you cannot afford to use all of the products in my routine, I recommend that you use the Metazene for sure and do not use anything harsh with it....I tried using it with Benzoyl Peroxide products and it didn't work. Metazene and Mario Badescu Healing Cream can be purchased at Amazon.com. Paula's Choice has her very own web site you can purchase her products on.

Here is the info on Niacinamide:

Niacinamide is a formed from a natural vitamin B3. It is not a harsh chemical, like benzoyl peroxide, which can be damaging to your skin. In addition to being a great blemish remover, topical Niacinamide can also reduce fine lines and wrinkles. In a recent study, Niacinamide was shown to increase skin's production of ceramides -- ceramides protect your skin against moisture loss which leads to aging. In addition, 4% Niacinamide acts as a skin whitener and helps to fade acne spots, age spots and other types of hyperpigmentation. It has also been found to be beneficial in treating rosacea. Nicotinamide (niacinamide) is a form of the water-soluble vitamin B complex. Like other water-soluble vitamins it is not stored in your body for long periods of time, so there is no build-up or accumulation in your system. And because it is derived from an essential vitamin, it is safe for long-term use to help you keep your acne under control. [/font]

Here is the info on Paula's Choice BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid):

NOTE: Those allergic to aspirin (acetylsalicylate) should not use salicylic acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid or BHA).[/font]
  • Light, water-based formula with 1% salicylic acid
  • Exfoliates and smoothes for firmer, younger-looking skin
  • Reduces redness and builds collagen
  • Unclogs and diminishes enlarged pores
  • Creates radiant, clear, even-toned skin
  • Reduces acne breakouts and fades discolorations
  • Anti-inflammatory ingredients calm signs of rosacea
  • 100% fragrance-free-contains no dyes or coloring agents
Here's the info on Mario Badescu's Healing Cream:

Our famous anti-redness cream is an effective treatment for red, rashes, flaky and irritated skin types and Rosacea sufferers. Balsam Peru is the active, soothing botanical ingredient that will make a visible difference immediately upon application. Non-greasy, low oil formula. May be used for troubled areas of the face or in place of a moisturizer. Gently massage on red, irritated or flaky areas before moisturizer or night cream. May be used in place of a moisturizer for very sensitive skin. [/font]

Good luck
Kat

Edited by kcattrysse, 16 May 2012 - 01:12 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users