#1 esa

esa

Acne sucks.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I've started getting massive lumps, which I think is called cystic acne? It's so bad, especially because my skin was clearing up before :(

Has this happened to anyone else on Accutane? The main question I have is do they go away? I have had a few of these lumps before but not quite as bad as the ones I have at the moment, and the ones that I did have still haven't completely gone away, they've left solid bumps on my face.

The ones I have now feel so solid (and huge :( )that it feels like they're going to be permanent... I'm getting so worried now that I'm thinking of coming off Accutane. I'm going to have a completely fucked up face after Accutane at this rate, even if I don't have any spots..

Accutane log

Month 1 - 20mg/day

Month 2 - 20mg/day

Month 3 - 40mg/day

Month 4 - 40mg/day

Month 5 - 40mg/day
Month 6 - 40mg/day
Month 7 - 40mg/day

#2 ready4change

ready4change

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hey esa,

Getting a cystic acne breakout on Accutane is totally normal, especially in the second month when a lot of people begin to experience the initial breakout. I am in my second week and already getting some cysts! Definitely don't quit now....it may suck for a month or two, but in the end it will be totally worth it. Good luck!
Started Accutane 4/21/12!
Month 1: 40mg every other day

#3 esa

esa

Acne sucks.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Sorry I forgot to reply to this. Thanks, and good luck to you too :)

Accutane log

Month 1 - 20mg/day

Month 2 - 20mg/day

Month 3 - 40mg/day

Month 4 - 40mg/day

Month 5 - 40mg/day
Month 6 - 40mg/day
Month 7 - 40mg/day

#4 madhenkz

madhenkz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

For some reason I got a huge cyst/nodule/I-don't-know-all-the-differences-but-it's-huge pimple. I'm quite lucky since it's just under my hairline and I can cover it up rather well. It's 1cm*1cm now for almost 10 days. I'm taking ibuprofen 1200mg/day but I'm not getting the response I was used to with big occasional cysts.
The rest of my face seems to be clearing up though recently. I'm at 3/4th of my cumulative dose. I've got a small feeling that it's kicking in by now. I got my first 'ear ringing', got my 3rd nosebleed since a long long time, Of course, side effects mean nothing about effectiveness, but at least I know the meds are doing something. It gives me hope that it's kicking in, wishful thinking or not.

Anway, I got a huge cyst too yes. I was a bit used to cysts in the 0.6cm range but this 1.0cm diameter is huge. I hope it'll go down soon.

#5 madhenkz

madhenkz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

Went to a dermatologist today to check out my cyst/nodule. It was there for 2 or 3 weeks now, it didn't look like it was going down the tiniest bit, and I was getting sick of it. I proposed a cortisone injection but he thought my cyst was too big for that. He suggested an incision+drainage so I took his advice. Some other guy did the actual procedure, it hurts a little but nothing too bad. Basically he applied some cream (local anesthetics?) took a sharp knife, made some cuts, pushed around a little, and applied a band-aid.

I expected much more, the cyst seems to be just as big as before so I wonder if it helped anything. I hope it'll come down soon, otherwise I'll ask for another incision, this time combined with cortisone injection maybe?

My follow-up meeting is two weeks from now, which is a bit long I think. If this is still the same next week I'll try and get an appointment one week earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users