Photo

When To Start Using Aha+?

aha regimen questions alpha hydroxy acid when to start using aha aha questions dkr questions 1 month on regimen success dry skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

I have heard SO many great things about AHA+, but I have also heard not to start using it immediately. I have been on the DKR for 1 month exactly, and I have some AHA lying around, and I was wondering, if it is okay to start using it, and if so, when should I use it, how often, and how should i apply it? (I know that you are supposed to use sunscreen when using this product... So I was also wondering what sunscreens you all would recommend, when and how should I apply that after applying AHA?) basically, I have no idea how to go about using AHA, what it does, or anything like that... Hope you can help! =]
Thanks! - WS
:P

#2 AcneeHater

AcneeHater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

After a month on the regimen, you should be okay using AHA+. Just for heads up, ITS GONNA STING the first few times. I wouldnt recommend putting AHA+ during the day because it will make your skin very sensitive to the sun and may cause sun burn. What i would recommend is using it before bed and probably 2-3 times a week as it is an exfoliator. How i use it is, i mix 1 pump of dan's moisturiser with a thin finger length of AHA+ and mix (its gonna get very watery so be careful when applying to your face, and just apply it as a night time moisturiser. After a few applications and when ur face is used to the product, you're gonna love this stuff. OHH almost forgot to mention, just like BP you want to start of slowly so instead of a finger length, mayb use half or even a peasize if ur skin is really sensitive.And mayb just apply once a week for the first week then work yourself up
AHA+ will help with flakiness and help speed up removing old dark spots.

Right now i havent found any good sunscreens that work well with BP as it does cause flakiness so im hoping Dan's almost done working on his SPF.

Edited by AcneeHater, 24 April 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#3 ATCMatt

ATCMatt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

I don't follow the regimen here but I follow the instructions with Aha. First I just used it as spot treating to see how my skin would react. Then, I used a line of aha along my index finger and applied a layer on entire face. Initially no problems, little tingling was it. Nothing that annoyed me too much. The next day my skin's flakiness was reduced. I waited another two days before using it again and since I had no adverse affects I use it nightly now in place of the moisturizer and it is helping with flakiness and skin tone, not so much red marks but I believe those take several months. I don't use 2 full pumps of b.p twice a day, I only use one pump of it at night. If you are using a bunch of benzoyl peroxide I'd recommend being more cautious than I was.

#4 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

After a month on the regimen, you should be okay using AHA+. Just for heads up, ITS GONNA STING the first few times. I wouldnt recommend putting AHA+ during the day because it will make your skin very sensitive to the sun and may cause sun burn. What i would recommend is using it before bed and probably 2-3 times a week as it is an exfoliator. How i use it is, i mix 1 pump of dan's moisturiser with a thin finger length of AHA+ and mix (its gonna get very watery so be careful when applying to your face, and just apply it as a night time moisturiser. After a few applications and when ur face is used to the product, you're gonna love this stuff. OHH almost forgot to mention, just like BP you want to start of slowly so instead of a finger length, mayb use half or even a peasize if ur skin is really sensitive.And mayb just apply once a week for the first week then work yourself up

Right now i havent found any good sunscreens that work well with BP as it does cause flakiness so im hoping Dan's almost done working on his SPF.

Hey AcneeHater... Have you tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin Sunscreen? I love that stuff and they also have a clear formula!! Give it a try, I don't believe you'll regret it.. :)

#5 AcneeHater

AcneeHater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hey AcneeHater... Have you tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin Sunscreen? I love that stuff and they also have a clear formula!! Give it a try, I don't believe you'll regret it.. Posted Image

No i havent yet. DEFINITELY TRY IT if u say its good.!!! thanks! hopefully they'll sell it at my local drug store

#6 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hey AcneeHater... Have you tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin Sunscreen? I love that stuff and they also have a clear formula!! Give it a try, I don't believe you'll regret it.. Posted Image

would you recommend that sunscreen to someone on the regimen? Because if so, i'd love to try it...

#7 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Indeed I would ... I love it because it doesn't break me out and easily blends with moisturizer .... try the clear formula if you can find it.... all you have to do is make a dime sized circle on top of your two pumps of moisturizer, mix, and apply.... :)

#8 jepooley

jepooley

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

Indeed I would ... I love it because it doesn't break me out and easily blends with moisturizer .... try the clear formula if you can find it.... all you have to do is make a dime sized circle on top of your two pumps of moisturizer, mix, and apply.... Posted Image

Is this the one?
http://www.drugstore...ydroxy/qxp20895

#9 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

Actually I had the incorrect name... it's the ultrasheer dry sunscreen spf 55.... sorry for the confusion guys .... :-/