2 replies to this topic

#1 ariesgirl55

ariesgirl55

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Loving life

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

I started taking the antibiotic a little over a week ago alongside my newly adjusted Duac-Differin combo. It seems to be doing it's job...I suppose. I can't really tell just yet because my regimen has been all walked up and inconsistent since mid-March. I'm supposed to contact my dermatologist at the two week point (this Friday) and I believe start to ween myself off the Bactrim (begin only taking it once a day, instead of twice).

I was wondering what anyone has experienced while taking this drug? I know for me, I've been EXTREMELY dehydrated (especially in the middle of the night where I find myself downing water), sort of a lack of appetite (I don't have many cravings or even a particular desire to eat, although I am making sure I'm getting the proper nutrition and calories I need), and pretty lethargic (I tend to want to pass out by 8:30 pm).

I have read that Bactrim does cause a few of these effects, but I don't know if it's more of an anxiety/stress thing, or the fact that my parents are concerned I'm anemic. Either way, it seems quite coincidental that these feelings erupted around the time I started using the drug.

If anyone wants to share their experience with Bactrim, I'd love to hear it! I know it's one of the more heavy duty drugs, but it's side effects really haven't been brutal to me. I could probably use more sleep and water anyways :)

#2 LillyMay77

LillyMay77

LillyMay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

I haven't experienced any side effects. Many people are allergic to this drug. Consider yourself lucky you are tolerating it well. Sleep and water are good for the skin.

Edited by LillyMay77, 02 July 2012 - 04:01 AM.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

#3 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

I took bactrim for about 2 years....no side effects that I can think of. It worked out really well for me. I would suggest supplementing with probiotics though, that's something you always want to do while taking an antibiotic for your acne to keep your gut flora in check.

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users