research

139 replies to this topic

#41 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

Make sure you get enough salt as well! Starting slow is best IMO. What's the concentration of the Lugols you have?

Day 5: Still on the 12.5mg. No new acne but also no less acne so far. I am sleeping pretty well and other than that, there is really not much going on. I think it will take at least a month before I can tell anything.

"Our full strength Lugols iodine solution contains 5% iodine and 10% potassium iodide in purified water according to the original formula. It may be used as a iodine supplement or to purify drinking water. Two drops contains 12.5mg of iodine. "

So I guess im taking 12.5mg a day too. keep me updated, ill do the same

#42 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

Good luck!

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#43 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:中文,sports, languages, singing, music, etc.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Sooo its been a week. I would like to say I have something to report, but I really don't. I haven't felt any different and I haven't gotten any new spots. I'm still taking the 1 pill a day along with the selenium and vitamin c.
-Accutane twice - Worked for a little while, then it all came back. NOT WORTH IT! Read the Accutane research post (Including mine) to see how Accutane can screw up someone's body and even cause acne itself.
-Differin, EpiDuo, BP. Tazorac, BHA, AHA - have used all of these at some point but never been more than 90% clear with any.
-As of Nov. 2010 - Stay away from too many carbs, especially high GI carbs. We were made to eat raw foods, not anything from a box! Eat grassfed meats!
-Trying to heal my gut with L-Glutamine, Zinc, and a lower-fat diet. Also trying iodine/selenium supplementation for thyroid.

#44 NewBrigade

NewBrigade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

So I realized that the multivitamin I've been taking has like, 150mg of potassium iodide in it...I have been having an unusually intense acne breakout for about 3 weeks now that is kind of unlike anything I've had before--comedones around my mouth that scab over but just keep breaking out/never seem to heal. A friend of mine suggested it was an allergic reaction. Could this be the source?

#45 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

If it was an allergy you would probably have hives or other characteristic symptoms. I'm guessing the supplement you are taking has 150mcg, not mg. 150 mg is way too high. Look back at the bromide detox we talked about before.
-Accutane twice - Worked for a little while, then it all came back. NOT WORTH IT! Read the Accutane research post (Including mine) to see how Accutane can screw up someone's body and even cause acne itself.
-Differin, EpiDuo, BP. Tazorac, BHA, AHA - have used all of these at some point but never been more than 90% clear with any.
-As of Nov. 2010 - Stay away from too many carbs, especially high GI carbs. We were made to eat raw foods, not anything from a box! Eat grassfed meats!
-Trying to heal my gut with L-Glutamine, Zinc, and a lower-fat diet. Also trying iodine/selenium supplementation for thyroid.

#46 NewBrigade

NewBrigade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm guessing the supplement you are taking has 150mcg, not mg. 150 mg is way too high. Look back at the bromide detox we talked about before.

Yes...that's correct, sorry. I will try the salt loading method for a few days and quit the multivitamin.

#47 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

I doubt that low an amount of iodine would be doing much of anything. But yes, try the salt loading and see what happens.

Morning:

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Evening:

#48 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hey Samlman, how is your iodine coming along? I'm not really seeing any changes skin or mood wise so far. I think my diet might have been chronically putting me at only 2000 cals a day or less, slowing my endocrine system. I've been eating a lot more and feel better now. I can't say the iodine is hurting anything though. I might scale back to a half a pill a day.

#49 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

Interesting, well its still only been about 2 weeks right? This is when I would think you start seeing changes, weeks 3-6.

#50 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

This is a very interesting thread. Thyroid-related stuff has been very much in my realm of thought lately since my mom has an auto-immune thyroid condition (and the more I talk about health with women her age it's like who doesn't?!) and, of course, PCOS is always interesting to learn about because I am still unsure if I have that. Dr. Terry Wahler, the woman from that one TED Talk about reversing her late-stage multiple sclerosis, talked a lot about the importance of Iodine for those with degenerative diseases (our country's absolute favorite things to have). Gonna look more into this as well as salt loading. Thanks for the info, love informative threads like this.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#51 NewBrigade

NewBrigade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Any progress on this so far? I am thinking about supplementing Lugol's...also does anyone know if hypothyroid is hereditary? I was talking to my mom about my lower than avg body temperature and she revealed that she is hypothyroid. Got me wondering.

#52 Riddled

Riddled

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Please keep us updated, also anyone else out there might as well give this a go, in the name of science, if not anything else. Don't have the marbles myself.

