blackheads oil cleansing method ocm non-inflamed acne vitamin d zinc

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jamie9

Jamie9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

So here's my deal, I use to have moderately bad hormonal acne (inflamed) to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. So I started experimenting (as well as starting birth control pills). I've come up with a regimen that keeps my inflamed acne in check, however I'm still struggling with the non-inflamed stuff, mostly blackheads on my nose.

Here's what I do:

Morning:
Witch Hazel astringent
Olay SPF 15 Daily Moisturizer for normal skin

Night:
OCM with Sweet Almond Oil and Castor Oil (2:1 ish)

Also, I do a honey and Aspirin mask twice weekly, but I just started that so I don't know if it's working yet or not.

The skin on my nose is also pretty dry right now so I'm experimenting with my oil blend.

I'm on and off about taking vitamins. Does anyone think taking zinc and vitamin d would significantly affect my skin?

Like I said, non-inflamed acne is all I'm worried about. My nose is terrible, like blackhead in every pore terrible. But also my chin and between my eyebrows. I also have some weird bumping things on my temples that pop if I squeeze them. I'm a compulsive squeezer, I'm constantly pulling all sorts of gunk out of the pores on my nose.

I'm looking for advice for what I can do to add to or modify my current regimen. I love the ocm so I really want to stick with that. Also, I'm a student, so affordability is a huge factor.

Suggestions, please??

#2 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Creating, making people happy, adventures, and clear skin!

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm still iffy about exfoliating but I think that may help you. Though I don't know the frequency at which you should either.

And have you tried Biore blackhead strips? I can see the gunk actually get out! But I still have them in every pore of my nose just like you. Steaming the face before is extra helpful too.

Or you can use whisked egg whites on a clean face and apply toilet paper and firmly press it on and let it dry for 20-30 minutes and peel it off to clean all your pores out.

I take zinc and d3 but I haven't seen a difference quite yet and I'm pretty forgetful some days.

#3 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

what is the honey aspirin mask helpful with....fading the red or the size of the pimple? I make a spot treatment of aspirin, water & aloe and sometimes a drop of liquid sal acid 2% to decrease the swelling but im looking for something to fade how red some of them are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users