4 replies to this topic

#1 G1W2

G1W2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hello guys, I'm back for round 2 of posting! Posted Image

Right, to cut a long story short - I've got a few pimples on my nose (not with a head or anything, just when I itch my nose, I can feel the lumps under the skin) they do appear red though in the mirror.

Any tips that will work to sort these bad boys out?

#2 rockie

rockie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Photography and playing guitar. What else? Yeah, uh, being a typical early 20's gal. I like to thrift store shop and hike in the mountains. I like reading. I don't enjoy television. Seriously. Except for Curb Your Enthusiasm and Workaholics. As far as face care? I enjoy making my own home ade face masks and all of that. I've taken a liking to more natural approaches and it's slowly paying off. The never ending road to clear skin, eh?!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I've always had good luck with exfoliators. I use Queen Helene Honey and Oatmeal scrub, from Family Dollar. I would scrub your nose morning and night. The exfoliator is going to break down all that surface skin and bring those sucker's to the top.
If you want to make a homeade exfoliator, I suggest making a green tea sugar scrub. As far as the redness goes, my skin LOVES yogurt masks. Just buy a tub of plain, natural yogurt from your supermarket. Plain, don't get any flavorings. And put it on your nose, or really, all over your face(it feels so good). Let it sit till it dries. It really calms down inflammation and helps a ton with redness.

Here's how to make the exfoliator:
I take two green tea bags and put them in a coffee mug of hot water and let it brew there until it's totally cooled off. Make sure it's totally cooled off or else it will melt the ingredients that come next!
After the tea is cooled, grab a bowl and add some sugar. Just plain ole' , white sugar. I don't know how much you should add, I always just feel it out. Slowly start to add the green tea to the sugar, mixing gently. Add more sugar if you need to. Or add more green tea. Just keep adding whichever one until it reaches your desired consistency. Finally, add a tablespoon or so of olive oil to the mix and there ya go! A home ade, natural, free of harsh chemicals exfoliator. This exfoliator works great, really makes your skin dewy and pretty.I love it. Good luck!

#3 Dboy28

Dboy28

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Try lathering some benzoyl proxide on em. Clean and clear persa gel 10. 10% BP. When you sleep. Should dry them out and get rid of them. If this doesnt work try a saliclyic (Or however you spell it haha) acid wash. Experiment but dont get crazy. Also what type of face wash do you use that might be irrateing?

Good luck.

#4 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

thank u rockie!! i was thinking of going all natural for exfoliation and using brown sugar and honey with a little lemon juice. do u think that would be a good natural recipe for someone with combination skin?

#5 rockie

rockie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Photography and playing guitar. What else? Yeah, uh, being a typical early 20's gal. I like to thrift store shop and hike in the mountains. I like reading. I don't enjoy television. Seriously. Except for Curb Your Enthusiasm and Workaholics. As far as face care? I enjoy making my own home ade face masks and all of that. I've taken a liking to more natural approaches and it's slowly paying off. The never ending road to clear skin, eh?!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

I think that would work well. :) If possible, I suggest using organic raw honey. You want to keep this scrub as natural as possible, your face will thank you for it later. Trust me!
Homeade , natural exfoliators are AWESOME. I love them. As a matter of a fact, when I'm done with this tube of Queen Helen's exfoliator, I'm definitely going back to my homeade scrubs. They're fun to make , smell really good, and work better than any store bought exfoliator I've used. Let me know how you like it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users