Denise2: Primal Defense Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:02 AM

Hi Denise.

I was wondering why you think it's necessary to take such large amounts of Primal Defense? I mean, if the good bacteria repopulates, wouldn't it be just as effective if you took a smaller dose over a longer period of time?

Also, on a daily basis, how many do you take now? I did a quick search and read that you feel you'll be taking this product for the rest of your life. Why?

And on the bottle (or pamphlet...I don't remember which) it said to begin taking one a day and work your way up from there. Why is that?

TIA

-T

#2 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:30 PM

Hey Tracy:

I will probably take the product for the rest of my life because I feel that probiotics are one of the most important supplements I can take. If it wasn't PD, it would be some kind of acidolpholus. My chiropractor told me probably 11 years ago to ALWAYS take probiotics, that it was one of the most important supplements a person can take. It's not necessary to take high quantities except at the beginning of taking it. You want it to populate, take up residence, and push the garbage out. I ran out a while ago and just havn't re-ordered yet, but plan to probably in the next week. I only take 1 or 2 a day now. I think that taking high doses is necessary in order to really do the job. For example, my son, who is 11, started getting acne around his nose and in between his eyes. He had like 5 or 6 good sized pimples and I was very concerned, obviously. The clincher is that his doctor made it very clear he wasn't entering into puberty at this point, therefore, I didn't feel that hormones had anything at all to do with his acne. I put him on PD at a few caps a day. Then, I increased the dosage to 7 caps a day, and 9 days later he began to expel green mucous (from the intestine, which would have eventually become mucoid plaque if it had just sat in his intestine and putrified). He has expelled this nasty, stringy, green goo on at least 5 occasions on the higher dose. It does a pretty good job of pushing that garbage out. I feel pretty certain that it wouldn't do that at lower doses because I've experimented with different dosage amounts. But everyone is different, of course.

I think that Jordan Rubens recommends starting out slowly because it does have a tendency to detoxify the body, and some people have detoxing symptoms, which can be uncomfortable.

Hope that helps.

#3 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:38 PM

Yes, Denise....that does help. Thanks. I just got a bottle a few days ago. I'm taking one a day....in the morning. Tomorrow I think I'll bump up to two. I figured I'd get a bottle before the new formula hits the shelves. smile.gif

Also, What kind of detoxing symptoms are we talking about here? And how come....if they're supposed to multiply....do we continually need to take them? Wouldn't they just keep multiplying? Do they get depleted somehow even if I'm not taking antibiotics?

#4 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:26 PM

Tracy: I had no detox symptoms really to speak of, so I don't know. Since everyone is different, it could be feeling nauseas, having flu-like symptoms, body aches, stuffed up head.....could be anything.

I would think that that they multiply and take up residence, BUT, if you have a certain propensity towards a gut dysbiosis, low hcl levels, digestive issues, etc.....then it's probably good to take them because it's just like any probiotic in terms of being overrun by bad bacteria. Plus, since we don't get hso's in the food supply anymore, then it's probably vital to take it. We do need hso's to activate certain enzymes in the lymph system to fight diseases. Though they tend to attach themselves to our intestinal tract, I would think that they could be overrun pretty easily. I mean, heck....even just chlorine from water causes bad bacteria to flourish in our intestines.

#5 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:46 PM

What's the difference between Primal Defense's original formula, and this new one coming out? Tracy? Denise?

#6 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Sep 25 2004, 07:26 PM)
chlorine from water causes bad bacteria to flourish in our intestines.

View Post

Yes, I heard that, also. Ok, I have a better understanding now. Thanks, Denise.

QUOTE(GoldRex @ Sep 25 2004, 09:46 PM)
What's the difference between Primal Defense's original formula, and this new one coming out? Tracy? Denise?

View Post

Check this thread out, Rex:

http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=29421

#7 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:10 AM

I would love to take Primal defense - but it's too expensive sad.gif It costs almost £50 for a 30 day supply including shipping to the UK. That's getting on for around 90 dollars. Ridiculous. I suppose I'll have to make do with a cheaper form of probiotic.

#8 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(Rossignol @ Nov 16 2004, 06:10 AM)
I would love to take Primal defense - but it's too expensive  sad.gif  It costs almost £50 for a 30 day supply including shipping to the UK. That's getting on for around 90 dollars. Ridiculous. I suppose I'll have to make do with a cheaper form of probiotic.

View Post

I'll probably just take Futurebiotics Longest Living Acidophilus + as I there's no way I could afford PD. The futurebiotics one is only 7.50 at vitacost which is more reasonable to me.

#9 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Rossignol @ Nov 16 2004, 05:10 AM)
I would love to take Primal defense - but it's too expensive  sad.gif  It costs almost £50 for a 30 day supply including shipping to the UK. That's getting on for around 90 dollars. Ridiculous. I suppose I'll have to make do with a cheaper form of probiotic.

View Post

Have you seen these: http://search.ebay.c...osortpropertyZ3 ? They're available in UK for cheaper price and good seller history..

#10 x_ricky_x

x_ricky_x

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(Rossignol @ Nov 16 2004, 02:10 PM)

View Post

On http://www.nutricentre.com the Primal Defense Powder is £37.99 for 81g. It doesn't seem like a lot but it lasts ages! It's well worth the investment I think. It comes with a plastic spoon inside it so you know how much to take at a time. I've had it for around a couple of months now and there's still plenty left... If you've got anymore questions just ask.. smile.gif

#11 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:11 PM

Hey, thanks for the replies guys! (and for the sympathy with my cash flow problems!)
I contacted Maya about it too, and she's given me a contact that does really cheap shipping to the UK, so I might go with that...
Thanks again biggrin.gif