Photo

When Is The Best Time...

green smoothie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 WalkTall

WalkTall

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum and i've also been given a lot of advice.
I'm going to try drinking green smoothies and vegtarble juice.

When's the best time to drink this stuff. Should i do it in the morning, during the day or before bed?
Also how many of these should i be drinking per day/week? Thanks again.

#2 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

I make 1 green smoothie and 1 fruit smoothie daily. The green smoothie I always consume in the morning and the fruit smoothie I always consume at night (post-workout). I would say to consume the juice during the day, while you're active, it's a lot of nutrients and if you go straight to sleep I am not sure the body would cope very well with all those nutrients.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

The best way would be to have one two or three times per day to get your water soluble nutrients throughout the day. Otherwise, have them whenever you otherwise wouldn't have servings of raw fruit and veggies.

#4 WalkTall

WalkTall

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

I make 1 green smoothie and 1 fruit smoothie daily. The green smoothie I always consume in the morning and the fruit smoothie I always consume at night (post-workout). I would say to consume the juice during the day, while you're active, it's a lot of nutrients and if you go straight to sleep I am not sure the body would cope very well with all those nutrients

Thanks for the advice. Do you buy smoothies or make them?

have them whenever you otherwise wouldn't have servings of raw fruit and veggies.

I never eat raw veg.

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

I make 1 green smoothie and 1 fruit smoothie daily. The green smoothie I always consume in the morning and the fruit smoothie I always consume at night (post-workout). I would say to consume the juice during the day, while you're active, it's a lot of nutrients and if you go straight to sleep I am not sure the body would cope very well with all those nutrients

Thanks for the advice. Do you buy smoothies or make them?

have them whenever you otherwise wouldn't have servings of raw fruit and veggies.

I never eat raw veg.

Well, you need to eat some raw produce for the vitamins that are destroyed by heat. Such as vitamin C which you need all day long. Adding the spinach to your cooked food like we talked about counts so long as you just briefly wilt it by adding it after you've turned the heat off. when the color starts to dull i.e. going from green to brownish, nutrients have been destroyed.

And we make the smoothies. You can buy some frozen ingredients to make it easier such as berries and greens.

#6 WalkTall

WalkTall

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

So I don't cook the vegetables?
I just blend them together and drink them raw.

Thanks for all your advice. I believe your theory
I feel diet is the key. It's just hard getting everything you need
And avoiding all the possible triggers.

#7 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

I make my own, and I recommend a vitamix or a blendtech (yes expensive but so worth the cost), regular blenders cant break things down like these can.

#8 WalkTall

WalkTall

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Those blenders are way to expensive I don't care what they cut through.

#9 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

i've been wondering about the little $20 smoothie blenders. the kind that you blend right in a cup that you will drink it from. They take up so much less space on the counter. In the reviews they mention that they'll crush ice, so they should do.

i've been wondering about the little $20 smoothie blenders. the kind that you blend right in a cup that you will drink it from. They take up so much less space on the counter. In the reviews they mention that they'll crush ice, so they should do.

#10 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Try it and you'll know why commercial companies go with vitamix/blendtech. The power they put out are incomparable, and the blades are much more quality.

Edited by bobbi364, 30 April 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#11 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Try it and you'll know why commercial companies go with vitamix/blendtech. The power they put out are incomparable, and the blades are much more quality.

Yes, but we aren't commercial companies. And we are just making one or two smoothies per day. And how much power do you need to blend some spinach and berries?

Edited by alternativista, 30 April 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#12 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Yes, but we aren't commercial companies. And we are just making one or two smoothies per day. And how much power do you need to blend some spinach and berries?

I could see it working well in a regular blender for a while, but when and if you start to add in hard fruits and nuts it might become troubling for the blender to keep up, or might dull the blade. Spinach and berries are perfectly fine in a regular blender, it's when you start adding in things like nuts/seeds, whole apples and other hard foods when it can become an issue. The other plus side about the vitamix is that it is perfect for making soups.

#13 WalkTall

WalkTall

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'll go for one around the $40 range.
I understand that I'll have to prepare things
Like apples and not just throw them in whole
But that's fine. I'm only using it once every morning.

#14 WalkTall

WalkTall

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

I've been drinking Vegterble juice in the morning and a green smoothie before dinner
every day for two weeks now and so far no change. I'll keep it up for a month
and see what happens. I haven't had glutan for two weeks either
and the only wheat i've had are the beers i drink before bed.