I was eating raw broccoli [to kill H-pylori i may or may not have] for a couple of months until recently but i decided to stop because i felt run down and less energetic and there was a possibility the goitrogenic affects of the broccoli could have been messing with my thyroid.

I don't really get this whole Hyper, Hypo thyroid thing anyway. Just from reading certain things one minute i could be Hypo, the next Hyper. I actually thought i was more likely to be Hyper if anything which means the broccoli should of helped my thyroid by "suppressing" it a bit. Probably means it's got nothing to do with me.
God gave us everything we need; the earth to live on, animals to feast on, vegetables to make side dishes and fruit to be eaten in moderation.

The devil put grains, beats and sugarcane on the earth to tempt us.

For approximately 2.5 million to 10,000 years ago most of us strayed away from temptation but the devils influence grew stronger and eventually we swayed to his evil ways.

God new that those whose faith was strong would never fall to temptation so he punished those who took to the pleasures of grains and sugar by not giving us the ability to digest grains and making sugar poisonous, eventually leading to all kinds of health problems including acne.

But some wanted there cake and to eat it too, free of health problems, so they made a pact with the devil and sold their soul's for acne free skin.

We see these people consuming delicious breaded, dough based meals, baked goods and confectioneries but with crystal clear skin.
These people are walking with the devil!!
They are the spawn of satan!!

Paleo is the righteous path my children!!

Your faith must be strong!!

Do not fall to temptation!!

Posted Image

blind
faith
is the
key

#53 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Whether hypo or hyper you still need your iodine. Especially if you eat things like broccoli or kale, which are good for you but need to be in balance with plenty of iodine so they don't jack up your thyroid.

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 17 May 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Morning:

Evening:

#54 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Whether hypo or hyper you still need your iodine. Especially if you eat things like broccoli or kale, which are good for you but need to be in balance with plenty of iodine so they don't jack up your thyroid.

I didn't know vegetables could do this, do you have a link for more info that I could send/paraphrase for me mum?

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#55 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

http://www.whfoods.c...=george&dbid=47

Morning:

Evening:

#56 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

If it was an allergy you would probably have hives or other characteristic symptoms. I'm guessing the supplement you are taking has 150mcg, not mg. 150 mg is way too high. Look back at the bromide detox we talked about before.

I don't get hives or any of the other classic type II allergic responses when I have citrus. I just get cysts the next day.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#57 borie88

borie88

Getting there

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I don't get hives or any of the other classic type II allergic responses when I have citrus. I just get cysts the next day.

Yes but true Iodine allergies are different since it is an element. People who are allergic to Iodine are always extremely sensitive to it and would know immediately.

#58 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

How could one be allergic to iodine? Wouldn't they just be set up to die? Our bodies fail without iodine so I don't see how you could live very long without it. That would be like being allergic to water...or air. How sad. :(

Morning:

Evening:

#59 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

How could one be allergic to iodine? Wouldn't they just be set up to die? Our bodies fail without iodine so I don't see how you could live very long without it. That would be like being allergic to water...or air. How sad. Posted Image

I knew someone in high school that was allergic to water. Our municipal water, anyway. And someone allergic to grass.

------

I've decided to try this detox thing, sort of. I just don't feel as sharp as I should. I just had my first cup of salt water. I have kelp flakes that I add to broth and other foods, And I add a piece of kombu when i make broth and soups. I plan to watch my blood pressure though as some people are more sensitive to salt and a few years ago when I was brushing my teeth with baking soda, my blood pressure went up. Unless we can find info on reducing this sensitivity. I know about potassium, but I eat plant foods all day long.

I also have chlorophyll supps and will step up the greens even more.

Edited by alternativista, 18 June 2012 - 10:04 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#60 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

How could one be allergic to iodine? Wouldn't they just be set up to die? Our bodies fail without iodine so I don't see how you could live very long without it. That would be like being allergic to water...or air. How sad. Posted Image

I knew someone in high school that was allergic to water. Our municipal water, anyway. And someone allergic to grass.

------

I've decided to try this detox thing, sort of. I just don't feel as sharp as I should. I just had my first cup of salt water. I have kelp flakes that I add to broth and other foods, And I add a piece of kombu when i make broth and soups. I plan to watch my blood pressure though as some people are more sensitive to salt and a few years ago when I was brushing my teeth with baking soda, my blood pressure went up. Unless we can find info and reducing this sensitivity. I know about potassium, but I eat plant foods all day long.

Glad to know we are in good company! I should be getting my supplements this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users