milk thistle liver skin acne acne cure milk

4 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Rio

Tom Rio

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hey everyone! I hope your are all doing well. I'd like to share this post from my blog about acne and would love to get your opinions.

When you eat food, have stress, or smoke (to name a few) you are putting certain toxins into your body. These toxins usually get filtered out by your liver, and that is the end of them. However, in some cases, our livers aren't in the best condition. In these cases, the toxins end up getting redirected to another filter, known as the skin. This usually isn't a problem unless your skin has a problem too. Sometimes when skin doesn't regenerate fast enough, and there is too much sebum on your face, toxins mix in with that causing acne.

So how do we get these toxins filtered by just your liver instead of your skin? That's easy...

Milk Thistle.

There is a fantastic herb that is known for regenerating damaged liver cells and in turn, this lets the liver do it's filtering job correctly. This herb is called Milk Thistle. I myself have been using it for 2 months now, and I must say I feel good. It has not only helped clear my skin but it made my body feel younger. It has helped my energy levels, irritability, and my bags under my eyes are gone too! Try starting out with a bottle of Milk Thistle Tincture, the tinctures of herbs always dissolve in your body at a much higher rate than powders. Start with two droppers full a day in a small glass of juice.

Watch out for the first few days, your acne may get a bit worse since all the toxins are getting pushed out, but don't fret, it will get better!

#2 Jamie Sue

Jamie Sue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:clear skin

Achievements

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

I think I might add milk thistle to my regimen. Would you still suggest this stuff? How is your skin so far?!

#3 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

milk thistle can sometimes be a bit too strong in it's cleanse, causing breakouts.

i recommend trying dandelion first, does the same thing but a milder cleanse. u can even pull it out of ur backyard, free!

#4 pari

pari

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have been using milk thistle in powdered form for about a month. My acne has lessened, and I do think helping the liver to function properly is a big factor in that. However, since I am a woman and mostly deal with hormonal acne - my regimen consists of almost ten different things; mostly powders, supplements and herbal teas. I do recommend milk thistle for thise who want to start out with one powerful product.

(I also guess that using milk thistle makes your liver stronger and doesn't have a side effect - but I might be wrong on this!)

#5 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

I have been using milk thistle in powdered form for about a month. My acne has lessened, and I do think helping the liver to function properly is a big factor in that. However, since I am a woman and mostly deal with hormonal acne - my regimen consists of almost ten different things; mostly powders, supplements and herbal teas. I do recommend milk thistle for thise who want to start out with one powerful product.

(I also guess that using milk thistle makes your liver stronger and doesn't have a side effect - but I might be wrong on this!)

Rather than focusing on so many supplements and herbs, its best to just change your diet completely. Sugar, Oil, Dairy and food intolerance. Those are the things you should be paying attention to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users