Photo

Will This Ever End? 63 And Counting......

post menopausal monthly hormonal

1 reply to this topic

#1 Pupa

Pupa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Just joined to see if anyone else is having the same problems as myself; haven't seen anything anywhere else on the net. Made me smile when I saw the category 'adult acne' and then saw it was for those over 25......I'm 63! Have had the odd break-out from time to time since I was a teenager, but nothing too bad. Now, when surely I shouldn't be getting monthly cycles, I am regularly getting a breakout of as many as twenty whitehead pimples towards the end of each month. I had a hysterectomy many years ago, so don't really have any other way of telling if I am somehow miraculously still getting some sort of mentstrual cycle. The pimples appear, literally, overnight, over the course of three or four days. They then take ages to settle down and heal up - in fact, they only get better in time for the next lot to appear! This is leading to hyperpigmentation which is a problem for older people anyway, so the last thing I need is something causing more of it to happen.The rest of the month my skin is OK, not too dry, not too greasy. I find that using tea tree and witchhazel lotion helps to clear the spots quite quickly, in that they stop looking infected. But the discolouration carries on for some time.
Any ideas?

#2 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

You should get a complete hormonal panel done to check your levels of estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, SHBG. Go to a endocrinologist or maybe even a derm who can run them. An OB/GYN may do it too, but the best is an endo.

Something is off. I'd get tested during the time your skin flares up.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users